FM2010

Nyff

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost to Hearts in the Final.

Sure the Dundee Utd fans are happy enough with me though.

Oh well time to move south again. Quite liked being able to be near my parents though.

Kids have got a couple more years in Scotland. Might come back to Aberdeen in the future.

Finished 10th in the end, which isn't too bad! Wasn't given anything to spend in pre-season, so have had to rely on freebies and loans. Was actually excited by one of my youth prospects, but he was quickly snapped up by Man Utd. Suppose the £350K compensation was well received! Have picked up a couple of decent(ish) prospects though, and got a couple of loans from Everton (parent club) and Chelsea. Also picked up a 34 Year old Djemba-Djemba, who can do a job for me in the DM position!

Looking to aim for a playoff place this season. Lets see how it goes..!

A win in this game against Leicester (winning 1-0 atm) will take me top, and then I could go three points ahead with a game in hand. Not bad for a team of freebies and loans! Like to think that I've bought intelligently though. Apart from Djemba-Djemba, they have all been youngsters who look like they've got a decent future ahead of them. Used some of the youngsters I'd scouted whilst at Spurs, and otherwise just did player searches for expired contracts with a few semi-decent stats.

Got a GK who should come good, and right now I would say that my strikers are good enough to at least keep me up should I get promoted. Just need to work on my wide players, and need some decent recruits for LM, RM, LB and RB.

Just gone 3-0 up vs. Leicester. Might upload some screenshots of my best players later.

draskovic.png

One half of my strike partnership. I know he has a few shockingly low stats, but he has all the stats in the right areas to do more than enough for me in League 1. A product of the Sevilla academy, but was never given a professional contract.

smith.png

My other striker, who is in great form atm. A player from the Middlesborough academy who was never given a professional contract.

savelli.png

My loan star from Chelsea. Would quite like to buy him should I achieve promotion.

jenkins.png

Released from some crazy Welsh team, but an absolute star as one half of my CB pairing.

shelmerdale.png

Probably my best player. Originally at Reading, but then went to Watford before being released.

All these were bought in for £0. My Chairman is tight as anything, so even when my youth player went to Man U for £400K I only for £80K of it to spend. But with going well in the League Cup (Aston Villa in the next round), and going well in the League, I hopefully should have a little bit of money to play with in the Championship. Early doors yet, though.

just downloaded the metal guitarist update. and that's my plans for the weekend.

Don't like the rules in Forbes. Hopefully this one is good. No transfers first window as well.

Could someone enlighten me that if I create players in the editor, will they appear in my current save game (ie in a few seasons from now) or will I have to start a new one?

Being a little sad and moving some regens from FM07 over to FM10 and seeing how they do. :D

Could someone enlighten me that if I create players in the editor, will they appear in my current save game (ie in a few seasons from now) or will I have to start a new one?

Being a little sad and moving some regens from FM07 over to FM10 and seeing how they do. :D

any editor changes wont appear in saved games no

Being a little sad and moving some regens from FM07 over to FM10 and seeing how they do. :lol:

any editor changes wont appear in saved games no

Not even if I set them to appear a few seasons ahead of where I am now? That's a bit gutting. :( I might start a new save, plonk them all with their original clubs and then do my best to sign them all again.

2nd with 2 games to go with Reading. 3 points behind liverpool and 2 ahead of Arsenal, all played 36. Probably going to get knocked out of the CL by Man City (bogey team) and then the FA Cup final against Pool to finish the season. Hopefully can add to the league cup so no more players want to leave to get silverware. (Luis Jimenez's Lecce are still mid table. He missed us winning the LC :lol: )

There is such a thing as a 'Real Time Editor'. Or at least there was for FM09. Try googling 'FMRTE 2010'. I remember using it in 2009 to bypass the glitch where a player would constantly be 1 day away from returning from injury.

Not entirely sure you can create a whole new player, but you might be able to edit the name and stats of an existing regen.

Started with the same update as Khay. Got 9th in my first season. Not sure how as it seemed like I was drawing every other game. Anyway trying to trim the wage bill and having to take an occasional hit on paying wages, just the od 5k a week here and there. But fuck me Liverpool must be skint. They wanted to pay the 2.9 million for colo over 48 months and then only offered him 6k a week and he wanted me to pay the rest.

Just gone nine points ahead at the top of League 1 with Bristol City. Just at the start of November. A long way to go yet, so think I will have to try my best to strengthen on what little budget I have. Not done too bad with that so far so hopefully I can find some more decent freebies.

Rofl, just looked through my transfer history. Under my management there has been no money spent on players in the last quarter of the last season and in the first half of this one. Then when I looked through all the years, I realised that the last time the club spent money on a player was spending 28K 5 seasons ago. It has to be a mini miracle that I'm top of League 1 at the moment!

Wish you could ultimatum over your Chairman accepting bids. He's selling my players left right and centre, and I am going to need them if I want to maintain this title challenge..

Wish you could ultimatum over your Chairman accepting bids. He's selling my players left right and centre, and I am going to need them if I want to maintain this title challenge..

Keegan-tastic. :lol:

Has ultimatum ever actually worked? I always get sacked when I try it on.