Steven Taylor

Marko

Am I the only one who still admires the player? I am first to say that his mistakes have lead to some goals against us and I'm first to say that he can sometimes let his heart rule his head, But saying that I believe he is the only one who plays 110% for the club, he scores some vital goals and I truly see him as an asset to NUFC. I am fully aware I will come in for slack for this thread as there are a lot of people who seem to have taken a dislike to Taylor I just hope those same people recognise the important goals the lad has scored for the club.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who still admires the player? I am first to say that his mistakes have lead to some goals against us and I'm first to say that he can sometimes let his heart rule his head, But saying that I believe he is the only one who plays 110% for the club, he scores some vital goals and I truly see him as an asset to NUFC. I am fully aware I will come in for slack for this thread as there are a lot of people who seem to have taken a dislike to Taylor I just hope those same people recognise the important goals the lad has scored for the club.

I wouldnt worry, the people on here are fickle enough to like him again. Hes been awesome at RB and CB since xmas. Martins also showed why Owen should be the first striker sold in the summer, not the last

Im starting to like him, wears his heart on his sleeve and is very passionate for the club.

The whole running to the crowd after he scored/fist pumping at the final whistle that everyone is loving is exactly what people on here slated him for last season :rolleyes:

You've got to admire the kids attitude and his willingness to put his body in the way of everything. There is still a lot of improvement to be done, but name me a centre half who reached the peak of his abilities at 23?

He had a point to prove last night and did it well. Fingers crossed he builds on it and moves forward rather than regressing to what he was putting out earlier in the season.

Was great to have him back in the side. We've got no other defenders who can score a goal, in fact we've got just about noone who can score a goal that isn't a striker (and even then they can't score consistently).

Like OP said lets his heart rule his head a little too much, but that should improve with maturity.

The trouble is as soon as he makes a rick the knives will be back out. I know I had a go at Colo on here yesterday but that was based on about three months of consistently poor, error-strewn performances not the odd mistake which all players are liable to make.

Taylor's a decent player and one of the few we've got who'll stand up and be counted when we're under it. He needs to improve in a couple of areas certainly (I'd like to see him attack his defensive headers with the same conviction he has in the opposition box, for example) but at any rate he's well worth his place currently, either at CB or full-back.

Im starting to like him, wears his heart on his sleeve and is very passionate for the club.

The whole running to the crowd after he scored/fist pumping at the final whistle that everyone is loving is exactly what people on here slated him for last season :rolleyes:

He's in this week. :yahoo:

Bollocks.

I only criticise him for doing that sort of thing when he's played woeful which has been often.

Credit where it's due. He played well enough to warrant lapping up the applause last night.

I wouldnt worry, the people on here are fickle enough to like him again. Hes been awesome at RB and CB since xmas. Martins also showed why Owen should be the first striker sold in the summer, not the last

Awesome. Fuck off man. :rolleyes:

Playing well as of late, so credit where it's due.

You're chomping Tom-stylie there man Tooj :yahoo:

You're chomping Tom-stylie there man Tooj :yahoo:

I can't help it. J69 just talks such shite. :boogie:

You're chomping Tom-stylie there man Tooj :boogie:

I can't help it. J69 just talks such shite. :nufc:

Aye I know but he looks like he's on the prowl for a bite this morning. Mind you, why's this morning any different? :yahoo:

Like most players, he'll get criticised when he's shite and get the plaudits when he plays well. It's hardly double-standards.

I think some of the criticism can go a little over the top with Taylor though.

Guest alex
Like most players, he'll get criticised when he's shite and get the plaudits when he plays well. It's hardly double-standards.

So can the praise at times tbf.

He does himself no favours with the macho man act though. Very little pointing last night too - to the extent that it makes me think someone has had a word, cos the tucker couldn't move for doing it a month ago.