FM2010

Nyff

Kalou was transfer listed on my game so I got him on loan as my right winger and signed him the following year. Andrea Raggi was my right back, he was on the transfer list at Palermo.

Cheers MH, I'll have a look at those options, especially Raggi.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raggi is handy, although he took a little time to settle in at RB. He can play anywhere across the back. Another alternative would be to play Saylor at RB and sign Burdisso on a freebie to play at CB with Colo and use Kadar as back up. Either way is cheap and cheerful.

Raggi is handy, although he took a little time to settle in at RB. He can play anywhere across the back. Another alternative would be to play Saylor at RB and sign Burdisso on a freebie to play at CB with Colo and use Kadar as back up. Either way is cheap and cheerful.

Sometimes I used Collocini at RB, with Saylor and Kadar central, this seemed to work fine (defensive record), but due to a change of leauge and difficulty of opposition I don't think it's really appropiate to start players out of position. Definetly need cheap alternatives, I can already confirm this Palmer is a tight cunt ;). Cheers for the reccomendations.

No problem. Just keep an eye on the transfer list. Sometimes good players can crop up quite low down (if you sort by value). If you're skint then loan the better players (normally for a fee) and pick up the others at knock down prices. But players come and go from it quickly during windows.

Alright im seriously stuck. First i may aswell introduce you to my new game. well i deleted the editor off my pc and desided to start again, pissed the championship, went up finished 7th, next season i got a £40m transfer budget for saying i was gona win the league, i won the league. the season after i won the league and now its the start of my 4th season and when i go to register players that are trained at club i find i only have 1 at the club ;) and it wont let me continue or summat :icon_lol: help

Are you still trying to register 25 players even though you only have home grown/club trained? If so then try leaving 7 spaces. If you had no home grown players then you'd only be able to register 17 players. But you have one so should be able to register 18. Bear in mind you only need to register players that are aged over 21 on the 31st of August. If that doesn't work you could send me your save game and I'll have a look at it tonight and see if I can get it to work..

Edited by The Mighty Hog

It's 4 seasons in now, started off with Newcastle and got them promoted and started off well in the Premiership, Fulham got relegated then sacked their manager half way through the 2nd season so for some reason I took that job. Got them straight up that season and then had a solid mid-table finish, and then in that summer Man U and Spurs came calling. Fulham were only giving me £4-5m to spend, despite being taken over, and when Man U offered me £55m I couldn't resist!

I took the job in early June before the targets for the next season were set, I agreed to a "title challenge" and for that they gave me £55m to spend, if I agreed to "title winner" I would have got £66m.

I've flogged Berbatov for £7m, Obertan for £5m, some Russian winger they bought for £12m I managed to flog for £11.5m, and sold a few kids that were going to be no where near the first team all for around £2m-£3m each. I made them £28m before I've even spent a penny! They had 12 scouts when I arrived, got rid of the useless ones, including Fergie's son. The back room staff are brilliant like, didn't have to bring one coach in they had so many to begin with all with excellent stats. Desperatley need a GK cause they've still got Van Der Sar, who's now 41, and Foster who looks terrible.

Looks like I'm gonna sign Dzeko from Wolfsberg for around £20m to play next to Rooney, and probably Gourcouff to play attacking midfield. Need a good winger as well cause Valencia looks pretty average and Nani wants to leave (thankfully!).

Win a couple of trophies there and then wait for the Newcastle job to become available... once the Tony "The Messiah" Pulis gets the boot!

Well if i was you i wouldn't buy Dzeko, in my 3rd season in he was running out of contract and in Jan. I offered him a lucrative contract and he signed the following summer free of charge :icon_lol: Oh and I bought Foster for £10m - Leading star goalkeeper, can't see why he's shit in your game. Also have some spanish chap whos 19 coming up through the ranks (GK) and i had him since he was 16, he's currently a decent premier division GK, obviously going to be God some day. I have a few cracking players i my academy (aged 16-18, priced 3m-5m) so i cannot wait to these grow.

Oh and man united offered me the exact same as you, needless to say i stayed true to the toon. Unlike some ;)

Well if i was you i wouldn't buy Dzeko, in my 3rd season in he was running out of contract and in Jan. I offered him a lucrative contract and he signed the following summer free of charge :icon_lol: Oh and I bought Foster for £10m - Leading star goalkeeper, can't see why he's shit in your game. Also have some spanish chap whos 19 coming up through the ranks (GK) and i had him since he was 16, he's currently a decent premier division GK, obviously going to be God some day. I have a few cracking players i my academy (aged 16-18, priced 3m-5m) so i cannot wait to these grow.

