Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Reviews of the Joker 2 I've read suggest it's a fucking musical. 

aye.  :(

there's JUST about enough decent reviews along with the goodwill from the first movie to keep me thinking i'll give it a go and judge it meself.

9 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i'd honestly give gotham a go mate. i loved it me, as a long running series probably only behind breaking bad and g.o.t.

without having read old dc comics meself apparently this is a well researched history in to gotham's criminal underworld. really interesting to see the main characters developing. penquin, the riddler etc all really well played i thought and although he isn't named as such, the joker, who's a fucking nutter!

as regards detectives... donal logue plays harvey bullock superbly and ben mckenzie also superb as jim gordon, hamming it up at times almost as well as bruce campbell in the the 2nd and 3rd evil deads.

oh and amongst the many, many stunning dusky maidens (take note @Monkeys Fist ) an honourable medntion has to go to the red head who plays the grown up poison ivy....

poison ivy.webp

Cheers tbd, will look into it (BB and GoT being my favourite ever series so trust your recommendation). And:

sneer-dirty.gif.157f8b17a4deed56d637aea38f937407.gif

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i'd honestly give gotham a go mate. i loved it me, as a long running series probably only behind breaking bad and g.o.t.

without having read old dc comics meself apparently this is a well researched history in to gotham's criminal underworld. really interesting to see the main characters developing. penquin, the riddler etc all really well played i thought and although he isn't named as such, the joker, who's a fucking nutter!

as regards detectives... donal logue plays harvey bullock superbly and ben mckenzie also superb as jim gordon, hamming it up at times almost as well as bruce campbell in the the 2nd and 3rd evil deads.

oh and amongst the many, many stunning dusky maidens (take note @Monkeys Fist ) an honourable medntion has to go to the red head who plays the grown up poison ivy....

poison ivy.webp

The kid playing both twins that "inspired" the joker in the Gothamverse was fucking spectacular IMO. It's a shame they didn't give him the nod in the Pattinson version of Batman - he'd pretty much be the right age for it to make sense.

He might actually be my favourite screen version(s) of the joker, even though he isn't really the joker. People were still fawning over Ledger at that point, and he managed to do a more comic accurate version of the character and not be completely shit at it.

• Like 1

Although Jada Pinkett Smith is also in it and is so unbearably shit that she almost makes it intolerable at times.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The kid playing both twins that "inspired" the joker in the Gothamverse was fucking spectacular IMO. It's a shame they didn't give him the nod in the Pattinson version of Batman - he'd pretty much be the right age for it to make sense.

He might actually be my favourite screen version(s) of the joker, even though he isn't really the joker. People were still fawning over Ledger at that point, and he managed to do a more comic accurate version of the character and not be completely shit at it.

a bit of a compilation of scenes from season 4, I'd forgotten just how good he was actually....

• Like 1