Newcastle United vs Reading FC

Tom

NEWCASTLE United are expecting a busy day on Saturday with fans wishing to buy tickets for the first home game of the season against Reading.

Season ticket holders are reminded that last year's season cards have been re-loaded with all 23 Championship games and are to be re-used for the coming season. All new season ticket holders should have now received their season cards in the post.

We would encourage all supporters planning to come to the match on Saturday to buy tickets in advance - the Online Box office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is the easiest way to buy tickets for the game.

Tickets are also available to buy from the St James' Park Box Office on 0844 372 1892 or in-person between 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9am - kick off on Saturday. You can also buy tickets from our Official Club Stores in Eldon Square, Monument Mall and Metrocentre.

The Box Office will send out tickets purchased up until 4pm Thursday by first class post. Any tickets purchased after this time will be made available for collection from the South Stand Box Office from 3.30pm on Saturday.

If supporters wish to purchase tickets on matchday we would encourage them to arrive at the ground a minimum of 1.5 hours prior kick off to ensure they are in their seats in plenty of time for kick off.

The Club will be operating cash turnstiles in the following areas:

Gallowgate Stand Upper Tier £25 Adults / £13 Juniors (under 18)

Sir John Hall Stand Level 6 £25 Adults / £13 Juniors (under 18)

Sir John Hall Stand Level 7 £20 Adults / £10 Juniors (under 18)

Milburn Stand Family Area £20 Adults / £10 Juniors (under 18)

If supporters can bring exact money when using cash turnstiles it would be appreciated and it will ensure that queues are kept to a minimum.

Harper will start.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably in regards to queuing as they can't handle it at the best of times. Never mind cash turnstiles for a league game! :mellow:

The club also expect in excess of 30k.

Royal Return Too Soon For Duo

NEWCASTLE United duo Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie will not be available for Saturday's inaugural Gallowgate fixture against Reading.

Butt (hand) and Guthrie (hamstring) were out on the club's North Tyneside training pitches on Thursday but they will not figure against the Royals.

Instead, caretaker boss Chris Hughton hopes to have the pair available for Wednesday's home clash with Sheffield Wednesday.

"Saturday's game will come a little bit too early for both of them," he explained.

"Hopefully they might be involved on Wednesday so we'll wait and see."

So will most probably be the exact same line up as last week at WBA?

Harper

R. Taylor S. Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Smith Nolan Duff

Ameobi Carroll

I'd be wanting us to give LuaLua a start personally over Jonas who did nothing. and for god sake bring Ranger on sooner than the 92nd minute!

Barton might start this week, meaning Carrol dropped, I suppose.

I know playing the much more experienced Harper is probably the right thing to do, I just feel a bit disappointed that Krul won't get the nod.

I can see the thinking behind it though, if Krul starts ahead of a fit Harper and drops a bollock(quite possible), Hughton will be torn apart. The safest thing Hughton can do is play 4-5-1 with the most experienced players he has available and keep his head down.

Harper

Jonas Smith Nolan Duff

Ameobi Carroll

I'd be wanting us to give LuaLua a start personally over Jonas who did nothing. and for god sake bring Ranger on sooner than the 92nd minute!

e8aeps.jpg

Harper

Jonas Smith Nolan Duff

Ameobi Carroll

e8aeps.jpg

:mellow::o:razz:

Harper

Duff Smith Barton Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Wouldn't be the worst option. Carroll was so clearly better than Ameobi on the weekend that it would be criminal if Shola was to start at Andy's expense. I was thinking that I'd like to see Tamas Kadar starting in place of Coloccini, but Kadar was on the losing side in the walloping our reserves copped off Leeds so perhaps now is not the best time to stick him out there.

On the back of that second half I'd like to see Krul given a chance to start, though I won't be disappointed if Harper is again named.

Would possibly be worthwhile to have Geremi out there as well. For all of his inability to run (though he did actually beat a defender with pace last season) he is probably the best crosser that we have in our entire squad. Certainly puts Jonas and Duff to shame in that respect (though playing them on their opposite wings as is currently en vougue does little to help with that).

Harper

Jonas Smith Nolan Duff

Ameobi Carroll

e8aeps.jpg

maradona_fat.jpg

??

I reckon this is a nailed-on draw.

Reading are playing 4-5-1 possession football under Rogers, yet for all the possession, they don't have a striker who can score. That said, I can't see our squad as it is breaking them down with the current midfield and strikerforce.

0-0.

Harper

Jonas Smith Nolan Duff

Ameobi Carroll

e8aeps.jpg

Yeap and even if Carroll's scores 2 he'll probably be coming off around the 60th minute again with Shola staying on of course.

If Mike Ashleys daughter was in a night club I would buy her drinks all night and take her home and shag her.

dude she's about 11