KEVIN KEEGAN SEEKS £10m FROM NEWCASTLE

Christmas Tree

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old King Kev...

... the king of cutting off your nose to spite your face, that is :o

Ordinarily I like to think I can see both sides of the argument, but I really can't see any justification for your continuous persecution of Keegan. I honestly don't believe you're so thick as to not be able to understand his point of view, the only conclusion I can draw is that you choose to ignore any logical argument on the subject.

I have no problem in his reasons for leaving, that is, he was promised that he had final say on transfers when in fact he didn't. The problem I have is HOW he dealt with it (leaving us without notice at a really vulnerable time). I honestly can't believe his actions put the club first.

I have no problem in his reasons for leaving, that is, he was promised that he had final say on transfers when in fact he didn't. The problem I have is HOW he dealt with it (leaving us without notice at a really vulnerable time). I honestly can't believe his actions put the club first.

Ummm, should he have given us a month's notice? The problem was how the club dealt with it, not Keegan.

Ummm, should he have given us a month's notice? The problem was how the club dealt with it, not Keegan.

Is the real reason we went down, nothing to do with Kev - I don't see how anyone can lay any blame on the Keegler, unless they're a mackem or a brainless cockend :o

Edited by Armchair Pundit

If we had appointed a decent manager a couple of weeks after Keegan went we would have easily stayed up.

I don't think a decent manager in his right mind would have touched us with a barge pole, hence Tourettes/OAP/Angina-attack-waiting-to-happen/Walter Mitty......aka, Joe 'fucking' Kinnear. (ex-Tottenham).

If we had appointed a decent manager a couple of weeks after Keegan went we would have easily stayed up.

I don't think a decent manager in his right mind would have touched us with a barge pole, hence Tourettes/OAP/Angina-attack-waiting-to-happen/Walter Mitty......aka, Joe 'fucking' Kinnear. (ex-Tottenham).

ANd why would no decent manager touch us with a barge pole? Ashley and his cronies... I rest my case m'lud.

ANd why would no decent manager touch us with a barge pole? Ashley and his cronies... I rest my case m'lud.

The case was rested a long time ago, they just keep adding to the charge sheet.

West Ham did okay in recruiting Zola in a similar situation.

Precisely. Which is why West Ham ended up with Zola, Spurs with Redknapp and we couldn't even tempt Terrible Vegetables!

Keegan could probably shag your bird and you'd blame yourself. :o

I don't see what's so hard to understand. I've said it's Ashley's fault first and foremost. I don't think there's many Newcastle fans who'd disagree. The militant "if you say anything against Keegan then you must be a terrorist" line is what I'm struggling with (as are many others).

I ask you this, do really think Keegan's first concern when he walked was the for good of the club?

Keegan could probably shag your bird and you'd blame yourself. :o

I'd be pleased if he shagged mine. In fact, I'd even let him have a turn on me if he wanted.

On top of being lied to, he probably wasn't prepared to take the blame for stuff he had no control over imo. I.e. signings, players being allowed to leave, etc. There's barely a person alive who's noble to the point of never thinking about themselves so I find it hard to criticised Keegan for being no different to anyone else. He's treated differently to a lot of people though. Redknapp's left jobs as many times as KK iirc, for much more selfish reasons and you never here him being called a 'quitter'. That's not a dig at you btw Asprilla. I know where you're coming from.

I ask you this, do really think Keegan's first concern when he walked was the for good of the club?

I'd imagine all he was thinking about was that he had been betrayed by the people he was working with and couldn't continue to work with them. I can't blame him for that. I don't think anyone could have predicted that his leaving would result in us being relegated.

I ask you, what should he have done?

On top of being lied to, he probably wasn't prepared to take the blame for stuff he had no control over imo. I.e. signings, players being allowed to leave, etc. There's barely a person alive who's noble to the point of never thinking about themselves so I find it hard to criticised Keegan for being no different to anyone else. He's treated differently to a lot of people though. Redknapp's left jobs as many times as KK iirc, for much more selfish reasons and you never here him being called a 'quitter'. That's not a dig at you btw Asprilla. I know where you're coming from.

That's because we are inseparable internet pals! :razz: :razz: (sorry, I've had a couple of wines.... :o)

I'd imagine all he was thinking about was that he had been betrayed by the people he was working with and couldn't continue to work with them. I can't blame him for that. I don't think anyone could have predicted that his leaving would result in us being relegated.

I ask you, what should he have done?

I think he should have said exactly what had happened during the transfer window while dealing with the business of managing the side. He could have given a public ultimatum while in a position of greater power....the fans would hardly have disbelieved him and Ashley would have had to deal with it.