Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I reckon ypu like it cos you don't have the mental capacity to understand complex plots or handle large casts.

Like when you couldn't follow Game of Thrones because it had more than one location and multiple characters. The kitchen of a restaurant in Chicago is more your level. :razz:

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's so much better than that bloated Game of Thrones horseshit. 

Ah, I was right on board til you said this. Game of Thrones had some of the best tv moments of the past decade. The latter seasons were rushed and too eager to tie things off, but overall it was one of the best tv shows of all time. 

Bear is good, and creative, taught and mixes drama with pathos well, but it's not in the same league as GoT.

game of thrones eyebrow raise GIF by HBO

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, not enough tits. 

This is why it ended so badly. The tit count went alarmingly downhill. They tried to rescue it with a flurry at the end but alas it was too late. 

Screenshot_20240731_214836_Google.thumb.jpg.b4332ab87435cb19529ecbe4f6ab996b.jpg

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

GOT had moments of shock that people pretended were good storytelling and it just threw tits everywhere to distract people from its failings. 

Sometimes the gore was shocking, (it's equally bad if not worse in the books), and yes there were tits aots but, the story telling, some characters' development, the subversion of expectations were superb. Some of the complaints people had about the 'speed that people could travel' were daft the second you consider that it's a tv show and the audience doesn't like "3 weeks later" time jumps.

It fell apart in the later seasons, you'll hear no argument from me there. 

42 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sometimes the gore was shocking, (it's equally bad if not worse in the books), and yes there were tits aots but, the story telling, some characters' development, the subversion of expectations were superb. Some of the complaints people had about the 'speed that people could travel' were daft the second you consider that it's a tv show and the audience doesn't like "3 weeks later" time jumps.

The travel anomalies were a huge issue though if you just looked at a map. One reason the earlier seasons worked is because they showed the difficulties of continental and inter-continental travel. It's was the main reason dragon tits couldn't fight for the throne earlier. In later series they just completely ignored it and had people teleporting about. Particularly that awful Euron Eddie Izzard cunt who only had sailing ships ffs. 

Anyway, this is all well rehearsed. Got was gash in the last 2 series which stops it being the all time great. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

The travel anomalies were a huge issue though if you just looked at a map. One reason the earlier seasons worked is because they showed the difficulties of continental and inter-continental travel. It's was the main reason dragon tits couldn't fight for the throne earlier. In later series they just completely ignored it and had people teleporting about. Particularly that awful Euron Eddie Izzard cunt who only had sailing ships ffs. 

Anyway, this is all well rehearsed. Got was gash in the last 2 series which stops it being the all time great. 

It's no Band of Brothers, and that's for damned sure.

3 hours ago, Renton said:

One reason the earlier seasons worked is because they showed the difficulties of continental and inter-continental travel

Wow, this sounds AMAZING. I can't believe I thought this show was completely shit. 

Aye, one of the best ever episodes was when Gandalf got stuck in a toilet cubicle on the J6 services just off the Kings Road. Comedy gold.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

There were supposed to be 2 more seasons but the producers cut it short (and threw together the finale) so they could work on a star wars show, the star wars show never happened/was canned. Cunts.

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

There were supposed to be 2 more seasons but the producers cut it short (and threw together the finale) so they could work on a star wars show, the star wars show never happened/was canned. Cunts.

It didn’t help that the bloke who wrote the books couldn’t be arsed to finish them, so they had to make it up for the ending too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It didn’t help that the bloke who wrote the books couldn’t be arsed to finish them, so they had to make it up for the ending too. 

He gave them the details of what he was intending to write but that was three seasons worth, they just piled parts of it into the single final season.

39 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Hasn't he finished other books between 5th and 6th? The shitbag

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He heard The Beatles were getting back together 👍🏻

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Renton said:

This is why it ended so badly. The tit count went alarmingly downhill. They tried to rescue it with a flurry at the end but alas it was too late. 

Screenshot_20240731_214836_Google.thumb.jpg.b4332ab87435cb19529ecbe4f6ab996b.jpg

It's the 0.6 boobs that did it for me. Too Cronenburg's Crash. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That was supposed to be his ending though so as far I'm concerned he can boil his fat head in the grease he sweats out his straining pores the big tramp.

Is house of the dragon at least good? I watched series one and it was OK, but I've not bothered with the new series.

14 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

That was supposed to be his ending though so as far I'm concerned he can boil his fat head in the grease he sweats out his straining pores the big tramp.

Is house of the dragon at least good? I watched series one and it was OK, but I've not bothered with the new series.

It's okay as well, watchable enough. I'd watch it if you have access, don't expect anything great though. 

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think the end points would have been the same, but how they got to those points would have been very different. There would have been (and maybe will be if he doesn't die first) a more gradual descent into madness for Dragon Tits, the defeat of the King Zombie would have been different, I'm sure. 

It's all moot anyway.

End of the day, it was one of the last pieces of tv where episodes felt like an event. 

• Like 1

I just finished watching the series called Animal Kingdom. Dead good it was, not about Animals but about a family called the Codys who are all basically wrong uns. Ellen Barkin played the nutcase mother Janine Cody. Well worth a watch if you like stuff like Breaking Bad and Ozark etc