Just babbling on

Guest Stevie

I still like to look in here from time to time but it's been a good while since a post inspired me to reply.

That's a great post Steve, obviously heartfelt and (as a neutral) I agree with every word. I was shot down on here many months ago when I commented on Ashley and his attempted mingling with the fans, wearring his shirt and downing his pint. I was told it didn't matter but it does... It doesn't portray the right image of a chairman to be respected. The players need a manager (and preferably a chairman) they respect. I don't think Ashley will ever be respected in that way, Joe Kinnear certainly couldn't be and (although I'll invoke the wrath of many) I don't think KK ever would have been. KK might have been a god to the suppoprters but I don't think most players would ever respect him as 'a winner'.

Maybe Shearer can become that person (if he can be persuaded to stay).

N17, you're right Everton are a big club, but I agree with Stevie, potentially Newcastle are far bigger. You say turnover isn't the be all and end all, maybe not but it's the single most important factor. The game is now ruled by money, I see little hope of anybody breaking the stranglehold of the so called Big 4. The champions league generates enormous income, enabling those clubs to invest more than anybody else to ensure they get into the champions league yet again... to generate that income yet again. It's self-fulfilling! Sadly I think the chances of 'smaller' clubs like Forest, Ipswich etc ever winning the league again are long gone. Maybe if the Italians or Spaniards usurp our domination of the champions league it will level the playing field slightly but I don't even see that happening in the short term.

Ashley deserves to be ass-raped with for many of his choices (and lies), but of all the things that have happened at the club, that is the very least of the issues.

He could have sat naked in the stands oiling himself with melted butter, IF he'd done a few other things right.

Keegan did seem to have the players respect (as well as the fans) and more than that had them playing well and with confidence (something Kinnear has never seemed to do - hence his stupidly bad win rate)

Mort was seemingly a decent chairman, who at least [it seems] kept the lid on other things, Lambrusco on the other hand seems to have been a hideously bad choice and Wise well...... :unsure:

FCUM is just bitter that Keegan is the only one apart from Benny the Ball to take any points away from Old Trafford this season.

:razz:

He clearly had the players behind him.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe fans of other clubs are getting their knickers in a twist over an OP which was heartfelt and spot on but used the words 'babbling', 'waffling' and 'pissed' in the title.

The timing of the post is also just after one of the worst moments in our recent history. Yet still they come to counter-claim and criticise.

Pejorative pricks.

Some of us have been around long enough to read the normal shite Stevie writes though. I would love to track back and re-post his Newcastle wonderland big club dreams, but I really cba.

He wasn't saying that here though. Which is why I defended him. He probably will when he reads this thread though. :unsure:

Some of us have been around long enough to read the normal shite Stevie writes though. I would love to track back and re-post his Newcastle wonderland big club dreams, but I really cba.

So it's a boring fan board of a small, piffling and insignificant club (soon to be relegated), yet not only are you here, but you've been here for a while. :unsure:

So you're replying to his oeuvre not the OP?

As long as we are clear on that, fair enough.

:unsure:

:)

Replying to his 'egg'? :unsure:

:razz:

''Now entering the Tottenham section, the artist has used some very peculiar materials including mickey mouse cups and graphs denoting attendance splayed on the walls''

''Now entering the Tottenham section, the artist has used some very peculiar materials including mickey mouse cups and graphs denoting attendance splayed on the walls''

"Here we have the Newcastle modern success corner, notice how it is practically empty with hardly anything to see at all. This is a long tradition in Newcastle and some believe it will be many many years before we are able to display anything"

"Here we have the Newcastle modern success corner, notice how it is practically empty with hardly anything to see at all. This is a long tradition in Newcastle and some believe it will be many many years before we are able to display anything"

Not as good. Nice try though.

:unsure: