Channel Four Now

Guest Stevie

and not many countries condemned the recent Israeli assault on Palestine more vehemently than Britain.

Or have sold them more weapons to facillitate the attack.

Mike Ashley says one thing and does another too. He's a cunt for it.

So you want people at Vickers in Scotswood on the dole?

Are you saying we should wage war to keep unemployment low?

WW2 did end the last depression, maybe in the current eeconomic climate we should invade more countries.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Billy like, it was an opportunity missed. Largely down to the bloke the US elected and his cronies. They then re-elected him so they don't really have any excuses.

The Govt in the U.S. hasn't changed since Kennedy died. More or less the same people and interest groups get in every time, Obama included.

I don't really think that's true in foreign policy / international diplomacy terms. I don't think you'd have had someone like Clinton (who I'm not saying is a saint by any means) would have launched into rhetoric like 'you're either with us or you're against us' or indeed would have invaded Iraq on such a dodgy premise.

Clinton passed the sub-prime legislation as his leaving present. :munch:

**Bosnia was the last good U.S. intervention and Clinton can be proud of that.

Agree with Billy like, it was an opportunity missed. Largely down to the bloke the US elected and his cronies. They then re-elected him so they don't really have any excuses.

The Govt in the U.S. hasn't changed since Kennedy died. More or less the same people and interest groups get in every time, Obama included.

I don't really think that's true in foreign policy / international diplomacy terms. I don't think you'd have had someone like Clinton (who I'm not saying is a saint by any means) would have launched into rhetoric like 'you're either with us or you're against us' or indeed would have invaded Iraq on such a dodgy premise.

It's simply not true on any level. Just another Parkyism.

and not many countries condemned the recent Israeli assault on Palestine more vehemently than Britain.

Or have sold them more weapons to facillitate the attack.

Mike Ashley says one thing and does another too. He's a cunt for it.

So you want people at Vickers in Scotswood on the dole?

Are you saying we should wage war to keep unemployment low?

WW2 did end the last depression, maybe in the current eeconomic climate we should invade more countries.

Been U.S. economic policy for 2 decades. :munch:

Only about 10 people live in Sacandanavia so it don't matter. Didn't think I had to mention the Spanish as they are more or less cunts to a man, you only have to look at the motor racing fiasco and the racism at the football grounds. With Italy North and South are very different so I wouldn't take a broad stroke.

Proof if ever it were needed that the English are as non-racist as Ron Atkinson. We are so much better than everyone else aren't we? :munch:

Only about 10 people live in Sacandanavia so it don't matter. Didn't think I had to mention the Spanish as they are more or less cunts to a man, you only have to look at the motor racing fiasco and the racism at the football grounds. With Italy North and South are very different so I wouldn't take a broad stroke.

Proof if ever it were needed that the English are as non-racist as Ron Atkinson. We are so much better than everyone else aren't we? :munch:

;)

No it's not. :munch:

Too much coffee. ;)

France and Germany are 2 of the more racist countries...but support is waning there...as your post suggests.

It's on the rise here.

Didn't the number of BNP votes at the Euro elections actually go down compared with the previous one?

I think they won seats because the Labour vote collapsed.

Turnout was low across the board.

Aye, I bet you didn't want to discuss Islam at all. right? :munch:

No. Would you say you were a presumtious guy by nature? Do you often hear yourself saying "I knew that cunt was going to say that?"

There's still a difference. But the entire political spectrum inhabits the right now.

Rather than Liberal policies versus conservative, the debate is now between conservative democrats and ultra right wing religious extremists.

Obama is basically the same as Bush is he then? Thank fuck I'm not that cynical.

He's right though. The only cunts I would trust in modern life are the krauts and the scandanavians. The dutch are so open about everything they haven't got it in them to conceal anything as well. I think in the far South of Spain the racism isn't as prevelant however.

