'UK Economy the best in europe'

snakehips

for far too long teachers in the UK have got away with turning out people who can neither read nor write - I think a short sharp shock to them is in order - lets say fire the bottom 5% of performers???

what a daft statement!! whos to say the replacements would be any better!! I'd rather have experienced shit than inexperienced shit!! oh, and i'm not mentioning class sizes etc.. FFS!!

and also, dont blame the teachers for all the ills. both present and past governments have constantly fucked about with the system for years and its difficult to take on a 12 yr project (education of a child) if the goalposts are being constantly moved!!

lastly, remember, its almost impossible to educate someone who doesnt want to be educated. no discipline left in schools now so you cant force children if they dont want to learn!!

back to the thread - BEST IN EUROPE!!!! YOU'RE HAVING A F*CKING LAUGH AINT YA!!!!!!

Think he probably knows that and is just on the wind-up. He keeps 'turning out' that post at regular interval. He's even done it twice in succession above :o

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lastly, remember, its almost impossible to educate someone who doesnt want to be educated. no discipline left in schools now so you cant force children if they dont want to learn!!

There's that data about serious assaults on teachers by pupils, that perfectly matches the withdrawal of discipling from schools in the UK over the years.

Much like chimps (in fact exactly like chimps), if allowed to run riot they do run riot and turn into pretty dysfunctional adults as well.

There's that data about serious assaults on teachers by pupils, that perfectly matches the withdrawal of discipling from schools in the UK over the years.

Much like chimps (in fact exactly like chimps), if allowed to run riot they do run riot and turn into pretty dysfunctional adults as well.

Spot on!

I knew Fop would advocate capital punishment for sloppy presentation and no evidence of working out. Take em out back and shoot, he'll say.

I knew Fop would advocate capital punishment for sloppy presentation and no evidence of working out. Take em out back and shoot, he'll say.

It's still completely true though, and you can study the same thing in chimps (and the solution in chimps is very simple).

Not entirely sure capital punishment is the best idea :o (it probably would be quite effective though ;)), but clearly moving in the direction of basically allowing a child to seriously assault a teacher and pretty much get away with it, isn't working that well.

Another notable thing with the data is not just that behaviour is getting worse (and more serious), but that it's happening in younger and younger children.

I think we'd be better off if Teachers weren't hamstrung by fear of litigation and reprisals. I'm only 27 but I remember how the old-skool teachers were far more strict, but equally garnered far more respect. I hate to think what kids get away with in the classroom today.

It was the teachers that tried to be your friend that provided the easiest prey, the ones who (quite rightly) dictated the rules of the classroom then stuck to them who were the teachers who managed to get the best out of the kids.

Problem is they don't even report assaults all the time because the head is more concerned about the figures looking good than what the actually class room situation is / staff morale, etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8137424.stm

The article admits that every single economic indicator is worse than expected (largely because the people making the forecasts are utter retards), but the headline still proclaims "the worst is over". I love the BBC. :lol:

Unbiased reporting from the British Broadcasting Communists there!!! :razz:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stevie

I must say like in the construction industry there are FUCK ALL signs that things are getting better, or indeed will get better, the opposite is true! Public sector stuff is the only thing keeping many people going at the minute :jesuswept:

The Beeb again.

Today's headline reads: House prices 'to recover slowly'.

But then the first paragraph reads: "House prices in England will fall this year and next before recovering, the National Housing Federation forecasts."

So not so much a slow recovery as... a continued and protracted slump for at least the next 18 months, then?

I'd seriously love to know what the BBC's vested interest is in making things seem rosier than they actually are.