Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Reviews of the Joker 2 I've read suggest it's a fucking musical. 

aye.  :(

there's JUST about enough decent reviews along with the goodwill from the first movie to keep me thinking i'll give it a go and judge it meself.

9 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i'd honestly give gotham a go mate. i loved it me, as a long running series probably only behind breaking bad and g.o.t.

without having read old dc comics meself apparently this is a well researched history in to gotham's criminal underworld. really interesting to see the main characters developing. penquin, the riddler etc all really well played i thought and although he isn't named as such, the joker, who's a fucking nutter!

as regards detectives... donal logue plays harvey bullock superbly and ben mckenzie also superb as jim gordon, hamming it up at times almost as well as bruce campbell in the the 2nd and 3rd evil deads.

oh and amongst the many, many stunning dusky maidens (take note @Monkeys Fist ) an honourable medntion has to go to the red head who plays the grown up poison ivy....

poison ivy.webp

Cheers tbd, will look into it (BB and GoT being my favourite ever series so trust your recommendation). And:

sneer-dirty.gif.157f8b17a4deed56d637aea38f937407.gif

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i'd honestly give gotham a go mate. i loved it me, as a long running series probably only behind breaking bad and g.o.t.

without having read old dc comics meself apparently this is a well researched history in to gotham's criminal underworld. really interesting to see the main characters developing. penquin, the riddler etc all really well played i thought and although he isn't named as such, the joker, who's a fucking nutter!

as regards detectives... donal logue plays harvey bullock superbly and ben mckenzie also superb as jim gordon, hamming it up at times almost as well as bruce campbell in the the 2nd and 3rd evil deads.

oh and amongst the many, many stunning dusky maidens (take note @Monkeys Fist ) an honourable medntion has to go to the red head who plays the grown up poison ivy....

poison ivy.webp

The kid playing both twins that "inspired" the joker in the Gothamverse was fucking spectacular IMO. It's a shame they didn't give him the nod in the Pattinson version of Batman - he'd pretty much be the right age for it to make sense.

He might actually be my favourite screen version(s) of the joker, even though he isn't really the joker. People were still fawning over Ledger at that point, and he managed to do a more comic accurate version of the character and not be completely shit at it.

• Like 1

Although Jada Pinkett Smith is also in it and is so unbearably shit that she almost makes it intolerable at times.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The kid playing both twins that "inspired" the joker in the Gothamverse was fucking spectacular IMO. It's a shame they didn't give him the nod in the Pattinson version of Batman - he'd pretty much be the right age for it to make sense.

He might actually be my favourite screen version(s) of the joker, even though he isn't really the joker. People were still fawning over Ledger at that point, and he managed to do a more comic accurate version of the character and not be completely shit at it.

a bit of a compilation of scenes from season 4, I'd forgotten just how good he was actually....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Naah, I don't normally go for Super Hero films or series. I weas thinking about it the other day, but in fact I seem to have an aversion from any media where the protagonists are "the good guys", although I realise Batman is a grey area there. So I can't be arsed with any detective stuff unless the detective is a right dodgy bent fucker (sorry Vera). All the stuff I like is from the villain's or antihero's/vigilante's perspective, absolutely love the Boys for example. Spiderman can get fucked though. Joker, Penguin, yes; Batman, Superman, no. 

You Say Season 1 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

9 hours ago, NJS said:

I'm enjoying that Kaos half way trough - I'm viewing it as a bit of an alternative history thing as well as myth retelling  - I've often wondered what the world would be like if Constantine hadn't chosen Christianity - I know that would have meant Roman gods not Greek but I'm sure there are turning points for that switch as well as the Norse ones. 

Aye, me and the Mrs loved Kaos, several on here gave up on it sadly.

Johan Neeskens, 73.  :rip:

Dad always called him “Cruyff’s bodyguard” :lol: but he was plainly far, far more than that…think he may have been one of the last of the classic era Dutch players :jesuswept:

Hellbound - Netflix (watched S1 again as S2 is imminent) some truly wonderful, if not monumental, overacting (it's Korean) thoroughly enjoyable.

@Gemmill Silo series - Book 2 what you think ? - not as engaging/good as book 1 so far for me, no character particularly engaging at all.

Edited by Toonpack

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Hellbound - Netflix (watched S1 again as S2 is imminent) some truly wonderful, if not monumental, overacting (it's Korean) thoroughly enjoyable.

@Gemmill Silo series - Book 2 what you think ? - not as engaging/good as book 1 so far for me, no character particularly engaging at all.

I enjoyed it but there were parts I think where I was wondering where it was all going. Halfway through book 3 now. 

• Like 1

On 18/10/2024 at 09:34, Renton said:

Watched episode 4 of the Penguin last night. Probably the best hour of telly I have seen this year. I'm not one for superhero stuff (the Boys aside) but this was superb. 

Aye, watched it last night. It was outstanding. 

19 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The Woman of the Hour was decent on Netflix. About "the Dating Game Killer". 

The only problem I had with it was the fact that the telly lass was not the woman of the hour. In fact she was completely useless, and the real woman of the hour is poor lass who manages to convince the lunatic to keep her alive.