FM2010

Nyff

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeover is complete... after a few weeks the bank balance hadn't changed so I asked for some money and guess what?!

I got £15m straight away! :D

First match against WBA and Harper gets sent off in the 12th minute.

Chris Basham sent off against WBA in the 15th minute...

a bug perhaps?

Sign Andreas Johansson, he's an older attacking midfielder, but he's dominating the opposition in my lop-sided 4-4-2

11012009112257.jpg

11012009112336.jpg

Edited by The Fish

Can't see what you're complaining about, takeover aside (they are random and the "cheap" takeover seems more common than the sugar daddy one), the game is fairly realistic. We know there's a lot of dross in this league and all it would have taken for us to have a good punt at it was some sensible management since our first 11 is well above that of others in the league. It doesn't need a tactical genius, you just need to keep the bulk of the squad fit and healthy and pad it out with freebies and loans. The real challenge is keeping us in the league in the second season. Obviously that's been made easier for by your takeover but it won't happen for everyone. The odds might be 1 in 10 of it happening. So the rest of us will have to wheel and deal and try to make the most of what we can get by finding a good solid tactic.

:D get better at defending? touchline instructions mean you can make quick tactical changes on the fly. :rolleyes:

I have two very similar strategies, one for when I'm going for goals, one for when I'm shutting up shop.

I flick between the two during the game, so just after I score, or when it's a nail biter towards the end of halves...

Edited by The Fish

Its been two penalties and one from open play, the first penalty which came with a red card was recinded and the one from open play there was only 2 minutes added on but they scored in the 96th minute? The games against me already.

Try having duplicate strategies, but your second with frequent pressing, slow tempo, aggressive and what not.

oh and what formation are you using?

Changed it around a bit for the away game against Blackpool.

Went for a 4-5-1 (some reason the game see's it as a 4-3-3)

Went with Smolarek up-front by himself instead of Carroll, with Nolan playing just behind him.