Should we sign a proven Championship striker?

Park Life

The forward thinking board we have were two steps ahead of us and resigned Shola and Carroll, championshipstrikerstastic

Shola has resigned?

felt he'd acheived all he would?

Would fly over and carry Doyle from Reading to St James myself if there was a chance, but surely a Premier League team will be after him now that Reading failed to bounce right back up, a bunch of them were apparently after him last season.

Doyle isn't good enough for the PL imo. After his Marcus Stewart-like first season, the top flight goals dried-up.

He's quality in the Championship though.

Some pace, please. We've got none of that up top. Or anywhere else for that matter.

I'd be quite happy with a relatively immobile but experienced striker and someone in midfield with a bit of pace. A lot's made of how difficult it is to get out of the Championship, but a fairly simple approach and a couple of sensible buys should put paid to most of the bottom half at least. It's only if we rest on our laurels that we'll be screwed beyond belief.

Some pace, please. We've got none of that up top. Or anywhere else for that matter.

I'd be quite happy with a relatively immobile but experienced striker and someone in midfield with a bit of pace. A lot's made of how difficult it is to get out of the Championship, but a fairly simple approach and a couple of sensible buys should put paid to most of the bottom half at least. It's only if we rest on our laurels that we'll be screwed beyond belief.

Fair enough, if some of the kids are quite quick then them being on the bench would be ok. I just think we need other options, for when you need to run the time down. Having someone who can get on their bike would mean keeping the ball down in the opositions half. Especially when it's being mentioned of our strike force being Shola, Carroll and Ranger ast it stands. Not much movement there, quite similar (having said that I've not seen Ranger but I imagine he's a target man). Although I wouldn't say no to a experienced poacher, like you say.

Need some muscle in mf for the Championship.

Need some muscle in mf for the Championship.

I don't think so. The Premiership has moved on in the last 16 years but I don't think the Championship has at all. It's just how it was back then when we got promoted.

None of Rob Lee, Lee Clark, Liam O'Brien or Scott Sellars were muscle tbh. But every single one of them had their brains switched on. That's why we went up back then IMO and a midfield along those lines would be key again IMO. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Ched Evans from City would be my choice, he looked an absolute beast when he was on loan at Norwich, although it seems other clubs are sniffing round him.