Dublin

Craig

I felt quite ashamed that in my 32 years, I'd never once set foot on the 'Emerald Isle'. Well no more! Friday and Saturday I spent in Dublin in a nice little place in Temple Bar. Fantastic day spent at the Guinness Storehouse (yes it really does taste considerably better than in the UK) and the evening in the bars around when I was staying.

For those of you from over there, I can't speak highly enough - either of the place, nor the people. And to anyone who's never been and has considered it - do it! Yes it's expensive but it's fucking worth it.... (well what I remember of it!) :lol:

I felt quite ashamed that in my 32 years, I'd never once set foot on the 'Emerald Isle'. Well no more! Friday and Saturday I spent in Dublin in a nice little place in Temple Bar. Fantastic day spent at the Guinness Storehouse (yes it really does taste considerably better than in the UK) and the evening in the bars around when I was staying.

For those of you from over there, I can't speak highly enough - either of the place, nor the people. And to anyone who's never been and has considered it - do it! Yes it's expensive but it's fucking worth it.... (well what I remember of it!) :lol:

Been a few times and feel the temple bar area is one huge tourist trap and that the Guiness tastes absolutely no different. Other than that it is a brilliant place and if you ever go back go to the Brazen Head on a Sunday night.

A nice place in Temple Bar? Fucking hell.

:lol:

Aye it was canny, Eliza Lodge I think it was called... overlooked the Liffey above an Italian place. Right next door to Fitsimmons. Know it?

I genuinely don't know what the fuss is about Dublin myself. If I was going back to Ireland I'd rather go back to Belfast than Dublin, at least that pleasently surprised me (Dublin being pretty much exactly as I'd imagined it to be).

Edited by Renton

Were you wearing your toon top on Friday afternoon?

For those of you from over there, I can't speak highly enough - either of the place, nor the people. And to anyone who's never been and has considered it - do it! Yes it's expensive but it's fucking worth it.... (well what I remember of it!) :razz:

Can't say I was like.... why? :lol:

Fucking Irish :razz:

so am I :lol:

I used to be

My fiancee was from Co Mayo

Bitch dumped me 3 years ago

Not that I'm bitter

She's still got the ring though :aye:

Which version? the Hollywood-ified one isn't as good

Aye it was canny, Eliza Lodge I think it was called... overlooked the Liffey above an Italian place. Right next door to Fitsimmons. Know it?

I've got that place booked for October, looks to be in a good location. You have any problems with noise though?

I've got that place booked for October, looks to be in a good location. You have any problems with noise though?

Not from the bars, no although the traffic running on the road beside the river could be heard if the window was open. Canny place and I would definitely stay there again.

For those of you from over there, I can't speak highly enough - either of the place, nor the people. And to anyone who's never been and has considered it - do it! Yes it's expensive but it's fucking worth it.... (well what I remember of it!) :razz:

Can't say I was like.... why? :lol:

Saw a fella walking around the area in a home jersey on Friday afternoon.

You don't see many Newcastle jerseys over here.

Saw a fella walking around the area in a home jersey on Friday afternoon.

You don't see many Newcastle jerseys over here.

Were you, perhaps, walking past a Dixons? :lol: