Still the biggest

peasepud

In the last 25 years NUFC:

Have played in the top division in 21 out of 25 seasons

Have maintained their top flight status for 16 consecutive seasons

Have been relegated twice

Have NEVER been promoted to and then relegated from the top flight the following season

Have challenged for the top division title

Have finished in the top half of the top division on 9 occasions. 5 times in the top 4.

Have played in Europe in numerous seasons (Champions League and UEFA Cup)

Have consistently signed proven Premier League players and top Internationals

Have a bigger share of the huge North East fanbase. North of the Tyne must be 90% Newcastle at least. County Durham and South of the Tyne is more evenly split.

Whereas in the last 25 years SAFC have:

Played in the top division in 10 out of 25 seasons

Have maintained their top flight status for a maximum of four seasons

Have been relegated on 6 occasions; 5 from the top flight and twice with a record low points tally (once for the Premier League and once for the top division)

Have been promoted to and then relegated from the top flight the subsequent season on no less than 3 occasions

Have managed a best finish of 7th in the top division - two occasions; the only two occasions when a top half finish was achieved

Have never qualified for/played in Europe

Have only just (last two seasons) started to sign proven Premier League players and top internationals on a consistent basis

Nearly achieved the dubious honour of being the only team in English league history to go an entire season without a win at home (finally won the final home fixture which was a replay of an abandoned game SAFC were losing)

Have set other records for fewest goals scored in the top division etc

Nearly became the worst team in English history by going on a 17 (approximately) game losing streak. One more loss would have matched Darwen's record stretching back to the 1800's

To compare the 'loyalty' (invariably linked to attendances) of both sets of supporters is, in my humble opinion, grossly unfair on SAFC fans who have had untold levels of shite to put up with compared to the mags who have had a cushy little number for years.

For SAFC to be able to pull in 40k+ crowds after all the above is testament to a set of brilliant supporters.

We know where certain peoples loyalties lie don't you worry.

A 29 year-old man resorting to the "you're defending them, you must be a mackem" defence.

What an utter fucking retard :lol:

Guest Stevie

A 29 year-old man resorting to the "you're defending them, you must be a mackem" defence.

Wrong, I've consistently called you a mackem arsehole irrespective of your post. It's in your blood.

Wrong, I've consistently called you a mackem arsehole irrespective of your post. It's in your blood.

To make blood, your body needs to mix:

red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body

white blood cells, which fight infections

platelets, which are cells that help you stop bleeding if you get a cut

plasma, a yellowish liquid that carries nutrients, hormones, and proteins

Edited by songbird

Just makes you more of a mongoloid I'm afraid. But do feel free to continue, because you seem fond of it :razz:

Guest Stevie

Whenever I think of people from Jarrow, I think of skin tight red and white hummel Sunderland top on fat derby's with Vaux written across the middle.

You're actually capable of thinking? Because none of your posts give that impression. More like the image of a racist chimp frantically mashing away on a keyboard.

Edited by Sima