FIFA 10

Jimbo

Rate FIFA 10 out of err 10...  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so hows everyones virtual pro coming along?

I have got 39% of the accomplishments so far, the defence ones are too picky about how to get them IMO much harder to get them than the others especially the ones that require you to be a defender to get them which none of the other categories ask for (ie being a particular position)

that said here are my stats (form included)

ball skils - 80

defence - 62

mental - 75

passing - 85

physical - 78

shooting - 76

I've played 62 matches and scored 20 goals mostly from CM

• 2 weeks later...

When you choose a quick match and the automatically selected kits clash (with Newcastle-Sunderland for example) is there any kind of work-around for it?

I could just use friendly all the time instead, but it is handy to have an opponent randomly selected for me.

My VP has about 52% of the achievements. Mainly played him as a striker, so I have most of the shooting ones, which doesn't bear well now that I've moved him to a LM/LW (everyone else plays striker online, so thought I would play somewhere else). He's only 5ft something, so is almost completely reliant on pace to get past a player, but that seems to be working fine as I've been scoring and setting up goals for fun online.

Stats:

Ball Skills - 88

Defence - 43

Mental - 68

Passing - 78

Physical - 80

Shooting - 86

Also got the skilled dribbling and 'outside of foot' traits. Looking to work on my passing, but with my crossing at 82 and short passing at 80 I'm pretty much sorted for LM anyway. Most of the rest of my physical ones will just come from playing with him more in MM, so will do that to get his sprint speed up to 94 (which I think is the highest I can get it) and his acceleration at the same number to rip people apart on XBL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bought an xbox and this earlier

need to get used to these xbox controllers... prefer the playstation ones and using the dpad to run

you'll see sense soon enough ;)

360 pads are the best about (and ever) IMO

need to get used to these xbox controllers... prefer the playstation ones and using the dpad to run

I felt the same when I first bought the 360, was always a Playstation player then rather than Xbox.

you'll see sense soon enough ;)

360 pads are the best about (and ever) IMO

Except for fighting games.

so hows everyones virtual pro coming along?

I have got 39% of the accomplishments so far, the defence ones are too picky about how to get them IMO much harder to get them than the others especially the ones that require you to be a defender to get them which none of the other categories ask for (ie being a particular position)

that said here are my stats (form included)

ball skils - 80

defence - 62

mental - 75

passing - 85

physical - 78

shooting - 76

I've played 62 matches and scored 20 goals mostly from CM

if you're playing as a defender it's best to take control of the whole team (hit L3 at the main be a pro menu) as your pro will automatically be in a good position defensively all the time

Got promoted and won the FA Cup in my first season (Playing on World Class difficulty). Just at the start of my first season in the Premiership, and my lineup is as follows:

Harper

Raylor - Saylor - Collocini - Belhadj

Gutierrez - Diego Souza - Joe Ledly

Lovenkrands - Fred - Virtual Pro

Hopefully bringing in a new 'keeper, and then I just need to look out for some other players down the right. Other players I've bought are Jack Wilshere, Jozy Altidore anndd....think that's it.

• 2 weeks later...
Got promoted and won the FA Cup in my first season (Playing on World Class difficulty). Just at the start of my first season in the Premiership, and my lineup is as follows:

Harper

Hopefully bringing in a new 'keeper, and then I just need to look out for some other players down the right. Other players I've bought are Jack Wilshere, Jozy Altidore anndd....think that's it.

See thats my problem with Fifa. It's way too easy to buy players. Hopefully they make a game that combines Football Manager's transfer and player progression engine with FIFA's gameplay, but that will probably never happen

Harper

See thats my problem with Fifa. It's way too easy to buy players. Hopefully they make a game that combines Football Manager's transfer and player progression engine with FIFA's gameplay, but that will probably never happen

are you kidding? it was murderous trying to get decent players on mine, pretty much relied on regen players that my scout found for my seasons

I wouldn't say those signings are exactly out there other than maybe wilshere and thats not because hes such a great player now

change his position every so often, if you put him in centre mid he will become a lot more involved in matches

also make use of the arena stat boosts

Harper

are you kidding? it was murderous trying to get decent players on mine, pretty much relied on regen players that my scout found for my seasons

I wouldn't say those signings are exactly out there other than maybe wilshere and thats not because hes such a great player now

i suppose, to be honest I haven't played the manager mode on FIFA 10 yet. I know on 09 it was incredibly easy to get money and sign new players on frees and such. Like it was easy to take a league 2 team and bring them to the top of the premiership in 4 seasons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Urgh just got a major glitch in Manager Mode >_> Got the message that I didn't have a full squad to play, so I went to MM and didn't see anything wrong. Tried again, but same message. So I changed the team completely but still didn't work. Just had to forfeit the game, which meant getting knocked out of the CL, and losing a massive 22 Rep. points ang going from a 5 star manager to a 3 star one :s

What a piss take...

• 2 weeks later...

Finished career mode, so started a manager mode with NUFC.

Won promotion and finished top half in the PL, then won the league and went to Barca with my pro.

However, Barca were 2billion in debt! I couldn't get new staff or players in(flogged around 8players in an attempt to ease debt). I was 1st in the league, but got knocked out of the CL and got the bullet.

I signed for Athletico then, but same issue! an insane amount of debt, and crap fitness.

Anyone noticed/solved this?

Seems this is a glitch, and that every club I join will have -2billion. fml.

I got the wages into a healthy position, but it doesn't help the budget, so I'll have to start over.