Boycotting a match

timnufc

I'm not going this weekend, but not out of protest or boycott. I didn't renew cos I'm not handing 600 notes over to that twat, and I feel no desire whatsoever to buy a ticket and attend, so I just won't be there.

By the way, go to the guardian website and scroll down to the Culture section on the front page. There's a brilliant Up The Arse corner picture.

let's face it - he put the money up and bought the club - he can do what he damn well likes with it

It seems he wants to run it into the ground at the moment.

Not turning up only works if we can make the pain for him greater - and as has been said he has the ST cash already - eventually he'll accept an offer from someone but until then............................. we're stuffed

I'd want the 10k who were planning to buy general sales to stand outside the ground with banners and stuff.

However, that just wont happen.

Fwiw, I don't think boycotting the matches would make any difference. We're stuck with him until he decides to accept a bid. His decision will not be swayed by us, in any way.

let's face it - he put the money up and bought the club - he can do what he damn well likes with it

It seems he wants to run it into the ground at the moment.

Not turning up only works if we can make the pain for him greater - and as has been said he has the ST cash already - eventually he'll accept an offer from someone but until then............................. we're stuffed

Did you renew like?

I think demonstrations like this at the ground will just shit on whats left of the players morale, I think the "fuck off you obese cockney twat" will go down nicely though, and i shall be singing this myself when I go to the sheff wed game next wednesday.

I think boycotting the game sounds good in theory, but as said before does more harm than good, and gives Ashley ST money for absoutely nothing.

Boycott the food, drinks, programmes, club shop etc... if you can do that you fat gits :mellow:

I think demonstrations like this at the ground will just shit on whats left of the players morale, I think the "fuck off you obese cockney twat" will go down nicely though, and i shall be singing this myself when I go to the sheff wed game next wednesday.

I think boycotting the game sounds good in theory, but as said before does more harm than good, and gives Ashley ST money for absoutely nothing.

Boycott the food, drinks, programmes, club shop etc... if you can do that you fat gits :mellow:

You could be right, there. Maybe the team will actually benefit from some decent support for a change. They claim the mood in the camp is now one of togetherness, so if they get a demonstration from the fans that we're 100% behind them, they could gel into something resembling a decent team.

I'm in total support of letting LardAsh know what we think of him via a few lound renditions of 'get out of our club'. Not that I'll be there to help, though :o But fear not, I've sent him a black spot through the post.

Edited by snakehips

Think the cockney stuff is just an own goal. We want him to be the bad guy not us.

In an ideal world we could do with a greenham common scenario at the gates of his posh mansion. Lots of scruffy lesbos jumping all over his car everytime he comes and goes.

Do we have a lesbian supporters club who could possible help out?

See Soccermom, she might swing both ways. :mellow:

Just remember that boycotts and any resulting lowered revenue will only serve to decrease interest from potential buyers.

Support the 11 blokes on the pitch, don't cut off our own noses to spite the face.

Just remember that boycotts and any resulting lowered revenue will only serve to decrease interest from potential buyers.

Support the 11 blokes on the pitch, don't cut off our own noses to spite the face.

Fuck me I don't know whether I want you to lose the Oz or the ToonFan out of your user name because you behaving like neither! There are no potential buyers until the fat cunt realises it's worth a fraction of what he is asking.

Something has to be done, Ashley the cunt is arse raping all toon fans with what he is doing to the club and I doubt anyone here wouldn't fight back if he was physically waving his cock in your direction.

Either target his shops and brands, as mentioned on the first page and/or take action at the game.

The St Pauli protest I witnessed earlier this year was the most affective thing I've seen - it was organised and the team wasn't put off by it because they knew it wasn't at them because of the media coverage prior to the game.

Let the media know a protest involving chants against Ashley for the first 30 minutes will be organised. Then organise two groups for a call and response - then watch others join in. At 30 minutes stop the abuse at Ashley and support the team.

But it needs to be coordinated.

Edited by sammynb

Isn't there a way to convey to any potential buyers (if there are any) that the boycott is towards Ashley and the current regime and that if a purchase is made the fans will come back? A media blitz of sorts... I understand that Ashley already has the money from ST sales but an empty or greatly decreased stadium will be a clear sign of the money he is missing out on from sales within the ground.

