Don't Forget

Monkeys Fist

All three local councillors here are Green. :icon_lol:

I voted along party lines (i.e. Lib Dem) for once, since it's only the Europeans. Couldn't bring myself to do it last time round (London mayor/assembly) so I imagine another defection and they'd confiscate my membership card.

Discussing the election at work here....and there's a lass who doesn't know the difference between the green party and the BNP.

She has a degree.

:icon_lol:

The low turnout could be a blessing tbh.

Who did you vote for?

I voted for the green party. :icon_lol:

As good as spoiling my ballot.

Not really, it's PR and they already had two MEPs iirc. I fucking hate the Greens like, they're a bunch of dogmatic crettins who haven't got a clue.

:rolleyes:

Quite an "authoritative, arrogant assertion of an unproveable principle" there buddy....almost dogmatic. :icon_lol:

Perhaps, but as an example, their objection to nuclear power no matter what is laughable.

My mate voted UKIP as a protest against to the expenses scandal. Pity then he voted for the most corrupt party going, the tit.

Discussing the election at work here....and there's a lass who doesn't know the difference between the green party and the BNP.

She has a degree.

That type of ignorance infuriates me :icon_lol:

I bet she's a Big Brother watching cretin too.

She has a degree.

Nice to see both the BNP and the NF on the list. I was spoilt for choice.

Who did you vote for?

I voted for the green party. :rolleyes:

As good as spoiling my ballot.

Not really, it's PR and they already had two MEPs iirc. I fucking hate the Greens like, they're a bunch of dogmatic crettins who haven't got a clue.

<_<

Quite an "authoritative, arrogant assertion of an unproveable principle" there buddy....almost dogmatic. :icon_lol:

Perhaps, but as an example, their objection to nuclear power no matter what is laughable.

Perhaps, but every party has policies I find similarly outlandish. labour's policy of illegally invading foreign countries and supporting the killing of hundreds of thousands for example. Or the conservative fiscal policy of fixing the economy by slagging off Gordon Brown.

Swings and roundabouts. :icon_lol:

Anyone who agrees with 100% of a party's policies is an idiot though, and clearly incapable of thinking in shades of grey. I never felt better about a vote I've made to tell the truth though. I've never voted so ridiculously idealistically before and I had a smile on my face as I left the polling station. It was nice not to have a vote tainted by being for the lesser of 2 (or 3) evils.

Just imagine if voting was compulsory like in some countries.

it absolutely should be :icon_lol:

No, it shouldn't. In fact, you should have to pass a test before you're allowed to vote.

No, it shouldn't. In fact, you should have to pass a test before you're allowed to vote.

It should be mandatory, but if you vote for the wrong person you should be electrocuted on the spot, rendering you sterile.

It should be mandatory, but if you vote for the wrong person you should be electrocuted on the spot, rendering you sterile.

I think they tried this approach in Zimbabwe.

Looks like a alot of people followed my lead and went Green.

They've made the biggest gains (2.4%) of any party in the MEP elections...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elec...gion_999999.stm

It's pretty funny to hear how over the moon the conservatives are when they could only gain an extra 1% despite the complete collapse of the economy and implosion of the labour party.