Ginola: I want to manage Newcastle

Jimbo

It wasn't all that long ago that he was saying the worst thing he ever did was join Newcastle. Now we're welcoming him with open arms? FFS get a grip lads!!!

It wasn't all that long ago that he was saying the worst thing he ever did was join Newcastle. Now we're welcoming him with open arms? FFS get a grip lads!!!

say what?

say what?

I think he said something along the lines of he wished he'd joined Barcelona instead.

In 1996, Barcelona made a move for him, but Newcastle rejected their offer, Ginola later stated his regret that he had never played for one of the "big clubs".

say what?

I think he said something along the lines of he wished he'd joined Barcelona instead.

well thats not the same thing at all

say what?

well thats not the same thing at all

Exactly, it was more of a regret than anything else, he was talking about how Keegan convinced him to stay after the 95/96 season but then after Keegan left himself he felt let down and regretted not leaving when he had thr chance. He has also pointed out on numerous occasions how his time at Newcastle was the best of his life etc etc

Edited by TicTacWoe

So the same people who would have Ginola, yet said no to Shearer?!

Shearer's too big for Ashley. He was burnt by Keegan's popularity.

He's not interested in getting in a manager who the fans would side with in opposition to him.

Agree. It crossed my mind that this is what may have happened post relegation. Ashley keen until he relises he once again has a manager bigger than him (and a totally unproven one at that) and thinks even if it goes threppennies up he can't be sacked. Not saying this was definitely it - just a thought. But with an owner who seems to act on gambles and whims it can't be ruled out.

• 2 years later...