did anyone think it would come to this?

Dr Gloom

less than 3 weeks until the start of the season and still no sign of a new owner, a new manager or any new players.

even if a deal does go through soon - and there's no sign that it will - at this rate we will be lucky to have any kind of pre-season in before the championship kicks off.

had a sale been wrapped up earlier in the summer me might have been able to plan for a promotion push. as long as things stay as they are, i'll be more worried about relegation to league 1. absolute nightmare scenario is ashley still being in charge when the transfer window closes.

the most depressing thing is the natural pessimist in me saw it all coming.

less than 3 weeks until the start of the season and still no sign of a new owner, a new manager or any new players.

even if a deal does go through soon - and there's no sign that it will - at this rate we will be lucky to have any kind of pre-season in before the championship kicks off.

had a sale been wrapped up earlier in the summer me might have been able to plan for a promotion push. as long as things stay as they are, i'll be more worried about relegation to league 1. absolute nightmare scenario is ashley still being in charge when the transfer window closes.

You must be in your element.

This.

WKL gleefully dancing on the grave before it's even been filled in:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...mbargo-takeover

Louise Taylor guardian.co.uk, Friday 17 July 2009 13.17 BST

Newcastle United are doing nothing to reduce their £65m annual wage bill and have taken the extraordinary step of placing an embargo on any transfers until the managerless Championship club is sold.

Considering that sources close to on-going efforts to sell Newcastle have indicated that Mike Ashley, the owner, may not find a buyer this summer, this represents a high-risk strategy. Even if Ashley does succeed in this ambition, the most optimistic estimates gauge a takeover to be around a month away – in other words perilously close to the closure of the summer transfer window.

"There will be no players coming or going until the takeover has been completed," said a senior Newcastle source. "There will not be a firesale and it is up to the new owners and manager to decide who comes and who goes.

"The transfer market does not really get going until August and Newcastle will not be doing any business until a buyer has been found. It is all on hold."

Alex Black, the agent of Alan Smith, who is coveted by Blackburn Rovers, has already experienced this policy in action. "Newcastle United have put a sort of embargo on players moving in or out of the club until the situation is resolved in terms of ownership," explained Black. "So what can you do until that is sorted out? It is in Newcastle's hands."

Up to seven senior players are threatening to challenge this embargo by sumbitting written transfer requests early next week if Alan Shearer has not been installed as Newcastle's manager.

Shearer remains "completely in the dark" about events at St James' Park and is deeply concerned that Newcastle are missing out on opportunities to both offload players unsuited to the rigours of the Championship and recruit those possessing the pace and toughness required during the impending

"unnamed source" blah blah blah......but is Ashley trying to force the players into a corner to try and get them to hand transfer requests in so he doesn't have to pay their contracts up? :D

oh yeah, i'm loving it :D

After the utter shambles provided by the fat twat I had no illusions that we would have an easy close season. He has outdone himself though IMO.

that's what i'm saying. i assumed even he couldn't be this stupid and it would be sorted by now but that was based on common sense rather than what we've seen so far from ashley. deep down, i suspected he would let it come to this. i'm shitting myself about this new season.

Was it the end of this week that the sale was supposed to go through? Or am I getting my weeks mixed up?

Now many days are there in a Llambias week? :D