Earnshaw 3 million

jab

he's got the one commodity we're woefully short of - pace.

not the composed finisher but has proven he can do a job at this level, just not at the very top.

i think he'd be a decent buy for a promotion push. you'd probably sell him if we went up. i can't see fat mike shelling out £3m though, or offering him much in the way of wages, which is the right policy in our current financial situation.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May as well have kept hold of Chopra. Earnshaw is old isnt he, whats the point in signing him, hopefully bull.

Chopra wouldn't exactly bring pace to the side though, would he?

Lovenkrands is a far more realistic option like.

Indeed, I'd have thought anyone coming in will be on free transfers. Incidentally I wonder who's out there on frees? I'd take Lovenkrands back straight away just as cover if nothing else, would do a job on the left possibly too.

Indeed, I'd have thought anyone coming in will be on free transfers. Incidentally I wonder who's out there on frees? I'd take Lovenkrands back straight away just as cover if nothing else, would do a job on the left possibly too.

Snap. All though in the prem he was a bit rubbish outwide. But might get away with it more in the championship.

Snap. All though in the prem he was a bit rubbish outwide. But might get away with it more in the championship.

I'd play him through the middle anyway.

I don't want any Welsh players in the side.

:lol:

Id take him. We need to see what our realistic options are currently. Though I do find the prospect of us actually spending £3M on any player unrealistic.

Wyn Davies, Gary Speed, Bellamy.…

am I missing something?

...that Stevies a massive racist? :lol:

Guest Stevie

am I missing something?

How can that be deemed racist, they're still British, I don't think there are any quality Welsh players apart from the young Arsenal player, and Bellamy. That's what I meant. Pipe down Ewerk.

am I missing something?

Aaaah, it is because ee is black innit boyo!

:razz:

(dons flak jacket and helmet for oncoming Hurricane Stevie!)

Guest Stevie
He's fuckin shite, one of these players who blasts the ball without looking where the goal is, he's a poor mans Guy Whittingham without the height or strength. Oh dear. Still the only man to score a hattrick in all 4 divisions and at international level.

He's got an outstanding record at this level though.

The fact he only scored 1 in 22 games, at Derby and has only managed 13 in his last 52 appearances at this level worries me, when Shola will probably average more than 1 in 2.

Guest Stevie
I'd rather give Nile Ranger a run out and look for a cheaper option at a lower level.

Yes, and offer SOAFFG a contract.

Edited by Stevie

He's fuckin shite, one of these players who blasts the ball without looking where the goal is, he's a poor mans Guy Whittingham without the height or strength. Oh dear. Still the only man to score a hattrick in all 4 divisions and at international level.

The fact he only scored 1 in 22 games, at Derby and has only managed 13 in his last 52 appearances at this level worries me, when Shola will probably average more than 1 in 2.

His season with Derby was in the PL though, so not at this level at all then.

Edit: His goal record for his last two Championship campaigns was averaging slightly better than one in two.

Edited by ewerk

Guest Stevie

His season with Derby was in the PL though, so not at this level at all then.

Edit: His goal record for his last two Championship campaigns was averaging slightly better than one in two.

I don't see the merits of signing someone for one season in the Championship, when Lovenkrands who imo is better is on a free. He's scored 2 goals in his last two full Premiership seasons, comparatively making Shola look like Dixie Dean.

I agree that Lovenkrands is a good option, in an ideal world we'd pay a fee and get Earnshaw on a season long loan and hope to get promotion, not sure Forest would go for that though.

I agree that Lovenkrands is a good option, in an ideal world we'd pay a fee and get Earnshaw on a season long loan and hope to get promotion, not sure Forest would go for that though.

Signing Lovenkrands on a free is a no-brainer, but sadly so is our owner so don't expect it to happen anytime soon!

The guy will cost nothing, has alrady played here so knows his teammates, was doing a half decent job in the divison above and has pace which we sorely lack. And our squad is woefully short even before the injuries start to hit, so we have to get him on board.