ipod touch

tinofbeans

Chez, what's the Blackberry like? Is it better than the iPhone or not? Asking cos you have a Touch which is obviously similar.

Downloaded "Remote" today which is quality - allows you to control your iTunes on your computer from your phone. My computer's in another room but I use Airport to play it on speakers in the living room, and the only problem has been the inability to change songs, pause, skip, browse iTunes library etc. All of which I can now do from my iPhone.

If I was remotely sociable and the sort of person who allowed people to come to my house for parties etc, it has a handy function where you can "Request a song" to a playlist. So if you were foolish enough to invite people to your house, you could pass your phone round for people to create a playlist. Sounds like the sort of thing that happens on Apple commercials rather than real life though. :lol:

Good app though.

The new Blackberry models are meant to be canny, mine is quite old (2 years) so its literally to keep in touch with my email which is invaluable as i get about 80-100 a day. Dont use any other feature other than browser on the odd occasion.

That remote is good, use that quite a bit with the Touch. The best apps are the games anyway, i play poker loads on it.

By the way, do you know how to sync video to audio when you use airtunes? My french digital system (i've got sky too B) ) allows me to wirelessly connect to the TV so i can play dvds off my laptop. The audio doesnt sync with the picture though, as airfoil gives it a lag. (you need airfoil to use airtunes from other progs than iTunes).

Edited by ChezGiven

But if he's already contracted with his current phone he'd have to pay up to end it early, if they'll let him end it at all. Plus with the Iphone you're tied down to 02 for 18 or 24 months on their own tariff that you have no choice to take because, as of now, they are the only UK network that offers the Iphone.

If he's got 3 months left on his contract with another provider, he could either wait it out or buy it out. If he's with O2 and complains about the product he's currently on, but hints he was thinking about getting an Iphone they'd most likely let him change.

the 18/24 contract isn't such a bad thing if you're not one to change your phone often (which I'd presume he isn't)

and shut up, iPhones are cool, stop dissuading him.

i've 8 months left on my contract. and i'm with orange. will be migrating to vodafone soon after because all of my orange based friends are on vodafones tarrifs now and they are far better value for money.

iphones not on vodafone. also my corporate contract will be on vodafone.

Our apprentice at work got a sneaky deal for his iPhone, he managed to get a business contract, the person serving him in the O2 shop said if he makes any work related phone calls he could qualify for a business contract, can't remember the exact details of the tariff but it was much better than the regular deals.

Our apprentice at work got a sneaky deal for his iPhone, he managed to get a business contract, the person serving him in the O2 shop said if he makes any work related phone calls he could qualify for a business contract, can't remember the exact details of the tariff but it was much better than the regular deals.

I'm on O2 small business tariff, £34 a month, free iphone, 700 mins, unlimited everything else, text , tinterweb etc.

If you can, get on it.