Steven Taylor

Marko

Guest alex
True, didnt notice his lack of pointing. Might have something to do with the other 3 defenders actually being where they were meant to be too

It doesn't normally.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the defence, with the exception of Bassong, was excellent last night. Bassong was great in the air but seemed too hesitant with the ball at his feet and made mistakes when under pressure. Taylor looked like the player he was supposed to be and maybe he'll start to realise that he's just another defender and should do the best he can at that rather than trying to boss the other three while failing at his own duties.

More of the same please on Sat.

Am I the only one who still admires the player? I am first to say that his mistakes have lead to some goals against us and I'm first to say that he can sometimes let his heart rule his head, But saying that I believe he is the only one who plays 110% for the club, he scores some vital goals and I truly see him as an asset to NUFC. I am fully aware I will come in for slack for this thread as there are a lot of people who seem to have taken a dislike to Taylor I just hope those same people recognise the important goals the lad has scored for the club.

you won't get any flak from me, I've been saying it for years

I thought the defence, with the exception of Bassong, was excellent last night. Bassong was great in the air but seemed too hesitant with the ball at his feet and made mistakes when under pressure. Taylor looked like the player he was supposed to be and maybe he'll start to realise that he's just another defender and should do the best he can at that rather than trying to boss the other three while failing at his own duties.

More of the same please on Sat.

Agree with that like - when he drops the he-man act he does look good - could be wrong but maybe we have the beginnings of a good CB partnership - very young but can only get better as time goes on

I regret to say I think we'll struggle to hold on to Bassong beyond this season.

I can't believe how strong the fucker is. Any kind of collision the other player comes off second best, while Bassong doesn't flinch, and when he puts his arm across a player trying to get past it just stops them dead. I think he's made of granite :rolleyes:

Guest alex
I regret to say I think we'll struggle to hold on to Bassong beyond this season.

I can't believe how strong the fucker is. Any kind of collision the other player comes off second best, while Bassong doesn't flinch, and when he puts his arm across a player trying to get past it just stops them dead. I think he's made of granite :rolleyes:

If we stay up and he's got an agent with the lad's best long-term interests at heart, another season here at least is just what he needs. Sadly, I think you're right though.

On reflection mind, if Shearer stays who at the club would dare tell big Al they'd accepted a bid for his best defender? :rolleyes:

just my own feeling.......but Shearer will stay now his feet are under the table, provided Ashley doesn't shit on him like he did with Keegan and shows some ambition.

On reflection mind, if Shearer stays who at the club would dare tell big Al they'd accepted a bid for his best defender? :rolleyes:

just my own feeling.......but Shearer will stay now his feet are under the table, provided Ashley doesn't shit on him like he did with Keegan and shows some ambition.

It shouldn't do, but I think it makes a huge difference having Shearer back at the club. We've been missing someone who really gave a fuck since he left. Or at least someone who the fans KNEW really gives a fuck.

Ashley won't have anywhere to go if he fucks it up this time. He's all out of messiahs.

It seem's like he's progressed this year, and it seems like he's starting to cut out the mistakes which haunted him in the past + scoring some (vital) goals on the way.

I definately think he's an asset, and he's still quite young, so there's definately still time for an improvement, plus he loves the toon!

Guest alex

It shouldn't do, but I think it makes a huge difference having Shearer back at the club. We've been missing someone who really gave a fuck since he left. Or at least someone who the fans KNEW really gives a fuck.

Ashley won't have anywhere to go if he fucks it up this time. He's all out of messiahs.

Aye, Shearer really fucking cares about the club. Not saying he isn't motivated by self-interest too but that works to the club's benefit as well since he won't take the shit in the way Kinnear and Hughton etc. obviously had to.

I'd love to believe Shearer could lead Ashley in a new direction. I'm not convinced it'll pan out that way though as I still don't trust Ashley at all.

Nothing would be better for the club than for Ashley to back his manager properly and let Shearer and Dowie get on with it, and I'd love to see it happen. I'll be amazed if that is what happens, however.

Guest alex
I'd love to believe Shearer could lead Ashley in a new direction. I'm not convinced it'll pan out that way though as I still don't trust Ashley at all.

Nothing would be better for the club than for Ashley to back his manager properly and let Shearer and Dowie get on with it, and I'd love to see it happen. I'll be amazed if that is what happens, however.

Best thing is still we stay up (no shit?) and Ashley sells.

If we stay up and he's got an agent with the lad's best long-term interests at heart, another season here at least is just what he needs. Sadly, I think you're right though.

He's off to arsenal in the summer if we go down. if we stay up he deserves a new contract and a decent partner alongside him.

He was great at winning headers last night and was very imposing. gets rid when he needs to but is not a footballing centre half. which actually is to his great credit because he doesn't mince around on the ball!

Fair correction I suppose. Not just 'sells' though, but sells well (from our point of view).

I dont think by any means that Taylor is the finished article, hes certainly not the best of defenders but it has to be said that hes improved at least a little bit every season hes played, i think we've seen the best of Steven Taylor so far this season and I'm sure we will see better next season.

If we can hold onto Bassong i think they will make a great pairing with Beye and Enrique at RB and LB of course.

I do think Bassong will leave though :rolleyes:

I am not sure Bassong will get an offer from somewhere like Arsenal if only because the general consensus in both the media and beyond the walls of the club is that all newcastle defenders, past and present, are shite and should be laughed at - it may be wishful thinking on my behalf but if last night doesn't endear him to the club not much will

I am not sure Bassong will get an offer from somewhere like Arsenal if only because the general consensus in both the media and beyond the walls of the club is that all newcastle defenders, past and present, are shite and should be laughed at - it may be wishful thinking on my behalf but if last night doesn't endear him to the club not much will

The ones who've been branded as shite were actually shite though tbf.

I'm absolutely certain football managers up and down the country will be aware of Bassong's quality by now, and he's already put off contract talks and hinted he'd be off if a big club comes in :rolleyes:

I think thats the only way things can improve with regards the club. Its pretty obvious ashley doesnt want to spend any more money then he has to, and for us to be competing in the top half of the premiership in the future we need to spend big and wisely.

I dread/ cant wait to see whats gonna happen !

I think thats the only way things can improve with regards the club. Its pretty obvious ashley doesnt want to spend any more money then he has to, and for us to be competing in the top half of the premiership in the future we need to spend big and wisely.

I dread/ cant wait to see whats gonna happen !

We'll spend at least £12m. Derek says:

“There is £8m there (from January transfers) and it will be spent in the summer, as will the next instalment (£4m) for James Milner. Mike isn’t afraid to spend money out of his own pocket either."

So buy your season tickets NOW!!