Alan Carr

Ayatollah Hermione

Who give this man a show? As bad as Michael McIntyre is, this bloke is ten times worse. The whole thing is totally bland as well; crap jokes about the news, crap guests, The Pet Shop Boys.

I assumed it was ITV but it's Channel 4. Makes you wish for Peep Show back tbh

He should stick to being a stand up. His tooth fairy show was really good but his talk shows are a bit crap.

I thought his new series was going to be in the style of the advert where hes got his head on a little kids body. Would have been funnier

I think he appeals to the same folk who like Graham Norton. His "material" relies on raising an eyebrow and pursing his lips after saying the most banal innuendo. It's easy and boring and only possible to pull off (ooer missus) if delivered with an exuberance of camp. It's not particularly clever and it's not particularly new, it's just digestable for the mass-idiot-market.

People who like either of them, think that they're being risqué, but they're not, they're being twats.

I think he appeals to the same folk who like Graham Norton. His "material" relies on raising an eyebrow and pursing his lips after saying the most banal innuendo. It's easy and boring and only possible to pull off (ooer missus) if delivered with an exuberance of camp. It's not particularly clever and it's not particularly new, it's just digestable for the mass-idiot-market.

People who like either of them, think that they're being risqué, but they're not, they're being twats.

His stand up (which i'm a fan of) has little to do with innuendo and he doesn't rely on that at all. Its more about his life, his childhood and observations on current culture and the like. Obviously delivered in a camp style because that's who he is, but you could do most of his stand up material straight as it were.

Anyway there's nothing wrong with people doing innuendos and being risque, doesn't mean you're a twat! And Norton on his chat shows has got big stars saying and doing things they wouldn't dream of on other chat shows, some of the biggest U.S celebs have really come out their shells on his show and revealled their true senses of humour and personality rather than the usual, come across as pretty dull and safe in other formats which is refreshing.

Course I've seen it. Perhaps I've over-stated his predeliction to double entendre, but you have to see that he does use it alot. Certainly more than I find funny. fwiw I didn't mean he's got exactly the same delivery as Norton, just that a lot of their humour is innuendo.

Norton excells as an interviewer, He does bring stars out of their shell with his dissarming charm and unabashed michief. However, I am talking about Nortons stand-up, which is about bums, tits and willies.

If you like it, fair does, I just find it staid, obvious and juvenile.

The odd bit of smut is fine and fair enough, I just couldn't sit through an hour of it.

Course I've seen it. Perhaps I've over-stated his predeliction to double entendre, but you have to see that he does use it alot. Certainly more than I find funny. fwiw I didn't mean he's got exactly the same delivery as Norton, just that a lot of their humour is innuendo.

Norton excells as an interviewer, He does bring stars out of their shell with his dissarming charm and unabashed michief. However, I am talking about Nortons stand-up, which is about bums, tits and willies.

If you like it, fair does, I just find it staid, obvious and juvenile.

The odd bit of smut is fine and fair enough, I just couldn't sit through an hour of it.

To be honest i haven't really seen Norton's stand up, i've seen the odd bit here and there and suspect i wouldn't be a big fan to be fair, but he works well on the chat show and of course turned in a top performance as Father Noel Furlong in Father Ted!