Best album of the noughties

Happy Face

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking influential 80s records (and even if we're not) I heard 'Egypt, Egypt' by Egyptian Lover for the first time in ages the other day on some random techno / electro mix. Fucking mint.

Love that 'On The Nile' album. How mint a song title is 'What is a DJ if he Can't Scratch?'?

Love that old skool electro shit. Much better than the pale imitations knocking around in recent years.

The Killers' ‘Mr Brightside’ was named the Xfm song of the decade yesterday.

The top one hundred tracks from the last ten years - as voted for by Xfm listeners - saw Arctic Monkeys come second with 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor'.... and then Kings Of Leon were third with 'Sex On Fire'.

The Killers classic appeared on their 2004 debut album 'Hot Fuss' and has since become a live favourite.

The full list of 100 songs of the decade is available for you to peruse at www.xfm.co.uk/songofthedecade

Heavily biased towards popular indie rock, as it was voted for by listeners of a popular indie rock station. But then all these lists are a matter of opinion and therefore pointless aren't they?

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Bumping this since I forgot how brilliant Elliott Smith's Figure 8 album was. Pitch-perfect at times (Can't Make a Sound, Son of Sam) and no real filler I can hear.

Stiva, that is a quality avatar type thingy you have there.

however , I now will not be able to take anything yousay seriously, as i will be thinking of a rare parrot humping some blokes head. :razz: