Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Anyone been watching Bouncers on C4? Set in Newcastle and Blyth. Jesus wept.

Worth a watch on 4od.

The Quay is owned by a lad I went to school with (who's actually going out with my mate's sister because that's how small villages work), he's fully aware that the way it's set up attracts suspect clientèle, but he says that he tried to tart it up a bit initially, but didn't make enough money. So he now just aims at the lowest common denominator and counts the money at the end of the weekend.

Was pretty embarrassing watching that with my lass and her housemate, trying to explain how Blyth and Jesmond aren't a true reflection of the Newcastle that I know.

I wouldn't be embarrassed tbh. Most towns across the country are like that on a weekend. It's not a North East thing, it's a retarded British culture thing.

Aye but it's still not an ideal advert for your home, is it.

100% of her perception of Blyth is that show. That show depicts Blyth as a shithole. I can say "Well, yeah, but I live 3 miles away", but it won't change much, will it?

Aye but it's still not an ideal advert for your home, is it.

100% of her perception of Blyth is that show. That show depicts Blyth as a shithole. I can say "Well, yeah, but I live 3 miles away", but it won't change much, will it?

It's not an ideal advert for anywhere, but I just don't think you need to watch it from a "what will people think" POV.

You could take the cameras to any pub in any town or city and see the same thing. I'm sure your lass and her housemate know that.

Btw the worst bit about that episode was the doormen setting that pissed bloke on his way when he clearly couldn't stand up, watching him fall and smash his face on the road, and then try and claim how heroic they were for calling him an ambulance.