Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Urban's accent is difficult to get past. 

Have you watched Gen Z?

Don't you mean GEN V, David?! 

I've watched it. It was pump. 

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The Boys season 4. I thought they'd drop the entire series but they didn't so instead of watching the new episode I'm re-watching the first three seasons again in the hope that season 4 will be there in it's entirety by the time I'm done.

I assume this is recommended somewhere in the previous pages considering it's abundance of comic book violence, tits and liberal use of cunt throughout

We love the Boys on here, you're in good company. 

I'm finding the time between series in general a real problem when I start a new one cos I just cannot remember what happened 12, 18, or 24 months ago on a TV program. Watching the boys again is definitely no hardship though.  

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The accents were canny though. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Renton said:

I'm finding the time between series in general a real problem when I start a new one cos I just cannot remember what happened 12, 18, or 24 months ago on a TV program. Watching the boys again is definitely no hardship though.  

Aye, I had that with The Dark. Asbolutely loved the first season. 10/10. Then when I went to watch Series 2 I didn't have a clue and can't be arsed to go through S1 again

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

We love the Boys on here

This feels like a "Say the line, Meenz!" trap and I am determined not to fall for it.

😏😉🍆

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Billy Butcher's accent is FUCKING BRUTAL BTW. The Fish is right to call it out. 

43 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Urban's accent is difficult to get past. 

Have you watched Gen Z?

Aye, they already changed the character enough from the source material that just going fuck it he's a kiwi in this version wouldn't have been too much.

I didn't mind Gen V though, it was different enough from the main show that it stands up on it's own. I haven't watched the animated series yet like, I expected it would be too much like invincible (another cracking watch tbf).

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

I had to do it with the Witcher as well - The recaps before the new seasons were like seeing shit for the first time, literally zero recollection. Thank christ I'm boycotting that now that the shitter Hemsworth is taking over from Caville so I never have to worry about it again.

29 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I had to do it with the Witcher as well - The recaps before the new seasons were like seeing shit for the first time, literally zero recollection. Thank christ I'm boycotting that now that the shitter Hemsworth is taking over from Caville so I never have to worry about it again.

Doesn't matter how many recaps of the Witcher I watch, I don't have a clue what is happening. I'm as scoobied as Gemmill watching Game of Thrones. Latest series gets such bad reviews I've given up entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Doesn't matter how many recaps of the Witcher I watch, I don't have a clue what is happening. I'm as scoobied as Gemmill watching Game of Thrones. Latest series gets such bad reviews I've given up entirely. 

Series 3 wasn't great like. But they'd already announced Caville was leaving and you can tell as he's properly phoning it in (it would have still been shite if he was putting his all into it).

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fish: "Yeah the whole concept of superheroes being breeded by a global evil order and trying to replace the US military really grabs you and is well put together and highly plausible but Urban's accent is difficult to get past."

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I did, apologies. I'd just got off a call with an apprentice and I think I was having Biden moment. 

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Aye, they already changed the character enough from the source material that just going fuck it he's a kiwi in this version wouldn't have been too much.

I didn't mind Gen V though, it was different enough from the main show that it stands up on it's own. I haven't watched the animated series yet like, I expected it would be too much like invincible (another cracking watch tbf).

True enough. Not like there's any narrative need for Butcher to be a cockernee boy.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Emma Raducanu on Wimbledon now 

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

• Like 1

On 07/07/2024 at 10:12, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Started on that Jonestown documentary on Netflix. Harrowing stuff and pretty amazing that so much of it was shot on film 

What's it called?

53 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What am I, your secretary?

No, you're prettier.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What am I, your secretary?

That’s a weird name for a Jonestown documentary tbh.

• Haha 2