Couple of NUSc bits

peasepud

Firstly, we are running a petition (which I believe is going to be supported by Lee Ryder in the Ronnie later (famous last words there!)) to show that we are all behind the sale of the club and to try and show how important it is to the fans that this is sorted sooner rather than later.

http://www.nusc.org.uk/petition.php

secondly, its another roadshow tonight, this time at Alan Foggons pub (The Simonside Arms) in South Shields. Further info can be found at http://nusc.org.uk/event_information.php?event=16

I've signed the petition, not quite sure what the point of it is though.

Evil prospers when Good Men do nothing....

...... or summat

"Cry havoc and slip the dogs of war etc..."

I've signed the petition, not quite sure what the point of it is though.

Evil prospers when Good Men do nothing....

...... or summat

"Cry havoc and slip the dogs of war etc..."

"BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!"

Pud, I'd suggest you advertise both the petition and the roadshow on facebook asap

Fish,

Great idea 6 hours ago :D

Well considering the amount of time I spend on the thing, I've not seen owt :icon_lol:

Just got home from the NUSC gathering in South Shields and wanted to post my thoughts...

1. Colin Whittle (sorry if the spelling is wrong) seems to be an absolute legend in the making. Fantastic speaker and exactly who I'd want representing me.

2. Poor turnout. I reckon 50 people, tops (and 10 or 20 of those were there to put on the show). Lots of space for more. Something needs to be done to encourage more people to turn out for these things. Don't know if it's because it's a school night but it seemed like a lot of it was preaching to the converted.

3. John Gibson is class. Enjoyed his patter. I don't read the chronicle, but couldn't they push the NUSC more? When I mentioned it to my mate he suggested they need to remain impartial, but I thought they were supposed to represent their readership, not the club. Why can't they fully support the NUSC, especially now it has trust status? Do the NUSC advertise themselves in the chronicle? Couldn't they? If I'm mistaken and they are doing so already, then do the Gazette do so too?

4. I'm a bit shy so I don't pipe up in these things. The people leading this seemed to be open to debate with all fans, especially those not supportive of NUSC (and rightly so). In that vein, could the top brass not have accounts set up on every forum and have a stickied thread where they get an email notification about every post and can respond in person? PP does a fine job of responding to posts on here, but do other forums have like-minded advocates? The proposed meeting with naysayers was mentioned, but no-one actually said if they turned up or what the outcome was.

5. On the subject of naysaying forumers, the way I see it, forums have the fewest number of people that are probably the most well informed. The people that need to be encouraged to join are majority who don't indulge in such nerd like dedication. These can be reached only via the national and particularly the local print media, that should be the focus of any recruiting campaign imo.

6. The best way to attract members would be to have a box on your season ticket application saying "do you want to join the NUSC" and the cost gets covered in your season ticket. It would be a long term goal, but I'd hope it's the target.

I'm pissed now so I apologise if I've repeated myself in any of those points. I'll remember more later. But the main thing that struck me is that there's still less than 3% of fans who show up for games each week that have joined up. I know it's only been 9 months, but I can't see why any fan that pays £500+ for a season ticket hasn't paid the tenner to support this commendable endeavour. If you aren't a member, join up now!

Edited by Happy Face

Just got home from the NUSC gathering in South Shields and wanted to post my thoughts...

1. Colin Whittle (sorry if the spelling is wrong) seems to be an absolute legend in the making. Fantastic speaker and exactly who I'd want representing me.

2. Poor turnout. I reckon 50 people, tops (and 10 or 20 of those were there to put on the show). Lots of space for more. Something needs to be done to encourage more people to turn out for these things. Don't know if it's because it's a school night but it seemed like a lot of it was preaching to the converted.

3. John Gibson is class. Enjoyed his patter. I don't read the chronicle, but couldn't they push the NUSC more? When I mentioned it to my mate he suggested they need to remain impartial, but I thought they were supposed to represent their readership, not the club. Why can't they fully support the NUSC, especially now it has trust status? Do the NUSC advertise themselves in the chronicle? Couldn't they? If I'm mistaken and they are doing so already, then do the Gazette do so too?

4. I'm a bit shy so I don't pipe up in these things. The people leading this seemed to be open to debate with all fans, especially those not supportive of NUSC (and rightly so). In that vein, could the top brass not have accounts set up on every forum and have a stickied thread where they get an email notification about every post and can respond in person? PP does a fine job of responding to posts on here, but do other forums have like-minded advocates? The proposed meeting with naysayers was mentioned, but no-one actually said if they turned up or what the outcome was.

5. On the subject of naysaying forumers, the way I see it, forums have the fewest number of people that are probably the most well informed. The people that need to be encouraged to join are majority who don't indulge in such nerd like dedication. These can be reached only via the national and particularly the local print media, that should be the focus of any recruiting campaign imo.

6. The best way to attract members would be to have a box on your season ticket application saying "do you want to join the NUSC" and the cost gets covered in your season ticket. It would be a long term goal, but I'd hope it's the target.

I'm pissed now so I apologise if I've repeated myself in any of those points. I'll remember more later. But the main thing that struck me is that there's still less than 3% of fans who show up for games each week that have joined up. I know it's only been 9 months, but I can't see why any fan that pays £500+ for a season ticket hasn't paid the tenner to support this commendable endeavour. If you aren't a member, join up now!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a good night, and I think the more roadshows we do, the better they get. Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that more didn't come, but again, the more we do, the more the word will spread. We put out a few posters and we're now rolling on Facebook and Twitter, so hopefully we can build up our followings on those and news of our roadshows will spread. But we do the roadshows so we can go out and speak to fans near where they live (as coming into town through the week isn't always ideal for a lot of people) and its a bit more intimate. But we were hoping for a few more.

Nevertheless, a good night and Gibbo is great craic. We've got Ando next week in Blakelaw and he's great as well.

And that was DEFINITELY John Cornwell in the pic quiz!

Another roadshow tomorrow, this time at Blakelaw Social Club, Blakelaw (funnily enough), NE5 3SW.

On the bill is the usual fare as elegantly described by HF following last weeks show however our guest speaker this time is John Anderson (who is desperate to meet Tom and who me and my mates used to have a knock about in the car park behind his house back when I was a nipper!).

It all starts at 7.30, theres loads of drink (not free), seats (free), a quiz with some serious* prizes and most importantly a chance to catch up with everything thats happening both with the SC and the Trust work.

when I say, serious I mean seriously average <_<