Oh and man united offered me the exact same as you, needless to say i stayed true to the toon. Unlike some :icon_lol:

I was at Fulham when they approached me though ;)

Well if i was you i wouldn't buy Dzeko, in my 3rd season in he was running out of contract and in Jan. I offered him a lucrative contract and he signed the following summer free of charge :nufc: Oh and I bought Foster for £10m - Leading star goalkeeper, can't see why he's shit in your game. Also have some spanish chap whos 19 coming up through the ranks (GK) and i had him since he was 16, he's currently a decent premier division GK, obviously going to be God some day. I have a few cracking players i my academy (aged 16-18, priced 3m-5m) so i cannot wait to these grow.

Oh and man united offered me the exact same as you, needless to say i stayed true to the toon. Unlike some :icon_lol:

I was at Fulham when they approached me though ;)

You left Newcastle to join Fulham - that's even worse :icon_lol:

God I hate end of the season.

I can’t commit to Toon in Football manager knowing that we are hopefully buying players soon as I will want to start a new season with the new transfer. My Scotland game did not last long as I got bored of not being able train up any youngsters.

So I’ve gone for Man city and so far I’ve managed to make it to February with them. Four way battle for the top with Liverpool/Man U and Chelsea. I’ve bought Sanago (SP) the young French striker who has 12 goals so far this season, not bad for a 16 year old. Zapata for 15 million and Muntari (January) for 5 million as back up to replace the outgoing Veira at the end of the season.

It's 4 seasons in now, started off with Newcastle and got them promoted and started off well in the Premiership, Fulham got relegated then sacked their manager half way through the 2nd season so for some reason I took that job. Got them straight up that season and then had a solid mid-table finish, and then in that summer Man U and Spurs came calling. Fulham were only giving me £4-5m to spend, despite being taken over, and when Man U offered me £55m I couldn't resist!

I took the job in early June before the targets for the next season were set, I agreed to a "title challenge" and for that they gave me £55m to spend, if I agreed to "title winner" I would have got £66m.

I've flogged Berbatov for £7m, Obertan for £5m, some Russian winger they bought for £12m I managed to flog for £11.5m, and sold a few kids that were going to be no where near the first team all for around £2m-£3m each. I made them £28m before I've even spent a penny! They had 12 scouts when I arrived, got rid of the useless ones, including Fergie's son. The back room staff are brilliant like, didn't have to bring one coach in they had so many to begin with all with excellent stats. Desperatley need a GK cause they've still got Van Der Sar, who's now 41, and Foster who looks terrible.

Looks like I'm gonna sign Dzeko from Wolfsberg for around £20m to play next to Rooney, and probably Gourcouff to play attacking midfield. Need a good winger as well cause Valencia looks pretty average and Nani wants to leave (thankfully!).

Win a couple of trophies there and then wait for the Newcastle job to become available... once the Tony "The Messiah" Pulis gets the boot!

He's got the sack and it's only November.... needless to say I've applied for my old job back, despite being top of the league with Man Utd. Should I seel some players before I leave just to mess them up? :razz:

I'm the manager of Man City, 190,000 a week - fecking disgrace. Bought Chelleni, Dzeko and Modric. took up about 70mil for them, now looking for one world class player to transform this squad.

I'm the manager of Man City, 190,000 a week - fecking disgrace. Bought Chelleni, Dzeko and Modric. took up about 70mil for them, now looking for one world class player to transform this squad.

position?

position?

Any, there's always that 1 player who can really transform a squad. Bought Young for 19mil to play on the right wing.

Given

Richards . Toure . Chelleni . Bridge

Young . De Jong . Barry . Modric

Tevez . Dzeko

Good squad, preferably CM, although to attract some world class boy i may need to win the league, which i am on course to do, being january and im 1st, 12 points clear of Arsenal who have a game in hand.

Which season is it? I'd give Stevie G a go if he isn't past it yet. See how much Arsenal want for Fabregas too. I'd also recommend Sneijder.

1st season in, I was recomended Fabregas and it seems he would be interested, I had to pay 50mil for him when i was Sevilla. I have no money left so i'll probably end up going for him in the summer.

anyone seen ramsey scaling the heights yet?

hes actually the best player in the world on one of my saves CA of (I had to check) 196 his PA is actually 199