Just my two cents and before anyone says... I understand that I am living away and not a ST holder. But believe me when I say that I am feeling frustration over here just as well regarding this whold fiasco and want a change to happen before it's too late.

Fuck me I don't know whether I want you to lose the Oz or the ToonFan out of your user name because you behaving like neither! There are no potential buyers until the fat cunt realises it's worth a fraction of what he is asking.

Something has to be done, Ashley the cunt is arse raping all toon fans with what he is doing to the club and I doubt anyone here wouldn't fight back if he was physically waving his cock in your direction.

Either target his shops and brands, as mentioned on the first page and/or take action at the game.

The St Pauli protest I witnessed earlier this year was the most affective thing I've seen - it was organised and the team wasn't put off by it because they knew it wasn't at them because of the media coverage prior to the game.

Let the media know a protest involving chants against Ashley for the first 30 minutes will be organised. Then organise two groups for a call and response - then watch others join in. At 30 minutes stop the abuse at Ashley and support the team.

But it needs to be coordinated.

I stand by my statement. Support the 11 guys on the pitch. It's plain to see there's no way there's going to be any sort of properly organised or coordinated boycotts. I don't see how 30 minutes of vocal protesting that has no relation to what is happening in the match could not have a negative effect on the players.

There's no disputing that Ashley is fucking/has fucked the club up, but that's surely not his intention. Getting angry about it hasn't fucking worked in the past. Truth is noone here really has any idea as to whether or not there is any actual potential buyers, and if there is what they were offering to buy the club. We all do know however that there is fuck all time left before no further action can be taken to increase our drastically depleted playing roster. It's apparent that the tide of anger will build to a gushing crescendo at the precise point when the transfer window snaps shut and we find ourselves stuck in the same position as last window. Obviously by this stage the protests will mean very little as it's incredibly unlikely that someone will buy us between now and the summer window unless by some small miracle the shell of a squad that we have is getting results. The potential to get those results may become further compromised by supporter unrest.

By all means protest at Ashley expressing your desire for him to leave, but try not to do so at the expense of what is happening on the field. We've already found out the hard way that every point is precious.

But believe me when I say that I am feeling frustration over here just as well regarding this whold fiasco and want a change to happen before it's too late.

Amen.

Obviously by this stage the protests will mean very little as it's incredibly unlikely that someone will buy us between now and the summer window unless by some small miracle the shell of a squad that we have is getting results. The potential to get those results may become further compromised by supporter unrest.

This is not a soooper fan comment but you really need to get to SJP to see the fucking apathy this cunt has created. It's not obvious on the telly.

As I said I've seen it in action at St Pauli and it's a beautiful thing and nothing is going to change until this cunt is pushed.

Obviously by this stage the protests will mean very little as it's incredibly unlikely that someone will buy us between now and the summer window unless by some small miracle the shell of a squad that we have is getting results. The potential to get those results may become further compromised by supporter unrest.

This is not a soooper fan comment but you really need to get to SJP to see the fucking apathy this cunt has created. It's not obvious on the telly.

As I said I've seen it in action at St Pauli and it's a beautiful thing and nothing is going to change until this cunt is pushed.

There's not much I'd love more than to see a game at St James'. I'm completely across the feeling of apathy created by Ashley in my own life, but yes it probably would be eye opening to see it on a broader scale. Despite this I've perservered and watched every match we've played in over the past two seasons (and most matches for multiple seasons before when available). So I might not be across the feelings in Newcastle (though they're probably similar to mine) but I have seen the steady decline in player morale particularly after Keegan's departure last season.

I definitely don't have all the answers, just putting my opinion (however ill informed others believe it to be) across.

We all want the same thing.

There's not much I'd love more than to see a game at St James'. I'm completely across the feeling of apathy created by Ashley in my own life, but yes it probably would be eye opening to see it on a broader scale. Despite this I've perservered and watched every match we've played in over the past two seasons (and most matches for multiple seasons before when available). So I might not be across the feelings in Newcastle (though they're probably similar to mine) but I have seen the steady decline in player morale particularly after Keegan's departure last season.

