Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Just finished the US Office :(

Amazing from start to finish

I was tearing right up at the end, after it had been such a staple in my life for so many years.

I know, I know, what a baby. :D

4 episodes in to the good wife. So far I'm a bit meh on it. Does it get better? Feels a bit 90s. Not sure why reviews so amazing so far. Feels a step down in quality from recent watches like house of cards, game of thrones, breaking bad et al

4 episodes in to the good wife. So far I'm a bit meh on it. Does it get better? Feels a bit 90s. Not sure why reviews so amazing so far. Feels a step down in quality from recent watches like house of cards, game of thrones, breaking bad et al

It's not like those. You have to think of it as a fairly good "filler" show. Something to watch when nothing great is on.

Just watched the first episode of The Tunnel. Now even though I hate subtitles, it does look as though it could be very good.

It is very good better than the American version, "The Border". Still much prefer the original Swedish series though.

I don't watch it cos I see it as one of "her" shows. She absolutely loves it though.

my wife accused me of not ever giving any tv shows where the woman is the main character a go. i'm determined to prove her wrong and like it, but so far i'm concerned she may be right.

Just watched the first episode of The Tunnel. Now even though I hate subtitles, it does look as though it could be very good.

I can't bring myself to watch that, it sounds like a dreadful attempt at a remake. The Bridge is excellent though.

second series is excellent also.

Aye, I thought so. Can't wait for the third but it's still a while off yet.

Started Wallander last week, thought that was decent.

Aye, I thought so. Can't wait for the third but it's still a while off yet.

Started Wallander last week, thought that was decent.

Same here absolutely love the Swedish version. Can't stand the version with Kenneth Brangah.

Finally got round to starting Luther, up to episode 4 and it's been cracking so far. Elba is quality like, brilliant in the Wire too, shame he seems to only be getting poor roles in movies/crappy movies like Pacific Rim, his tiny role in Thor and that shite one he done with Beyonce.

Finally got round to starting Luther, up to episode 4 and it's been cracking so far. Elba is quality like, brilliant in the Wire too, shame he seems to only be getting poor roles in movies/crappy movies like Pacific Rim, his tiny role in Thor and that shite one he done with Beyonce.

They showed the first two episodes of Luther on Aliby a couple of weeks ago and I was enjoying it. But it seems to have gone off now. I suppose I'll just have to download it.

This Happy Valley on BBC1 is cracking telly. (6 parter).

Slow opener but then really gets going. A few weak actors but superb performance from Sarah Lancashire and James Norton plays one of the nastiest villains I've seen on TV in a long time.

The Quite Remarkable David Coleman is back on iPlayer. I'm sure it's been recommended in here before, but it's well worth a watch, particularly for people of a certain age who were brought up on his commentary at Olympics etc.

This article is worth a read too, and absolutely spot on about the standard of commentary and sports broadcasting these days. All that technology in the hands of idiot ex-sportsmen with nothing of note to say (although I genuinely think Steve Cram is turning into a quality commentator, some of his stuff at London 2012 was really good). The point about MOTD commentators is right too - all stats and no gravitas, although I always thought that about Motson too who most seem to regard as a legend. Coleman and Barry Davies stand apart because of their turn of phrase, Motson just bored me in comparison.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/23/david-coleman-commentaries-still-make-hair-stand-up

If there's anybody on here I would have predicted to hate subtitles. :lol:

my wife accused me of not ever giving any tv shows where the woman is the main character a go. i'm determined to prove her wrong and like it, but so far i'm concerned she may be right.

Enlightened is good.

Laura Dern's character is vile... But intentionally so, and we'll worth watching.