Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Ah fuck that's really sad. I'm just one episode in to S2 atm. I almost didn't want to watch S2 cos I didn't want to see all the stuff with his crash and that. That's tragic about that young lad though. 

I watched parts one and two last and him and another lad didn’t get a visa. Which I assume will have been because they were going to India and their parents and/or grandparents were born in Pakistan. 

I think I’ll try and rewatch this over the next night or two:

I don’t think I’ve seen it since the time but it was part of a series of video diaries from back then. Where the beeb basically just let people have a lend of camera and make their own documentaries. Talking about Schillachi and italia 90 reminded me of it. Incidentally, @spongebob toonpants and @PaddockLad the teenage versions were a spin off from this. Including the ‘In Bed With Chris Needham’ mentioned on and sampled in the titles of the Chart Music podcast 

On 12/09/2024 at 10:25, Dr Gloom said:

i had no idea australians could produce such good tv - let alone tv this funny and moving.

Don't worry, the universe has been balanced by them producing this absolute turd.

• Jaysus... 1

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Don't worry, the universe has been balanced by them producing this absolute turd.

They've turned Brent into a woman. This is one act of wokalism that has gone to far. 

FUCK YOU OZZIE ARSEHOLES. 

Galen GIF by SVT

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Prime had such a decent run of shows that ranged from watchable to excellent - sadly, it appears the run is finally over. 

King Charles is 'very disappointed' over Meghan Markle's Coronation  decision and Archie and Lilibet absence

"You won, Australia. Enjoy the money, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Australia. You ruined my night completely so you could have the money and I hope now you can spend it on lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on. So Australia, take your money and get off my property."

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Prime had such a decent run of shows that ranged from watchable to excellen

Which ones? I am thinking of resubscribing. I know about the Boys and Rings of Power (yes, I liked the first series you Tolkein purist fuck nuts). 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Which ones? I am thinking of resubscribing. I know about the Boys and Rings of Power (yes, I liked the first series you Tolkein purist fuck nuts). 

Reacher is decent, Invincible is absolutely class.

Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle - both watchable.

Fallout was mint.

There are probably others as well like.

Plus prime has a bunch of the champions league games this season, and presumably will still be showing the Prem games over Christmas like in past years.

• Like 1

I haven’t been able to finish the first episode of the new season of the bear yet - 20 minutes in and all we’ve had is a pretentious, self-indulgent cooking montage to music. Has anyone got past it? I enjoyed the first season but not not I can be arsed with more of this shite 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I haven’t been able to finish the first episode of the new season of the bear yet - 20 minutes in and all we’ve had is a pretentious, self-indulgent cooking montage to music. Has anyone got past it? I enjoyed the first season but not not I can be arsed with more of this shite 

Yeah, I forced myself through the series. It doesn't get any better imo. Nothing happens. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The Bear S3 is great. Probably not as good as the first two, but still quality TV. 

Loop Trump GIF

It's pretentious guff. You're pretending you liked it. 

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Id last 6 seconds with Scarlett...

I'd walk in the room and immediately apologise for wasting her time before rushing to find a toilet to clean the jizz off the inside of me drawers before it dries.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Renton said:

They've turned Brent into a woman. This is one act of wokalism that has gone to far. 

FUCK YOU OZZIE AUSSIE ARSEHOLES. 

Galen GIF by SVT

FFS @Renton get it right.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Having known someone who was involved in Prime Australia's commissioning of shows, I can tell you, that would have been the decision of some fuckhead American beancounter, who based his decision on:

A. Australian comedy doing well in the US

B. No imagination to make anything original because the safe bet is to remake/boot the same shite TV these days.

C. They are cunts and therefore think the US Office was funny.

When you work on a show generally, three or four people make the final decisions. When you work on an American network show there are so many people making decisions, a horse is designed by committee and you end up with a camel.

Edited by sammynb

Let's just say "antipodean bastards"so RR doesn't feel left out.

I quite enjoyed the American Office for the first few series at least. Doesn't touch the UK version which was genius imo. I can't even crack a smile watching the trailer for this antipodean shit though, which doesn't bode well. I mean as well, surely the point about Brent/Scott was they were middle aged white men who were completely out of touch, trying to be PC but it backfiring horribly? If you can't get the protagonist right to the level of gender, go fuck yourself with your didgeridoo. 

• Haha 2

On 17/09/2024 at 07:50, Gemmill said:

Really, I thought it was absolutely shite. Slow as fuck. 

In retrospect it’s not suitable for those with the attention span of a goldfish tbh.

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Let's just say "antipodean bastards"so RR doesn't feel left out.

go fuck yourself with your didgeridoo. 

You forgot our friends on the North and South Islands?

And I do believe that would be culturally inappropriate.