Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and still have the box set sitting on my shelf 2 years later.

Watched the Shield, Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, Dexter, Sons Of Anarchy and Mad Men since and all grabbed me a lot quicker

Aye it takes a while to tune into the jive talk . Each series concentrates on different facets - the police/law, the 'street', education, politics and the media while a'bobbing and a'weaving all the way . Clever clever stuff .

• 2 weeks later...

What a set of cunts the Tories were. A minority of idiots followed England and our own government tarred the entire following with the same brush. Italian police hoofed fuck out of innocent people and our government thanked them for it

Also, how many players, after getting through to a world cup final, would chose to put an arm round the guy who had just missed a penalty for the opposition rather than celebrate with his team mates. Class act

waddle_1068457a.jpg

Also, how many players, after getting through to a world cup final, would chose to put an arm round the guy who had just missed a penalty for the opposition rather than celebrate with his team mates. Class act

Yeah as much as it's easy to put him down as the uber German Machine, the way Matheus went to console him was a great touch under the circumstances. Watching it again I'd forgotten it wasn't just the token 'well played' but borderline a walk and talk. Equally, Platt and Beardsley acknowledging him taking the time was good.

I was 16 at the time and remember how universally hated Moinahan was, torrid little man. That's where I also think it was a decent docu as it contextualised the times socially too and brought back loads of memories. I was in London weekend of the PollTax riots with college and vividly remember walking through the centre of the surreal aftermath.

Pumping iron

Class! Lou Ferrigno comes across like Warren off there's something about Mary. There's also a very uncomfortable scene where Arnold talks about cumming a lot. It's on you tube if anyone wants to watch it

In the aftermath of his public tirade, acclaimed news anchor Will McAvoy (Jeff Daniels) returns to his job to find that most of his staff are leaving and his new executive producer is his ex-girlfriend

Actually it sounds exactly like Studio 60.