Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Dads get a chance to have a prom night with their daughters

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

If Trump loses I can guarantee he will be on this show in two years. 

• Haha 6

Longlegs.

If there is an Oscar for best marketing this should walk it. Absolutely shite.

It made another overhyped piece of shit, Barbarian, look brilliant by comparison.

Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War is a new docudrama on Netflix. Narrated by Ed Harris. Starts with the Gunfight at the OK Corral and picks up the story after that. 

It's canny if you like a bit of western action. Dramatised bits interspersed with patter from historians and authors. 

• Like 3

Binged Daredevil, Disney channel. 

Season 1 - enjoyable escapist nonsense.

Season 2 - 50% good (Punisher half) 50% utter shite (Electra half)

Season 3 - better story, but fuck me, Daredevil should be called wimpdevil (copyright Mrs TP)  what a fucking big girls blouse. Just kill the cunts man, knocking them out just isn’t going to cut it, they’ll wake up and just cause more carnage. Seriously rivalling Batman for shitest super hero.

17 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

MV5BODRlMjI1MWMtNjgxZS00MDgyLWJiMDAtYTJl

Binged watched this last, i thought it was superb. It will win Emmy's I'm sure of it.

I think the first thing Hugo Blick was involved with was the hilarious (and now largely forgotten) Operation Good Guys 

• Thanks 1

Untold: Sign Stealer on Netflix is good. 

Sports doc about college football and a bloke implicated in stealing opposition teams signals that they send onto the field for each play. 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

@Toonpack

How you getting on with the Silo books? I'm just closing in on the end of book 2.

Just moved onto them 2 nights ago. So hardly started tbh, well written though, having watched the show helps with the scene setting.

Edited by Toonpack

On 26/08/2024 at 08:54, Toonpack said:

Binged Daredevil, Disney channel. 

Season 1 - enjoyable escapist nonsense.

Season 2 - 50% good (Punisher half) 50% utter shite (Electra half)

Season 3 - better story, but fuck me, Daredevil should be called wimpdevil (copyright Mrs TP)  what a fucking big girls blouse. Just kill the cunts man, knocking them out just isn’t going to cut it, they’ll wake up and just cause more carnage. Seriously rivalling Batman for shitest super hero.

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee Devil GIF by TallBoyz

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee Devil GIF by TallBoyz

Moi, so what’s similar for a watch ? Preferably with a hero who’s not a soft shite (have watched Punisher).

Echo was an easy watch and something a bit different. But you'd have to watch the Hawkeye series first (think it's only 6 eps) or there'll be some stuff that doesn't make sense. 

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Echo was an easy watch and something a bit different. But you'd have to watch the Hawkeye series first (think it's only 6 eps) or there'll be some stuff that doesn't make sense. 

Saw Echo, thought it was really good, didn’t find there were any blanks/gaps tbh

But I guess I’ll have to watch Hawkeye now 😀

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Moi, so what’s similar for a watch ? Preferably with a hero who’s not a soft shite (have watched Punisher).

I liked the first season of Luke Cage, but it suffers a bit from the same problem that Daredevil S2 had. 50% really good, 50% a bit boring. It's got a brilliant soundtrack though.

Avoid Iron Fist. 

I liked Moon Knight, but it might be a bit too... comic booky for you. There's a whole big CGI monster fight in it at one point. 

Away from Marvel, you could try Reacher? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Cheers, have watched Reacher, enjoyed it, but he’s a shit actor mind.

Oh God, there's 2 by 4s with more range.

(I learned the lingo from my Joiner)

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Cheers, have watched Reacher, enjoyed it, but he’s a shit actor mind.

After casting Cruise in the films, they needed to find someone who actually fitted the description of the lead character. :) 

On 02/09/2024 at 20:48, The Fish said:

Oh God, there's 2 by 4s with more range.

(I learned the lingo from my Joiner)

I think that's the character more so than the actor. He's meant to be an emotionless, genius detective who is also a 6'5 wall of pure muscle.

That's not to say he's a great actor mind, but definitely better than he shows in Reacher (even though I loved the first two seasons).

• Like 2