Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Anyone ever watched those 'roasting' shows on the comedy channel? Basically they pick someone famous to sit on stage and then get a succession of 'comedians' to rip the piss out of them. It's usually personal distasteful stuff and the celeb has to feign laughter for an hour.

One guy just told Justin Bieber his dad died in 9/11 and he used to be sorry about it, then he met Justin biebers dad and now he's glad his dad is dead.

Americans are fucking weird

The old roasts could be brilliant. Dean Martin was always good as a target to give the main victim a rest.

These new ones tend to be American "Shock" comedians and as such there's little wit but plenty of AIDS, cancer, rape, dead relative jokes instead.

The Chevy Chase one is infamous.

He was supposedly in a foul mood throughout it because none of his SNL co-stars turned up ( because apparently he's a twat) and a bunch of z-listers tore him to bits.

I've found that they offer diminishing returns. The first one I saw was the Charlie Sheen one which I though was hilarious but the more I've seen the more I realise that most of them rehash the same lazy jokes at each one with several people making the same jokes in the same show just in different ways, each trying to outshock each other.

I've found that they offer diminishing returns. The first one I saw was the Charlie Sheen one which I though was hilarious but the more I've seen the more I realise that most of them rehash the same lazy jokes at each one with several people making the same jokes in the same show just in different ways, each trying to outshock each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F9M3L04ROM

Why continue after this?

Anyone watached Justified? I've watched the first couple of episodes and quite enjoyed them but it also seems too much of a basic prodcedural to keep me entertained for long. I can see some of the characters have been in it for most of it's run though so I don't know if it develops into something more.

Anyone watached Justified? I've watched the first couple of episodes and quite enjoyed them but it also seems too much of a basic prodcedural to keep me entertained for long. I can see some of the characters have been in it for most of it's run though so I don't know if it develops into something more.

I thought exactly the same in the first series or so but later on they balance out short term episodic bad guys with season long baddies to be overcome and permanent anti-heroes that last the entire series who you root for despite being on the other side to Raylan.

It's no sopranos/west wing/breaking bad, but it's good entertainment the wife and I both enjoy equally when she's more a fan of CSI, scandalv and that.

I thought exactly the same in the first series or so but later on they balance out short term episodic bad guys with season long baddies to be overcome and permanent anti-heroes that last the entire series who you root for despite being on the other side to Raylan.

It's no sopranos/west wing/breaking bad, but it's good entertainment the wife and I both enjoy equally when she's more a fan of CSI, scandalv and that.

Good to hear, I'll stick with it then.

I'm loving Better Call Saul by the way. I don't expect it to ever end up being as good as Breaking Bad ended up being but I think this first season has been better the first of BB.