Anyone on Orange?

Besty

If you're on Orange and have been for over 2 months (I think) you can cancel your contract with no qualms because of the price changes about to take effect. I've just rang up and cancelled no problems, they even offered to lower my bill by £5 a month so even if you're not actually going to cancel it's worth ringing up.

Looking for a new phone now like, could do with a hand! That new google phone looks decent, the G2. Was looking at the HTC phones as well, dunno if they're any good? Anyone got any reccomendations?

following I think it was craigs recommendation a while ago I got the Sony eric C905 and I'm still really happy with it

it depends what you want from it though, I was after a good camera phone and thats exactly what it is

I'm with Orange. £40 per-month on an 18 month contract, which ends beginning of Sept this year.

I'm off to Uni full time, so I'll be looking for part time work in having to come away from my full time job so I'll have to either cancel it or get it down to about a fiver like you say...

Best thing about Orange was the 2-4-1 deals... other than that I can't remember them being anything but a pain in the arse.

Been on too them. She tried to worm her way out of it, but I garbled some bullshit about statutory rights and money saving expert.com and she then said 'ah yes you were sent the text on the 21st', I wasn't.

Could have cancelled but opted for £15.50 off my bill every month and an extra 200 x network minutes.

RESULT!

Edited by Wacky Jnr

If you're on Orange and have been for over 2 months (I think) you can cancel your contract with no qualms because of the price changes about to take effect. I've just rang up and cancelled no problems, they even offered to lower my bill by £5 a month so even if you're not actually going to cancel it's worth ringing up.

Looking for a new phone now like, could do with a hand! That new google phone looks decent, the G2. Was looking at the HTC phones as well, dunno if they're any good? Anyone got any reccomendations?

Got myself the HTC Magic (the second Google phone) and can have no complaints. A great phone that does the job and does it well!]

EDIT: Also just heard that a friend of mine got the same deal as mine (600 mins, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Internet) for just £20 a month on Vodafone if you fancy it. Free phone as well.

Edited by Nyff

On Orange at the moment, 400 mins and unlimited texts for £25 a month I know they've put there price plan up but ive been with them for 5 years and have had nothing but impeccable service. I won't be changing :(

Might give them a phone and see if they want to give me a new phone.. I.E the new HTC Hero with googles android.

As above I've been with them for two years no problem.

IPhone

Too expensive!

Might go for that google phone like for that price!

£35 a month and you get an iPhone :(

What you get with it though?

A 24 month contract and the most basic of the Iphones. Get plenty of texts and free minutes though.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/paymonth.html

I looked into it in March. 24 months is an obscenely long contract.

IPhone

Too expensive!

A 24 month contract and the most basic of the Iphones. Get plenty of texts and free minutes though.

Not the most basic. It's the new generation, but not the uber one.

It's still worth it imo.

I've never understood why people tweak out about 18 or 24 month contracts when, given evidence from this site alone, people don't seem to habitually change their tarriff every year anyway.

IPhone

Too expensive!

It's still worth it imo.

I've never understood why people tweak out about 18 or 24 month contracts when, given evidence from this site alone, people don't seem to habitually change their tarriff every year anyway.

It's the most basic one the offer as a new phone. The problem I have with the 18 and 24 month contracts is that it puts all the power with the company. After 12 months I was always able to negotiate a better tarriff and/or a better phone. Sometimes knocking upto a fiver a month off. Now that adds up over the extra 6 or 12 months if you take the longer contracts. Plus i've never had a phone that wasn't getting tatty or having some faults by the time it got to the 12 month point.

But since 02 are hammering the 18 and 24 month contracts, not to mention holding people to ransom with the Iphone I've gone for Simplicity until things calm back down and bought my own phone. The iphone looks like a good bit of kit but not worth the £800 + you'd pay over 24 months. Plus due to it only having 8 gigs it wouldn't replace my ipod. Which is full at 30 gigs.

IPhone

Too expensive!

It's still worth it imo.

Because with a 24 months contract you're obviously tied in for longer (so paying more) and stuck with a phone you might not like, and which for 12 months won't even be covered by the manufacturer's warranty? With a shorter contract you can also upgrade quicker and sell your old phone for some money to cover a few months tariff.

IPhone

Too expensive!

It's still worth it imo.

It's the most basic one the offer as a new phone. The problem I have with the 18 and 24 month contracts is that it puts all the power with the company. After 12 months I was always able to negotiate a better tarriff and/or a better phone. Sometimes knocking upto a fiver a month off. Now that adds up over the extra 6 or 12 months if you take the longer contracts. Plus i've never had a phone that wasn't getting tatty or having some faults by the time it got to the 12 month point.

But since 02 are hammering the 18 and 24 month contracts, not to mention holding people to ransom with the Iphone I've gone for Simplicity until things calm back down and bought my own phone. The iphone looks like a good bit of kit but not worth the £800 + you'd pay over 24 months. Plus due to it only having 8 gigs it wouldn't replace my ipod. Which is full at 30 gigs.

I'm hacked off with contracts but really want to keep my number. Is there any way of tranferring it to a pay as you go deal?

Hog,

Fair enough, I've never been arsed about being stuck with a phone I don't like, I normally think these kinds of things through before I make the commitment :nufc:

Re: paying more, I understand that, but if I'm happy to pay £35 a month for that phone with that service, then I don't see theproblem. That phone with that service is worth the £35 a month that I'm paying so... meh :(

fwiw this phone is the tits, the service I'm receiving is great too.

IPhone

Too expensive!

It's still worth it imo.

I'm hacked off with contracts but really want to keep my number. Is there any way of tranferring it to a pay as you go deal?

I'm not sure you can take you number with you to PAYG but the rolling one month contracts might be worth a punt. That's what I did with 02, I went from their 12 month one to the Simplicity tarriff. Basically you can give them a months notice at any time. But because they're not subsiding a phone you can get it much cheaper. T-Mobile and 02 do them.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phon...rd/pay-monthly/

Hog,

Fair enough, I've never been arsed about being stuck with a phone I don't like, I normally think these kinds of things through before I make the commitment :nufc:

Re: paying more, I understand that, but if I'm happy to pay £35 a month for that phone with that service, then I don't see theproblem. That phone with that service is worth the £35 a month that I'm paying so... meh :(

fwiw this phone is the tits, the service I'm receiving is great too.

Nowt personal Fishster, just that I've seen loads of people banging on about the Iphone like it's a baragin. But when I looked into it I didn't see it that way. But it sounds like you're more than happy with it so fair play.