Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Painkiller. ALmost a carbon copy of Dopesick, but not quite as good. I think I might retrain as Oxycontin rep.

House fo Dragons S2 kicked off. The acting in the first 5 minutes, unbelievably bad. Casting has gone to shit. 

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: :lol:

I was genuinely laughing uncontrollably at various points watching that. I also genuinely think they missed a trick not casting Charles Hawtrey as C3PO

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Bernard Breslaw as Chewbacca tipped me over the edge, :spit:

I doubted you, I was wrong. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I doubted you, I was wrong. :lol: 

He only had to say two words but it was the timing of them and the context as his mate, Han Solo was about to get carbonated. 'oh no' :lol: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

'King Otto and football's Greek Gods' on the BBC iPlayer is well worth a watch. (Obviously about them winning the European championship in 2004). :good:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

'King Otto and football's Greek Gods' on the BBC iPlayer is well worth a watch. (Obviously about them winning the European championship in 2004). :good:

'King Gareth and football's English Crusaders' set to start production after the 'Three Lions' triumphant summer :cuppa:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

'King Gareth and football's English Crusaders' set to start production after the 'Three Lions' triumphant summer :cuppa:

He could 1-0 win his way to the title and Wykiki still wouldn’t celebrate.

Before the tournament started I would have said our defence (mainly central) looks very weak and our attack looks as good as anything around. That seems to have reversed in a matter of games.

The 3 teams we’ve played have just sat back and I suspect Slovakia will do the same. Maybe we’ll see a bit more space for the forward players if we come up against a team that wants to get out their own half. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

Finished first 6 episodes of The Bear season 3 last night. Its been good, with the usual chaotic style of editing that makes it all very claustrophobic feeling and high paced, but thus far not a patch on seasons 1 and 2. Glad Jon Bernthal is still in it.

I've started Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. It's entertaining enough but it's so stupid how quick everything is happening to speed the story along. 

Politician gets accused of rape. There's no police interviews, no arrests, he just finds out he's been accused of rape (via the press iirc) and more or less the very next scene he's at trial. :lol:

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I nearly gave up after 4 episodes of Succession but episode 5 was excellent so I’m going to soldier on.

wise decision. it's the one of the best things to come out in the past few years

On 25/06/2024 at 13:30, wykikitoon said:

On series 3 of Trying.  Brilliant feel good comedy.

Yes I do like stuff like this.

Not trying 

• Haha 1

The Boys season 4. I thought they'd drop the entire series but they didn't so instead of watching the new episode I'm re-watching the first three seasons again in the hope that season 4 will be there in it's entirety by the time I'm done.

I assume this is recommended somewhere in the previous pages considering it's abundance of comic book violence, tits and liberal use of cunt throughout

• Like 1

Stranded on the iPlayer as well, a Storyville documentary of the people stranded on the Andes in the seventies after their plane crashed and about half of them died straight away was superb. Obviously heard about it but never really looked into it that much. Hard recommend as they say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Stranded on the iPlayer as well, a Storyville documentary of the people stranded on the Andes in the seventies after their plane crashed and about half of them died straight away was superb. Obviously heard about it but never really looked into it that much. Hard recommend as they say. 

First shown on the Cooking Channel. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The Boys season 4. I thought they'd drop the entire series but they didn't so instead of watching the new episode I'm re-watching the first three seasons again in the hope that season 4 will be there in it's entirety by the time I'm done.

I assume this is recommended somewhere in the previous pages considering it's abundance of comic book violence, tits and liberal use of cunt throughout

Urban's accent is difficult to get past. 

Have you watched Gen Z?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Urban's accent is difficult to get past. 

Fish: "Yeah the whole concept of superheroes being breeded by a global evil order and trying to replace the US military really grabs you and is well put together and highly plausible but Urban's accent is difficult to get past."

• Haha 5