Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Anybody else on here watch Elementary?

It's definitely my guilty pleasure at the moment.

Johnny Lee Miller is outstanding as Sherlock and Lucy Liu is a total MILF these days. :D

Watched a couple but quickly bored of the police procedural approach.

Were the UK ones all feature length? Had much more time for them. Short series of finely crafted episodes. Elementary to me just looks like criminal minds or the Mentalist.

Aye they were normally a couple of hours long.

A new series of that must be out soon though? Although not sure if it was interrupted due to them both being in The Hobbit.

Anybody else on here watch Elementary?

It's definitely my guilty pleasure at the moment.

Johnny Lee Miller is outstanding as Sherlock and Lucy Liu is a total MILF these days. :D

Wasn't sure at first, but it grew on me quite quickly. I thought it would become annoying with him just strolling in and cracking it all straight away, but they've built it up nicely. He plays the role really well.

I like Elementary but I agree with HF's criticisms. I think they are what keeps it from being really top notch. Johnny Lee Miller is really good in it. It's no where near as good as Sherlock though. That is much cleverer and much more in line with what Sherlock Holmes is all about.

I like Elementary but I agree with HF's criticisms. I think they are what keeps it from being really top notch. Johnny Lee Miller is really good in it. It's no where near as good as Sherlock though. That is much cleverer and much more in line with what Sherlock Holmes is all about.

I agree much more cleverer :-)

I've got it recorded so I'll probably watch it tomorrow (last part of the highly enjoyable Utopia tonight).

I have to admit I didn't really know what to make of the first series (probably because I was expecting it to be a comedy, especially when told about what the first one was about) but I enjoyed last weeks.

Watched that second episode of Black Mirror and I thought it was by far the best one that they've done so far. Kept me thinking right through the end credits. It started off quite unsettling in one way and then ends up being something quite different. Great stuff.

I also finished watching Utopia last night which I thoroughly enjoyed all the way through. Looks like it's set up for another series which isn't something I was expecting all the way through. Quite a few major characters have been killed off along the way so it would interesting to see what else they could make of it.

Finally (I was finished by four last night and really knackered so lay watching the telly all night) I started watching The Fear that was on channel 4 just before Christmas, with the brilliant Peter Mullan and the bloke who played Viserys Targaryen in the first series of Game Of Thrones. Looks good from the first episode. Anyone else watch it?

Anyone been watching Derek? Any good?

Saw the pilot which i though was quite good and just completely forgot the series was on, may have a binge on 4od.

i've enjoyed it. it's been quite sweet and funny in places. quite unlike his previous work.

Watched that second episode of Black Mirror and I thought it was by far the best one that they've done so far. Kept me thinking right through the end credits. It started off quite unsettling in one way and then ends up being something quite different. Great stuff.

I also finished watching Utopia last night which I thoroughly enjoyed all the way through. Looks like it's set up for another series which isn't something I was expecting all the way through. Quite a few major characters have been killed off along the way so it would interesting to see what else they could make of it.

Finally (I was finished by four last night and really knackered so lay watching the telly all night) I started watching The Fear that was on channel 4 just before Christmas, with the brilliant Peter Mullan and the bloke who played Viserys Targaryen in the first series of Game Of Thrones. Looks good from the first episode. Anyone else watch it?

Just watched episode 1 of black mirror following your recommendation.

How fucking Bizarre!

A few on here would love to see Cameron on a similar boat!

:lol:

Started watching The Sopranos for the first time at the start of last week....

... Onto the third series :/ It's the best TV show I've seen since Twin Peaks. Fantastic writing, fleshed out characters, mesmerising acting. Just brilliant.