I definitely don't have all the answers, just putting my opinion (however ill informed others believe it to be) across.

We all want the same thing.

I agree we do and your opinion is as valid as anyone elses here but as sammyb points out you have to be here to fully understand. The telly does not convey the feeling of hoplessness that you got when you were sat inside the ground on a matchday. The passion, the noise, the sheer devotion for the team didnt exist in a number of games. Not because we love the team any less, not because we dont have it in us but because its been suppressed by both fear and loathing of these men (I hold Llambretta as equally guilty as his employer now). Fear that they could (and did) take us further into the shit and loathing for everything they say and do.

Until television manages to transmit emotions then you're stuck with a view that only gives you a tiny fraction of what it feels like to be a Toon fan, thats not your fault and its not ours but it is a fact of life.

I agree we do and your opinion is as valid as anyone elses here but as sammyb points out you have to be here to fully understand. The telly does not convey the feeling of hoplessness that you got when you were sat inside the ground on a matchday. The passion, the noise, the sheer devotion for the team didnt exist in a number of games. Not because we love the team any less, not because we dont have it in us but because its been suppressed by both fear and loathing of these men (I hold Llambretta as equally guilty as his employer now). Fear that they could (and did) take us further into the shit and loathing for everything they say and do.

Until television manages to transmit emotions then you're stuck with a view that only gives you a tiny fraction of what it feels like to be a Toon fan, thats not your fault and its not ours but it is a fact of life.

Fair call, I'm certainly not in a position to deny any of that. I am partially glad that I'm not in a situation where I'm surrounded by more of the same feelings and emotions. At one leve it's good to share the feelings with others (eg. on here and other forums that I post at), but for me here in Australia, most people know buckleys about Newcastle, let alone the situation they're in at the moment so it's fairly easy to avoid it if I don't want to bring myself down too far.

Believe me there's been many nights when I'm up at 3AM freezing cold in my lounge room watching a match that we've got buckleys chance of competing in, let alone winning yet I'm still there watching every painful moment with a horrible feeling in my gut that I'm sure you're familiar with.

There's no disputing that Ashley is fucking/has fucked the club up, but that's surely not his intention.

This, for me, is becoming an increasingly moot point. :mellow:

I can't believe anyone that is/was a self made billionaire is that inept, I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing this intentionally.

There's no disputing that Ashley is fucking/has fucked the club up, but that's surely not his intention.

I can't believe anyone that is/was a self made billionaire is that inept, I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing this intentionally.

I don't believe he would intentionally depreciate his assets. I think there has been pride and pig headedness in his decisions, particularly in relation to Keegan, I also think he's been badly advised by his "mates". But I don't think he's set out to fuck us over just to get back at us, if anything I think he's reluctant to let us go because he wants to prove he can make it work for him. At the bottom of this, I don't think he gives a fuck about us, it's all about his pocket and his ego in that order.

I have no evidence whatsoever to base my opinions on obviously.

I don't believe he would intentionally depreciate his assets. I think there has been pride and pig headedness in his decisions, particularly in relation to Keegan, I also think he's been badly advised by his "mates". But I don't think he's set out to fuck us over just to get back at us, if anything I think he's reluctant to let us go because he wants to prove he can make it work for him. At the bottom of this, I don't think he gives a fuck about us, it's all about his pocket and his ego in that order.

I would say the evidence is contrary to wanting success for us or a return to the premiership, and you need to build a hypothesis that best fits the known facts. Selling off our best players and not employing Shearer (who would immediately increase gate receipt if nothing else) makes no sense to me, except in the context he wants to piss us off and ultimately destroy the club, however preposterous that may seem.

I would say the evidence is contrary to wanting success for us or a return to the premiership, and you need to build a hypothesis that best fits the known facts. Selling off our best players and not employing Shearer (who would immediately increase gate receipt if nothing else) makes no sense to me, except in the context he wants to piss us off and ultimately destroy the club, however preposterous that may seem.

Maybe he's evil. An alternative theory is he's had severe cashflow problems, tried to flog the club and failed because he's too greedy/proud to accept a realistic price, and is now back for another go having fucked over any chance of us getting back to the prem due to his dithering. Who knows.