Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Saw a documentary following Coogan on a tour of Oz/NZ the other night.

He didn't come across too well, tbh.

I think it's quite possible he's a bit of twat tbh like. But he plays up to that on this and it works really well.

Funny on the comedy awards when he got up to accept his comedy legend award, unfolded a 3 page speech, opened his mouth and before a word got out Wossy cut him off and said the show had to end for the news. He looked livid. Ripped up the speech iirc. :lol:

can't stand martin freeman sadly, sounded good still i seen him in the cast list.

Not my favourite actor tbf, just something about him. Billy Bob Thornton is in it too, so hopefully he can balance it out.

Enjoyed it, Freeman's accent a bit jarring to begin and Billy Bob's character doing 'the thing' seems less plausible than the original Buscemi and blonde guy pair doing it for cash, but looking forward to the rest of it now.

edit* Fargo that is.

Edited by jonasjuice

Enjoyed it, Freeman's accent a bit jarring to begin and Billy Bob's character doing 'the thing' seems less plausible than the original Buscemi and blonde guy pair doing it for cash, but looking forward to the rest of it now.

edit* Fargo that is.

How come the film and tv series both start with the tag lines 'names have been changed out of respect for the living, but the events are all real out of respect for the dead'. Yet they both have completely different events?

2. At the beginning of the film, text reads: THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred. In factaccording to Director of Photography Roger Deakins (Barton Fink, Homicide, The Hudsucker Proxy, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou?)it was not really true and was based on several incidents. There was a 1987 newspaper story about a woman named Helle Crafts, who disappeared in November, 1986. Crafts husband told people Helle was visiting her mother in Denmark, but a friend telephoned the mother and discovered Helle was not there. A babysitter saw a rug with a dark stain in the Crafts home; it later went missing. A private detective found the rug at a landfill and took it to policethat along with other evidence indicated foul play, but where was the body? Finally, December 31, 1989 police discovered the truth: Helles husband had fed her body through a wood-chipper. According to Ethan Coen, the script pretends to be true.

:lol: you can't describe something as a true story and then make half of it up

Course you can, it's done all the time.

Were you hoping for a dramatised documentary from the minds of the Coen brothers like?

Saw his new tour in quite a small theatre in November, lots of talking to the audience thoroughly enjoyed it. 4 stars from me. Was a very drunk loud woman in the crowd who he expertly ripped to pieces in a very loving non-aggressive way. Just a naturally funny man.

Isn't that the point? The whole films a comedy anyway.

The show looks quite canny. Didn't think I'd like Freeman at all after the first ten minutes but by the end I thought he was fine. And after seeing the trailler with the bit where Billy Bob get's pulled over, I thought he was going to be wank in it but I thought he was excellent.

Saw his new tour in quite a small theatre in November, lots of talking to the audience thoroughly enjoyed it. 4 stars from me. Was a very drunk loud woman in the crowd who he expertly ripped to pieces in a very loving non-aggressive way. Just a naturally funny man.

Aye he's class. I saw him a few years back, and he was very funny, so looking forward to this. His weekly Absolute Radio show is available as a podcast, and I listen to that too - surprisingly funny for an hour and a bit of "clean" commercial radio.