N Korea sabre rattling

Rob W

For their Taepodong-2 's

He might think of crashing the cognac bottle on the button "I name this rocket "Good Leader - hic".....ssshould I have done tha'??"

They have been confirmed as having powerful fission weapons and medium range missiles perhaps capable of delivering them. And this is now, what will it be like 10 years down the line? What launch button indeed. :lol:

The thing about Bush's so-called axis of evil was it implied Iraq, Iran, and North Korea were somehow allied with each other which is patent nonsense, they are/were a heterogenous mix with completely different ambitions (also the 'evil' bit was a bit daft). But at the same time, if anyone is comfortable with Iran or North Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, then imo they are the clueless ones.

For their Taepodong-2 's

He might think of crashing the cognac bottle on the button "I name this rocket "Good Leader - hic".....ssshould I have done tha'??"

Rubbish.

hardly an incisive argument there my Elf-Friend......................

you may recollect that the Yanks were very worried about the Indian & Pakistan chains of command a few years back and I understand, spent some time telling them how to make sure a drunken lunatic at the top at least got time to sober up and think again...and they knew what they were talking about after all

They have been confirmed as having powerful fission weapons and medium range missiles perhaps capable of delivering them. And this is now, what will it be like 10 years down the line? What launch button indeed. :D

The thing about Bush's so-called axis of evil was it implied Iraq, Iran, and North Korea were somehow allied with each other which is patent nonsense, they are/were a heterogenous mix with completely different ambitions (also the 'evil' bit was a bit daft). But at the same time, if anyone is comfortable with Iran or North Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, then imo they are the clueless ones.

There is a link, a mister A. Q. Khan, a Pakistani who had given Pakistan their missiles, and had sold blueprints and materials to the others over many years. However, this was not part of any concerted plan between the states, and more about one man flogging nuclear know-how for profit.

Edited by Billy Castell

They have been confirmed as having powerful fission weapons and medium range missiles perhaps capable of delivering them. And this is now, what will it be like 10 years down the line? What launch button indeed. :D

There is a link, a mister A. Q. Khan, a Pakistani who had given Pakistan their missiles, and had sold blueprints and materials to the others over many years. However, this was not part of any concerted plan between the states, and more about one man flogging nuclear know-how for profit.

REALLY??

My understanding was there was a lot of "nudge nudge, wink wink " about A Q Khan's activities - he was doing deals all over the shop, importing all sorts of technology and raw materials AND NO-ONE KNEW................. amazing........................

Yep, that's what he was doing. He was heavily involved in Pakistan's nuclear efforts (I think), and was linked to Iraq's Iran's and Lybia's attempts to buy and develop nuclear weapon related stuff. He was the wheeler-dealer in the middle of it all. I think he had a Malaysian company that manufactured the equipment to enrich Uranium as part of his set up as well. Not sure whether he dealt with North Korea, but it wouldn't surprise me if say, the missiles are based on designs Khan flogged Kim Il Jong, which he had obtained from China or elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
North Korea said it will "weaponise" its plutonium stocks amid threats to take military action over United Nations sanctions, state media said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8098484.stm

Clearly nothing the west or Japan should be concerned about, let's leave them to it.

More good news for Parky in Iran too, with Ahmadinejad being re-elected.

Edited by Renton

Anyone ever thought of asking Rob how NK are actually a threat to world peace?

They historically think Japan are cunts. There was a thread I done on Newcastle Online about North Korea about three years ago showing you about 200 pictures of what life seems to be like there. 9pm street lights off tellies off fucking everything, it must be a shite life.

Reminds me of a story I was told by a mate of mine when he was debating North Korea with a slightly dense pal of his...

"Have you heard about North Korea?"

"Aye, must be a pretty shit place to live. Poverty, famine, no right to free speech...

"...And they've only got one TV channel!"

Meh that was one of the massive positives IF someone other than Dinnerjacket got elected in Iran, freeing up the media. It's actually something a lot of people in Iran want, but there's probably too many powerful factions to allow it to happen any time soon. B)

They historically think Japan are cunts. There was a thread I done on Newcastle Online about North Korea about three years ago showing you about 200 pictures of what life seems to be like there. 9pm street lights off tellies off fucking everything, it must be a shite life.

Reminds me of a story I was told by a mate of mine when he was debating North Korea with a slightly dense pal of his...

"Aye, must be a pretty shit place to live. Poverty, famine, no right to free speech...

Meh that was one of the massive positives IF someone other than Dinnerjacket got elected in Iran, freeing up the media. It's actually something a lot of people in Iran want, but there's probably too many powerful factions to allow it to happen any time soon. B)

stay on the thread..............

Meh that was one of the massive positives IF someone other than Dinnerjacket got elected in Iran, freeing up the media. It's actually something a lot of people in Iran want, but there's probably too many powerful factions to allow it to happen any time soon. :)

stay on the thread..............

Aye, because that's the one constant here isn't it. B)