This alleged ''financial meltdown'' malarkey.......

accadacca

is an invention of the media to sell papers.

Look at it logically.

The drop in income from Sky is just over £23m - £22m from Sky in this country and £12m for overseas rights, less the parachute payment of £11m = £23m.

Season ticket sales are already at 25,000 x average of £550 = £14m with the prospect of another 10,000 being sold when Shearer is appointed which he will be. There's another £5.5 m. Add to that match day walk in sales - away fans of all teams that play us on a Saturday will want to come plus our own fans - say another 5,000 @ £30 = £150k per game x 23 = approx £4m

Northern Rock sponsorship was front end loaded so doesn't come in to play but match day sponsorship, entertainment, box sales etc will bring in the thick end of £10m - possibly more.

Merchandising {not the new away top - have still to see one worn on the streets} another £5m.

Turnover will be a minimum of £48m at present, but will increase at least 30% when things are sorted.

This alleged £65m wage bill is a load of bollocks - do the sums yourselves - list the 19 recognised 1st teamers still here, est' the wages which are between £5k per week for Bassong and £70k per week for Colo, Duff and Spiderboy - its nowhere near £65m, nowhere near.

There is a fiendish plot going on to undermine the club and and it won't work.

Don't believe everything the media tells you - financial meltdown my arse.

I would be surprised if you had seen the yellow shirt on the streets, since it hasn't been on sale.

Buying one just as soon as I get home. Trend setter <_< Be excellent for cycling in anarl, no need for a hi vis jacket!

So you say that the turnover will now be £48mill.

well if you look at the last accounts of Newcastle, i remember total salaries were around £70mill.

Owen & a few others have left so lets say the wage bill is down to £60m (rather than the £65 mill being quoted).

so turnover of £48m, payroll of £60m.

seeing that the generally accepted wage/turnover figure is 60%, the salary bill needs to be reduced to around £29mill.

that means the wage bill needs to come down by £31mill, which is a decrease of over 50%.

now that looks bad, bad, bad to me.

Colo's on around £70k, Xisco around £50k- that should give you an indication of the state of the wage bill. Any player coming from Spain has to get a massive rise due to the different tax systems.

Look at it logically.

The drop in income from Sky is just over £23m - £22m from Sky in this country and £12m for overseas rights, less the parachute payment of £11m = £23m.

Season ticket sales are already at 25,000 x average of £550 = £14m with the prospect of another 10,000 being sold when Shearer is appointed which he will be. There's another £5.5 m. Add to that match day walk in sales - away fans of all teams that play us on a Saturday will want to come plus our own fans - say another 5,000 @ £30 = £150k per game x 23 = approx £4m

Northern Rock sponsorship was front end loaded so doesn't come in to play but match day sponsorship, entertainment, box sales etc will bring in the thick end of £10m - possibly more.

Merchandising {not the new away top - have still to see one worn on the streets} another £5m.

Turnover will be a minimum of £48m at present, but will increase at least 30% when things are sorted.

This alleged £65m wage bill is a load of bollocks - do the sums yourselves - list the 19 recognised 1st teamers still here, est' the wages which are between £5k per week for Bassong and £70k per week for Colo, Duff and Spiderboy - its nowhere near £65m, nowhere near.

As much as I'd like this to be true sadly it doesn't work out like that, just doing some simple sums for what the current numbered squad gets paid brings the wage figure up to roughly £45m, that's before the youth team, un-numbered reserves and non playing staff and management/board are paid.

The whole mess is down to Ashley getting us relegated, regardless of what figures the previous board put in place we were okay until we dropped out of the Prem. Basically we need a new owner to come in soon otherwise things will just get worse and worse because Ashley can't/won't maintain the squad as it is and certainly won't invest any money in to getting new players once he's attempts to lighten the wage bill by selling off our big earners.

We're fucked and need a miracle.

Look at it logically.

As much as I'd like this to be true sadly it doesn't work out like that, just doing some simple sums for what the current numbered squad gets paid brings the wage figure up to roughly £45m, that's before the youth team, un-numbered reserves and non playing staff and management/board are paid.

The whole mess is down to Ashley getting us relegated, regardless of what figures the previous board put in place we were okay until we dropped out of the Prem. Basically we need a new owner to come in soon otherwise things will just get worse and worse because Ashley can't/won't maintain the squad as it is and certainly won't invest any money in to getting new players once he's attempts to lighten the wage bill by selling off our big earners.

A miracle will come. <_<

Look at it logically.

A miracle will come. <_<

Back to your 'Stay Frosty' self then bud? :omgwank:

Look at it logically.

A miracle will come. <_<

Back to your 'Stay Frosty' self then bud? :omgwank:

Yup, I'm sick of the moping. :ph34r:

Have you cunts seen their wage slips??? No one knows definitively what they earn.

QFT. I don't think you can accurately work out owt to do with the finances because we haven't got access to the books. For all we know, Jonas could be on 25k and free school dinners.

Have you cunts seen their wage slips??? No one knows definitively what they earn.

QFT. I don't think you can accurately work out owt to do with the finances because we haven't got access to the books. For all we know, Jonas could be on 25k and free school dinners.

Nothing's 100%, just roughly estimating based on previously mentioned figures. I'm not saying any of it's gospel but it gives an idea of how the wage bill could exceed £65m with reasonable ease (and bear in mind we've overpaid players in the past for doing very little).

Guest Stevie

I know someone who has seen the wage bill.

Who?