Shearer's Post-Match Interview On Sky Sports

Tooj

He genuinely looks more gutted than anyone I saw at Villa Park today......fair play to him, truly one of us,if we must put up with Ashley for the foreseeable I hope Shearer is here for a long time as well :lol:

The thing I like about Shearer as a manager is that when he says something, he really means i and he tells it like it is. He doesnt shy away through soundbites and isnt scared to tell the public what is going wrong. I think he did well to restrain himself today as he was about to name and shame at one point. If he can identify the problems, he gets my vote for next season

Give. Him. Time.

He's the right man, who know's what makes a great manager, its an art not a science and you need character to lead people as well as humility. I think Shearer can make a great career for himself as a manager but he needs to spend some time learning. This season has been about experienced, long-lasting managers being successful, apart from Zola.

Give. Him. Time.

He's the right man, who know's what makes a great manager, its an art not a science and you need character to lead people as well as humility. I think Shearer can make a great career for himself as a manager but he needs to spend some time learning. This season has been about experienced, long-lasting managers being successful, apart from Zola.

Agree with this like - and Zola had a big squad of decent players.......and steve clark

The thing I like about Shearer as a manager is that when he says something, he really means i and he tells it like it is. He doesnt shy away through soundbites and isnt scared to tell the public what is going wrong. I think he did well to restrain himself today as he was about to name and shame at one point. If he can identify the problems, he gets my vote for next season

Exactly. He will tell Ashley and Llambias what he thinks of them and what they need to do to convince him to stay at this football club. Great to see him not looking for excuses - ''we're not good enough''. How true.

If he stays on and gets the money and freedom he wants we'll do OK.

Is it just me or is this the total oposite of what Shearer said in that SKY interview ??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...on-go-down.html

BetrayAl

By JANINE SELF

DISTRAUGHT Alan Shearer named and shamed Mike Ashley, Kevin Keegan and even himself as Newcastle crashed out of the Premier League.

The interim Toon boss will now consider his future after defeat at Aston Villa meant relegation.

Shearer groaned: “There are a lot of people at fault.

"I include myself, Joe Kinnear, Kevin Keegan, Chris Hughton and Mike Ashley.

"I came in expecting to turn things round. I take my share of the blame. It's a club I love.

"I can see what it means to the fans and I am hurting."

Shearer was recruited by club owner Ashley after Kinnear's heart surgery ruled him out of a comeback this season.

An own goal from Damien Duff sent Newcastle down in front of 5,000 Geordie fans at Villa Park.

Shearer, who won one match, added: "Everyone wants to know whether I'm staying but my eight-week stint is over and they haven't even asked me!

"I enjoyed going in every morning and the challenge that was thrown at you.

"One game I was feeling magnificent. A few more I was not feeling so magnificent. I can see why people say it's an addictive job.

"I will sit down with the owners and the chairman and will give them my opinion. I have not had time to sit down and think whether it's right for the football club for me to stay."

We have no idea just now if Alan Shearer will be a good manager or not. But I think that for better or worse, his time is now. It feels right. He should manage us from now, and be allowed to make the changes he thinks are right, sell and buy the players he thinks he should [the most crucial element to a manager].

Time will tell.

However if Mike Ashley fucks him around, like he did to Keegan, then he would be absolutely correct to tell him to fuck off just like Keegan did. I don't blame Keegan in the slightest for any of this, he was correct to do what he did. Ambition is everything when you are a big club. The manager must run the club, and if Ashley can't sell the club then giving Alan Shearer free reign to do as he wants is his absolutely last chance saloon.

But I already despise the bastard for turning us from an established top premiership club into what has happened today.

Give the cunt a kick in the cunt. She even gets paid for that.

When anything is on the wane it becomes more sensationlised as it tries harder and harder to survive.

I can't tell you the last time I bought a newspaper or even visited the website of one. They've resorted to stirring emotions rather than reporting the facts and like Talksport, pissing off football fans generally provides a reaction.

I don't read it any more, it's just another thing I tune out from my radar along with horse racing, reality tv and modern r'n'b. :lol: