And leicester are supposed to be one of the better...

accadacca

chuck as much crap as you want at me, but when March comes around when we are promoted, I want an apology from all the unbelievers on here - that is if they have the bottle to apologise - but I won't hold my breath ;)

Hopefully we will get promoted (there's a loooooooooong way to go though).

But if we do get promoted this season, how do you think we'll do in the Premiership next season with this side?

With us back in the prem, there will be a lot more money around - we won't have the same side so its a daft question really

hes right just look at how much we've been splashing out in the PL since ashley arrived

oh wait...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chuck as much crap as you want at me, but when March comes around when we are promoted, I want an apology from all the unbelievers on here - that is if they have the bottle to apologise - but I won't hold my breath ;)

But if we do get promoted this season, how do you think we'll do in the Premiership next season with this side?

With us back in the prem, there will be a lot more money around - we won't have the same side so its a daft question really

How will there be more money??!!!?? There was never any before you mong

Because the revenue will be back up to around 100m and the cost base will be much lower with hopefully young, less expensive and up for it players.

Cant believe you call someone a mong but cant do simple maths in your head.

Because the revenue will be back up to around 100m and the cost base will be much lower with hopefully young, less expensive and up for it players.

All part of the 5 year plan. I can't believe Ashley will spend significantly though. And it'll require pretty significant spending to stay up imo.

We'd get creamed in the prem with this side, no ifs or buts about it. That's why whoever (if indeed anyone does) gets control will have a huuuuuuge job trying to re-establish NUFC as a proper football side.

Are you sitting comfortably, because I have a little story for you.

3 or 4 seasons back, a club called Sunderland got relegated with a measly 15 points. It looked like the end as the then chairman wanted out, they were hugely in debt and looked to be heading for oblivion.

Then along came aload of paddies, put some dough in, made an inspired managerial appt at that time, and now they look as though they have a bright future with a class chairman, a rich owner that likes to be in the background, and are signing decent players, paying the wages which they never used to do, and paying big transfer fees which they never used to do.

Does this not tell anyone how quickly things can change around ????

Many people on here seem to luxuriate in looking for things to be bad and go wrong - to rejoice in the bad things that are happening and may happen. I prefer to look at the many positives which is probably why I wake up in the morning looking forward to life unlike the hundreds of manic depressives on here.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and whilst there is light there, I am not going to be ground down by the doom mongers on here ??? !! ;)

Is that story about Sunderland meant to cheer us up like? ;)

well its happened once so odds are on for it to happen to again to us obviously

I'll tell you a little story about a club named Man City....

Many people on here seem to luxuriate in looking for things to be bad and go wrong - to rejoice in the bad things that are happening and may happen. I prefer to look at the many positives which is probably why I wake up in the morning looking forward to life unlike the hundreds of manic depressives on here.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and whilst there is light there, I am not going to be ground down by the doom mongers on here ??? !! ;)

But your just as blinded by optimism as others are by pessimism.

At least the pessimistic ones have 40 years of hard luck to warrant it.

Edited by Happy Face

This kid is a mackem without a doubt. If you check the IP it will be one of the mackem area post codes i.e. NE30something SR or DH.

I think anyone from NE1-NE29. Fine, but the other postcodes questions need answering as far as I'm concerned.

Lads, I definitely not a proper fan... when I lived in the North East my post code was NE39... :icon_lol:

Fucking hell Stevie, you talk some shit. What the fuck does it matter which postal code boundary you're within? Dwight Yorke lived in those flats behind the Baltic - pretty certain they're within NE8. Does that mean his opinion on NUFC is more valid than those outside of your threashold?

Ease up, Cwaigy, he's not serious. Chill oot, man.

That kid ;)

Kid? :cry:

All part of the 5 year plan. I can't believe Ashley will spend significantly though. And it'll require pretty significant spending to stay up imo.

He'll try and sell us if we get promoted, hence paralysing any attempts to re-structure.

My point is spot on though. We've essentially now have a championship cost base except for those players good enough to make the step up. A return to the premiership will mean there will be "a lot more money around", which someone got called a mong for saying. I wont let idiocy like that slip through on my watch.

He'll try and sell us if we get promoted, hence paralysing any attempts to re-structure.

My point is spot on though. We've essentially now have a championship cost base except for those players good enough to make the step up. A return to the premiership will mean there will be "a lot more money around", which someone got called a mong for saying. I wont let idiocy like that slip through on my watch.

Yeah, I'm not saying there won't be more money around. It's just where it'll end up that bothers me. I'm not convinced a sale is nailed on if we go up either.

Yeah, I'm not saying there won't be more money around. It's just where it'll end up that bothers me. I'm not convinced a sale is nailed on if we go up either.

Indeed, that was more gallows humour than anything.

We'd get creamed in the prem with this side, no ifs or buts about it. That's why whoever (if indeed anyone does) gets control will have a huuuuuuge job trying to re-establish NUFC as a proper football side.

3 or 4 seasons back, a club called Sunderland got relegated with a measly 15 points. It looked like the end as the then chairman wanted out, they were hugely in debt and looked to be heading for oblivion.

Then along came aload of paddies, put some dough in, made an inspired managerial appt at that time, and now they look as though they have a bright future with a class chairman, a rich owner that likes to be in the background, and are signing decent players, paying the wages which they never used to do, and paying big transfer fees which they never used to do.

And if we don't get any significant investment and/or Assley hangs on waiting for his £240m (price + debt + overdraft) what then?

And if we don't get any significant investment and/or Assley hangs on waiting for his £240m (price + debt + overdraft) what then?

I tend to bake biscuits when I'm not sure what to do.

I really believe that Ashley thinks we will go up on a shoestring and that the club will be worth loads more when back in the prem.

He would be mad to sell now unless he is getting his £240m back which I doubt.

The loan system allows us to bring in 8 players during the season so whenever we hit problems on the injury front, we can dip in as and when. He knows that, and he also knows this division is shit.

There isn't one team in this division capable of knocking it about like us - ok, we lacked a bit of punch upfront due to injuries, but the occasional bouts of slick passing almost brought reward eg Nolan's early miss.

With the deadline passing and with Taylor, Smith, Nolan and Gutierrez still on the books, the future is bright.

Must confess if I was Ashley there is no way I'd sell at the moment from a financial point of view. He's also back at the games with family in tow, laughing and joking, getting llambias to run around naked.

Looks to me like he's having good time while seeing the team at the top and big gates.

exactly - if he sells out now, he is even more stupid than most people thought and that takes some doing !

Must confess if I was Ashley there is no way I'd sell at the moment from a financial point of view. He's also back at the games with family in tow, laughing and joking, getting llambias to run around naked.

Looks to me like he's having good time while seeing the team at the top and big gates.

My thoughts too. He cannot believe what he's seeing with us top of the league and a reduced staff/wage bill. If we get promoted, we MUST be worth more, so, as a gambler, I reckon he's less likely to want to sell right now.

My thoughts too. He cannot believe what he's seeing with us top of the league and a reduced staff/wage bill. If we get promoted, we MUST be worth more, so, as a gambler, I reckon he's less likely to want to sell right now.

Stands to reason. Mind you that means he's likely to sell, having got just about every big decision wrong so far....