Harewood on loan next week.

Christmas Tree

Mirror

Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood is set to join Newcastle on loan next week.

Hitman Harewood, 30, is desperate for a move after making just one Premier League start for Villa since joining in July 2007 from West Ham for £4million.

He saw a potential switch to top-flight Hull collapse on deadline day.

While a permanent transfer to Newcastle was called off when they re-signed free agent Peter Lovenkrands.

But Toon caretaker Chris Hughton wants to return for the striker when the Football League loan market re-opens next week.

And Harewood, close to fitness after a foot injury, is expected to join the relegated club on a three-month agreement to boost their promotion bid.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's never really had a decent goal record but I suppose it's some cover.

Shearer probably wanted to loan that Sears lad.

Half the West Ham team are MASSIVELY overrated, Sears in all fairness so far has been absolute crap, I think he might have been banging them in for the Spammers reserves but he still hasnt scored yet in the CCC and theyve played easier teams in comparision to us. What has Sears done really to be anticipated as "The next big thing" for West Ham? Simply score a tap-in against Blackburn in the dying minutes like last year or two years ago cant recall.

Dont get me started about Carlton Cole... I think Harewood will get about 4-5 goals for us during his loan period.

Sear has been pap thus ar, though last season I saw hi min a few games and he looked decent. Very lively, but lacked composure in finishing.

Quite easily have him in on loan. People need to remember what level we are actually at and stop turning there noses up at players who would be more than good enough for this squad.

Marlon's going to be a cracking striker at our level, I'm sure his record isn't that bad. Plus he looks like a Goombar(spelling?) from the Super Mario Bros movie, we need cover - unless people are starting to believe the shite Accadickhead spouts.

i think it's safe to say that if we do sign marlon he would be first choice alongside shola in a 4-4-2. shola/harewood would be as good a front two as any in the championship

kind of player you'd want rid of though if we do go up

Rather we get some defenders in to be honest.

Would you also rather have Nolan play up front too?

I wouldn't say that scoring goals is going to be a problem this season, We have enough quality in midfield to cover that, In my opinion we should make sure we have enough cover at the back to keep goals out.

I wouldn't say that scoring goals is going to be a problem this season, We have enough quality in midfield to cover that, In my opinion we should make sure we have enough cover at the back to keep goals out.

to be fair, we're thin on the ground everywhere. we've lost over 10 first team players and bought in lovenkrands and simpson.

we need defenders, midfielders and strikers. a championship season is a long hard slog

to be fair, we're thin on the ground everywhere. we've lost over 10 first team players and bought in lovenkrands and simpson.

we need defenders, midfielders and strikers. a championship season is a long hard slog

We are stocked well in midfield. And alot of them are attacking players thats my point

We are stocked well in midfield. And alot of them are attacking players thats my point

i wouldn't say we're stocked well. the more players we can get the better if you ask me

Bit of a pisser for Ranger. First Lovenkrands now Harewood.

Hope the lad still gets chances to play.

I don't give a fuck who plays as long as they are the best player available.