I think you'd agree he wouldn't have gone about things like the neo-cons did though, aye? I know all the presidents of the US serve big business and so on (as they need to) but I'm talking about something different. I think someone with a bit of vision like Clinton could have perhaps seized the opportunity to sort out the Israel/Palestine problem once and for all (and used the universal sympathy the US had at the time as a means to do so). That in turn could or would have change or at least partly-nullified a lot of anti-US/Israeli/western sentiments in the Muslim world because much of that is based on the notion that the US are extremely hypocritical when it comes to Israel to the injust detriment of the Palestinians. It wouldn't have been a magic wand by any means but it would have been a start.

He's right though. The only cunts I would trust in modern life are the krauts and the scandanavians. The dutch are so open about everything they haven't got it in them to conceal anything as well. I think in the far South of Spain the racism isn't as prevelant however.

There's a lot of tension caused by all the Moroccan illegal immigration, with southern Spain being their easiest route into Europe. Whereas somewhere like Barcelona, for example, is a lot more multi-cultural and relaxed about race.

Edited by alex

There's still a difference. But the entire political spectrum inhabits the right now.

Rather than Liberal policies versus conservative, the debate is now between conservative democrats and ultra right wing religious extremists.

Yes.

Obama is basically the same as Bush is he then? Thank fuck I'm not that cynical.

More or less yes. Just increased the allocation to Afghan and Iraq didn't he?? It's not his fault as Nicos alluded to the whole paradigm is so far gone it's hard to gain support for almost anything rational there these days.

There's a lot of tension caused by all the Moroccan illegal immigration, with southern Spain being their easiest route into Europe. Whereas somewhere like Barcelona, for example, is a lot more multi-cultural and relaxed about race.

Isn't the far South of Spain basically the Costa del sol and full of British ex pats? Must be sound then. ;)

I think you'd agree he wouldn't have gone about things like the neo-cons did though, aye? I know all the presidents of the US serve big business and so on (as they need to) but I'm talking about something different. I think someone with a bit of vision like Clinton could have perhaps seized the opportunity to sort out the Israel/Palestine problem once and for all (and used the universal sympathy the US had at the time as a means to do so). That in turn could or would have change or at least partly-nullified a lot of anti-US/Israeli/western sentiments in the Muslim world because much of that is based on the notion that the US are extremely hypocritical when it comes to Israel to the injust detriment of the Palestinians. It wouldn't have been a magic wand by any means but it would have been a start.

Agreed.

More or less yes. Just increased the allocation to Afghan and Iraq didn't he?? It's not his fault as Nicos alluded to the whole paradigm is so far gone it's hard to gain support for almost anything rational there these days.

Didn't you just state before that at least Afghanistan is the right target (I believe the US are leaving Iraq)? So that's one difference straight away. Basically I agree with Alex's post on the matter, no point adding more.

Isn't the far South of Spain basically the Costa del sol and full of British ex pats? Must be sound then. ;)

A lot of it is actually really nice but the Costa del Sol itself is fucking awful. It does have the tensions I mentioned previously though because of illegal immigration and being, iirc, the poorest part of Spain (if you're Spanish :D ). Not a great combination normally.

I remember Bush's first response was to go to congress and ask for $260bn to pay for the initial Afghanistan invasion - I thought at the time what if they spend that on just alleviating poverty in the third world? - would it have been a better long term strategy leading to a more secure world (as the US would be hated less).

Didn't you just state before that at least Afghanistan is the right target (I believe the US are leaving Iraq)? So that's one difference straight away. Basically I agree with Alex's post on the matter, no point adding more.

They should really be 'in' Pakistan.

I remember Bush's first response was to go to congress and ask for $260bn to pay for the initial Afghanistan invasion - I thought at the time what if they spend that on just alleviating poverty in the third world? - would it have been a better long term strategy leading to a more secure world (as the US would be hated less).

I remember thinking at the time that the Fed just made up money and sooner or later the system would collapse. :munch:

A lot of it is actually really nice but the Costa del Sol itself is fucking awful. It does have the tensions I mentioned previously though because of illegal immigration and being, iirc, the poorest part of Spain (if you're Spanish :D ). Not a great combination normally.

Andalucia is quite nice if you turn left at Malaga.

Got to admit I've never lived in a foreign country so probably can't comment, but if the UK is supposed to be some outstanding example of social tolerance and cohesion I find that profoundly depressing.