Restaurants in Newcastle

The Fish

This is the longest 'I had dinner with a girl wink wink' post ive ever read!

Fair enough, it's not like you're one to brag, is it?

Er no, not really :D Any particular posts come to mind? I think its a bit of a myth on here tbh, perpetuated by people who brag like Fish and try to deflect it onto people who dont, like me :icon_lol:

Off the top of my head there's the 'ooh look at my decking', the 'ooh I'm getting married' and the 'ooh, anyone know anything about insuring the very expensive engagement ring I bought my lass recently'. I'm sure there's a few more though :razz:

1 - I feel sorry for you if you find decking something to brag about :icon_lol:

2 - Ive been getting married for nearly 2 years. The fact that no-one on here knew about it probably goes to show how little ive mentioned it. Coupled with the fact that I could find 20 posts on here off people announcing they are getting married and that isnt viewed as bragging just proves the point in my original post

3 - That was a genuine question, and tbh its at the cheaper end of the scale for engagement rings so once again, not really something to brag about.

Im so misunderstood on here :icon_lol: Honestly, if Gemmil, Happy, Parky had posted any of those messages it wouldnt enter anyones head to think they were bragging. Merely using a message board in the manner for which it was intended!

Aye but you're an above average-sized cock.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er no, not really :D Any particular posts come to mind? I think its a bit of a myth on here tbh, perpetuated by people who brag like Fish and try to deflect it onto people who dont, like me :icon_lol:

Off the top of my head there's the 'ooh look at my decking', the 'ooh I'm getting married' and the 'ooh, anyone know anything about insuring the very expensive engagement ring I bought my lass recently'. I'm sure there's a few more though :icon_lol:

2 - Ive been getting married for nearly 2 years. The fact that no-one on here knew about it probably goes to show how little ive mentioned it. Coupled with the fact that I could find 20 posts on here off people announcing they are getting married and that isnt viewed as bragging just proves the point in my original post

3 - That was a genuine question, and tbh its at the cheaper end of the scale for engagement rings so once again, not really something to brag about.

Im so misunderstood on here :icon_lol: Honestly, if Gemmil, Happy, Parky had posted any of those messages it wouldnt enter anyones head to think they were bragging. Merely using a message board in the manner for which it was intended!

Me?

Brag?

:razz:

The very idea!

Suck on my 120GB noob.

Cheap engagement rings, hired suits...

Tight bastard tbh :D

I don't really get why folk feel it necessary to blow so much cash on one day?( not a dig at you KD, just a general observation.)

My wedding was as cheap as chips, we had a great time, and didn't begin our married life saddled with debt.

Off the top of my head there's the 'ooh look at my decking', the 'ooh I'm getting married' and the 'ooh, anyone know anything about insuring the very expensive engagement ring I bought my lass recently'. I'm sure there's a few more though :icon_lol:

Aye but you're an above average-sized cock.

What, Me!? Lets be honest, im a bit of a legend and if I wanted to brag there wouldnt be a shortage of material :razz:

Tight bastard tbh :icon_lol:

I don't really get why folk feel it necessary to blow so much cash on one day?( not a dig at you KD, just a general observation.)

My wedding was as cheap as chips, we had a great time, and didn't begin our married life saddled with debt.-

:D

Thing is KD, if I post anything, anything it's standard practise for someone to claim I'm bragging or whatever. I don't really care, but to complain about my "bragging" when really I was just talking about a restaurant.. is pretty pathetic wummery.

and you're a cock.

Tight bastard tbh :icon_lol:

My wedding was as cheap as chips, we had a great time, and didn't begin our married life saddled with debt.-

:D

That was 10 years ago- crippled now! :icon_lol::razz:

My wedding was as cheap as chips, we had a great time, and didn't begin our married life saddled with debt.

I watched that new wedding show on living (in the hope that it would be as good as come dine with me...it wasn't) and some daftees claimed to be spending £77K on their wedding.

Disgusting.

Thing is KD, if I post anything, anything it's standard practise for someone to claim I'm bragging or whatever. I don't really care, but to complain about my "bragging" when really I was just talking about a restaurant.. is pretty pathetic wummery.

and you're a cock.

Pathetic in that it worked a treat?? :D

I don't really get why folk feel it necessary to get hitched :D

Thats a whoooole other thread! I suspect 90% of it is down to women wanting to get married and men not wanting to argue about not getting married for the next 50 years

Everyone who posts on an internet messageboard is an incurable attention-seeker.

And that wedding show is a bit cack, aye. Although getting married in a cave was a canny idea. :D

I used to live next door to Blackfriars in 1995, I only really remember it being a kind of glorified tea room in those days. Always thought it had fabulous potential though.

I'm a bit out of date on restaurants in the Toon these days, but if anyone wants a steer on where to go to eat in Manchester, I'm your man

Thats a whoooole other thread! I suspect 90% of it is down to women wanting to get married and men not wanting to argue about not getting married for the next 50 years

You're probably right there. If wor lass had wanted to, I'd probably have done it by now, but she doesn't see the point either.

I watched that new wedding show on living (in the hope that it would be as good as come dine with me...it wasn't) and some daftees claimed to be spending £77K on their wedding.

Disgusting.

'Tis

Most weddings I've been to are like Groundhog Day- different location, same old shit. By the end, the bride and groom are invariably knackered/arseholed/divorced.

Me and Mrs Fist were sat by a waterfall, on our own, by 5:00 pm on our day. family and friends had the party without us.

One of the most extravagant weddings I went too, the marriage lasted less than 6 months as the debt tore them to shreds.

I used to live next door to Blackfriars in 1995, I only really remember it being a kind of glorified tea room in those days. Always thought it had fabulous potential though.

I'm a bit out of date on restaurants in the Toon these days, but if anyone wants a steer on where to go to eat in Manchester, I'm your man

They serve Steer in Manchester? Where where where?

They serve Steer in Manchester? Where where where?

Gaucho Grill :D

Disgusting.

'Tis

Most weddings I've been to are like Groundhog Day- different location, same old shit. By the end, the bride and groom are invariably knackered/arseholed/divorced.

Me and Mrs Fist were sat by a waterfall, on our own, by 5:00 pm on our day. family and friends had the party without us.

One of the most extravagant weddings I went too, the marriage lasted less than 6 months as the debt tore them to shreds.

Weve agreed to go 3rds on everything with both sets of parents. £5k each should make for a decent day hopfully

Disgusting.

'Tis

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=631864

Can't disagree with that.

There's the argument that marriage has become less of a binding contract, which to break was a huge social taboo. Now to some, it's almost a fashion statement, or just an excuse for a piss-up.

I'm not bothered about it at all and will only go through the whole polava if she wants it (whoever "she" turns out to be). I'd imagine the much vaunted "Tax benefits" would not actually be of much benefit, in the long run.

I'm not anti-marriage per se, I'm just not pro enough to get into crippling debt.

Of course, this might all change and I'm not foolish enough to say that I will never get married. I just don't think it'll be my idea :icon_lol:

Disgusting.

'Tis

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=631864

That's the style Man! :icon_lol: