Just babbling on

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

think...

In the second half tonight, I got to 87 minutes, and I realised in the preceding 42 minutes, I'd shouted lots of abuse, swore a lot, but I reckon if you had a transcript of everything I said, in those 42 minutes, you would not find one positive statement in there, and I was thinking about this walking down St James' Boulevard for the bus (I was so upset I fucked off without a pint). I then got thinking it's possible that during this season, 18 games including the League Cup game, that I might have uttered less than 100 positive sentences. I don't know if it's because I'm a miserable cunt, but I think it's because I'm turning in to a typical fan.

The negativity is contageous. Even when we score, I'm obviously delighted like against the mackems, it wasn't "get in Shola son!!!" it was more right over to the mackems and "get in you fuckin inbred mackem bastards!!!!" which isn't very positive. Tonight was no different, I'll sing and sing, but the people around me give up after 15 minutes. This cunt in front with grey hair, looks a bit like Ravanelli, 15 mins gone "Shearer fuckin sort it oot!!!" and the negativity spreads like a disease. When we were good in the mid 90's and for 3 years under Robson, it was all positive, "we could win the league here ye naa!!" but while I'm not going to blame our fans for our current predicament, I genuinely believe more than nearly any other club, the mood of the crowd transmits itself to the pitch very quickly. I looked at the clock with about 25 minutes to go, we got a chance, then that was it, we couldn't get the ball for 20 minutes really. Smith fucking useless cunt he is, and I make no bones about saying that, head bowed, players not wanting the ball, it's a cauldron of negativity, and we have, in my view, a significant amount of responsibility in all of it.

I'm trying to say something positive, and I have anything positive to say, nothing.

We need to learn from this lesson, I hope we go down to 36000 fans next season in the Championship to get rid of moaning cunts who bring us all down, we need to come back but do it sensibly. Everyone to a man knows where the club should be, even complete cocks like Danny B knows where Newcastle could be, and it's not going to happen while we seem dirty, because that's what we seem to me, we are dirty. We have been for four or five years, and there are at least five major players like FFS, who are totally culpable in this. People can shout and bawl at all the mistakes Ashley has made, but the fact is the club was rotten to the core before he took over.

We have had many many years, of the club being devalued, and by that I mean somewhere along the line club lost it's meaning in the pursuit of being a Champions League winner. With the sacking of Robson, the club sold it's soul, by paying overrated players more money than they are worth. When you become a club like that you become an agents dream, the players who are here are not interested primarily in where the club come in the league but more what the club can do for their earning potential and their career, fuck the club itself, that's how they think. When a club bastardises itself like that, there is mass contempt, players take their contracts for granted and they lose all sense, of what this fuckin club should be all about.

I'm so upset tonight, honestly to god I am, I'm fuckin heartbroken, but I tell you what we must do, because this club in my view, with our potential should be away from the likes of Everton and Aston Villa, but we need to show some humility, and start taking a leaf out of these clubs' books, particularly Everton. Everton are not a massive club, they have a turnover over 30% lower than ours despite having European football, but David Moyes makes sure everybody that comes through the door at Goodison Park, is completely aware of the clubs history, its' supporters expectations, and his vision for where Everton should be. Liverpool is not a nicer place than Newcastle, they as a business and fanbase are so very far behind us, but it works for them, because all of their players come in there respect Everton Football Club, it hasn't happened here for 5 years, it's why we're going down, there are scores of people to blame. If we don't learn from our mistakes we might as well just chuck it now, all of us.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think...

In the second half tonight, I got to 87 minutes, and I realised in the preceding 42 minutes, I'd shouted lots of abuse, swore a lot, but I reckon if you had a transcript of everything I said, in those 42 minutes, you would not find one positive statement in there, and I was thinking about this walking down St James' Boulevard for the bus (I was so upset I fucked off without a pint). I then got thinking it's possible that during this season, 18 games including the League Cup game, that I might have uttered less than 100 positive sentences. I don't know if it's because I'm a miserable cunt, but I think it's because I'm turning in to a typical fan.

The negativity is contageous. Even when we score, I'm obviously delighted like against the mackems, it wasn't "get in Shola son!!!" it was more right over to the mackems and "get in you fuckin inbred mackem bastards!!!!" which isn't very positive. Tonight was no different, I'll sing and sing, but the people around me give up after 15 minutes. This cunt in front with grey hair, looks a bit like Ravanelli, 15 mins gone "Shearer fuckin sort it oot!!!" and the negativity spreads like a disease. When we were good in the mid 90's and for 3 years under Robson, it was all positive, "we could win the league here ye naa!!" but while I'm not going to blame our fans for our current predicament, I genuinely believe more than nearly any other club, the mood of the crowd transmits itself to the pitch very quickly. I looked at the clock with about 25 minutes to go, we got a chance, then that was it, we couldn't get the ball for 20 minutes really. Smith fucking useless cunt he is, and I make no bones about saying that, head bowed, players not wanting the ball, it's a cauldron of negativity, and we have, in my view, a significant amount of responsibility in all of it.

I'm trying to say something positive, and I have anything positive to say, nothing.

We need to learn from this lesson, I hope we go down to 36000 fans next season in the Championship to get rid of moaning cunts who bring us all down, we need to come back but do it sensibly. Everyone to a man knows where the club should be, even complete cocks like Danny B knows where Newcastle could be, and it's not going to happen while we seem dirty, because that's what we seem to me, we are dirty. We have been for four or five years, and there are at least five major players like FFS, who are totally culpable in this. People can shout and bawl at all the mistakes Ashley has made, but the fact is the club was rotten to the core before he took over.

We have had many many years, of the club being devalued, and by that I mean somewhere along the line club lost it's meaning in the pursuit of being a Champions League winner. With the sacking of Robson, the club sold it's soul, by paying overrated players more money than they are worth. When you become a club like that you become an agents dream, the players who are here are not interested primarily in where the club come in the league but more what the club can do for their earning potential and their career, fuck the club itself, that's how they think. When a club bastardises itself like that, there is mass contempt, players take their contracts for granted and they lose all sense, of what this fuckin club should be all about.

I'm so upset tonight, honestly to god I am, I'm fuckin heartbroken, but I tell you what we must do, because this club in my view, with our potential should be away from the likes of Everton and Aston Villa, but we need to show some humility, and start taking a leaf out of these clubs' books, particularly Everton. Everton are not a massive club, they have a turnover over 30% lower than ours despite having European football, but David Moyes makes sure everybody that comes through the door at Goodison Park, is completely aware of the clubs history, its' supporters expectations, and his vision for where Everton should be. Liverpool is not a nicer place than Newcastle, they as a business and fanbase are so very far behind us, but it works for them, because all of their players come in there respect Everton Football Club, it hasn't happened here for 5 years, it's why we're going down, there are scores of people to blame. If we don't learn from our mistakes we might as well just chuck it now, all of us.

:unsure:

All of this tbh. Been saying it for years now.

Go and have that drink you passed up earlier Stevie, you deserve it.

think...

:unsure:

All of this tbh. Been saying it for years now.

Go and have that drink you passed up earlier Stevie, you deserve it.

Yep. This is what sickens me about the mouth breathers' view of us as a club. We're fucking well aware of the shit we're in and how key issues haven't been addressed. Unfortunately we've gone from one extreme to the other and say what you like, right now I wish we had a bit more debt and a few more points....

Top post that.

was looking to have a wee tirade myself, but you've written exactly what I've been feeling for tha past few hours and done in it without the frothing at the mouth that I definitely would have slathered all over the screen.

I feel like I've just found my lass cheating on me with Danny Baker. :unsure:

Great post Stevie.

We will rise again though mate. It's just a question of when. That's up to Ashley - it's up to him to turn the negatives into positives now. I don't care who's fault it is anymore.

Good post Stevie.

It's hard to be positive when you've watched it fold out in front of you and you know just how great this club can be.

Time to start again perhaps.

Guest Stevie

What I wanted to say in that as well about Everton was, it's not just David Moyes who makes the players aware of Everton's ethic, their history, and the people they represent, it's the people at the top as well. Bill Kenwright isn't a popular chairman with the Everton fans simply because he has no money to invest, but in reality he's a brilliant chairman, promoting the club so well, the whole feel of Everton focuses every single player to fight for the pride of the club and it's history, all done with a wage cap not much more than £40k. I think maybe relegation is the only thing that could completely change the dirty culture which has been engrained in NUFC in the short term, if we stay up it will take a lot longer but it needs to happen. I don't care if it takes us five years.

At the end of the day Premiership football isn't everything. Obviously its where we want to be but there is life outside of that.

Our promotion seasons was one of the best I ever had. I nearly cried at the Leicester (7-1) game when the entire (even the East Stand) were singing "Andy, Andy Cole" in harmony.

Im just hoping (if we do go down) that we get rid of all the dead wood sharpish and get players that want to wear the strip in.

I'm far from sure we will "rise again", at least in anything like the form of the last 18 years. These may be the final pages in that chapter, with things like CL football becoming as faded a memory as winning things is now.

We've been :unsure: all season (apart from the first 3) and have basically not won enough (the writing was on the wall before Christmas ffs :razz:)... but that in the end boils down to Kinnear being not very good and the middle-management and owner being worse.

I don't understand how people think they are going to be any better in the Championship, nor indeed how these muppets are going to build a side that IF it can get back up is going to do anything other than get murdered in the Premiership (our current side, for all its failings, should at least be able to hold it's own somewhere in mid-table with a decent manager and coaching team and a bit more strength in depth - al la Keegan's wanted signings).

I'm far from sure we will "rise again", at least in anything like the form of the last 18 years. These may be the final pages in that chapter, with things like CL football becoming as faded a memory as winning things is now.

We've been :unsure: all season (apart from the first 3) and have basically not won enough (the writing was on the wall before Christmas ffs :razz:)... but that in the end boils down to Kinnear being not very good and the middle-management and owner being worse.

I don't understand how people think they are going to be any better in the Championship, nor indeed how these muppets are going to build a side that IF it can get back up is going to do anything other than get murdered in the Premiership (our current side, for all its failings, should at least be able to hold it's own somewhere in mid-table with a decent manager and coaching team and a bit more strength in depth - al la Keegan's wanted signings).

I think you missed the point.

Top posting Stevie

I think you missed the point.

We'll see next season.

get relegated, get shot of the entire first team, fit a wage cap and play our academy team next season in the fizzy pop league, take the money saved and invest, don't allow the team to sink into the first divison, mid table the season after, invest, promotion 3 years time

get murdered and get relegated again

but for fuck sake stop trophy signings and players over 30 on contracts longer than a year

get relegated, get shot of the entire first team, fit a wage cap and play our academy team next season in the fizzy pop league, take the money saved and invest, don't allow the team to sink into the first divison, mid table the season after, invest, promotion 3 years time

get murdered and get relegated again

but for fuck sake stop trophy signings and players over 30 on contracts longer than a year

We can afford decent players, we just can't afford to let decent players take the piss out of us-because ultimately everyone will do and the inevitable happens. That absolutely has to change, whatever division we're in.

Everton are a massive club, turnover is not the be all and end all. You're not showing any humility putting down other clubs and claiming there are scores of people to blame.

Edited by N17