Robert walks out on Portsmouth

Gemmill

He walked out of the ground while the match was in progress and returned later.  That is not under question.

50932[/snapback]

So. We know he's tempermental, that really doesn't bother me. Storm in a teacup!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard nothing on the radio about this, and Gemmill hasn't sourced the info. So what anyway? He doesn't play for us now.

We haven't seen any threads appearing when Robert has scored a free kick, have we? No, yet again the Robert haters are stirring up their anti-Robert obsession. Oh, and predictably Grimbo pops up for the first time since the last anti-Robert thread; a guy who is so obsessed he once spent a whople game counting Robert's passes!  :o

50921[/snapback]

Woooaaah!!

Thats one geet big "dont wanna talk about it cos its against Robert" statement innit?

and the anti-Souness/ Bowyer/ Faye (all for that one mind) camp dont do any of these things do they?

It is relevant, he is still a Toon player and any Robert goings on affect this club, if he scores goals it makes him more attractive for a sale at the end of the loan and therefore bumps his price up, if he farts around like a nob and wanders Sunderland instead of being at the game then his price goes down, simple as.

I've heard nothing on the radio about this, and Gemmill hasn't sourced the info. So what anyway? He doesn't play for us now.

We haven't seen any threads appearing when Robert has scored a free kick, have we? No, yet again the Robert haters are stirring up their anti-Robert obsession. Oh, and predictably Grimbo pops up for the first time since the last anti-Robert thread; a guy who is so obsessed he once spent a whople game counting Robert's passes!  :o

50921[/snapback]

Woooaaah!!

Thats one geet big "dont wanna talk about it cos its against Robert" statement innit?

and the anti-Souness/ Bowyer/ Faye (all for that one mind) camp dont do any of these things do they?

It is relevant, he is still a Toon player and any Robert goings on affect this club, if he scores goals it makes him more attractive for a sale at the end of the loan and therefore bumps his price up, if he farts around like a nob and wanders Sunderland instead of being at the game then his price goes down, simple as.

50936[/snapback]

Yes, but you don't, and never have, see any positive threads about him, despite the fact he has been playing well in general. He's not going to play for us again, and he isn't going to command a transfer fee because his contract is nearly up, so he is now totally irrelevant to us. In fact he can't even play against us!

I have to agree that Robert acted like a spolit child today but i'm not going to let this incident cloud his career at Newcastle. Good managers get the best out of players like Robert, which is probably the reason why some of Laurent's worse games came under Souness. Inconsistant - yes, tempremental - yes, bloody genius - Not all the time but the good times outway the bad with ol' Larry in my eyes.

No, yet again the Robert haters are stirring up their anti-Robert obsession. Oh, and predictably Grimbo pops up for the first time since the last anti-Robert thread; a guy who is so obsessed he once spent a whople game counting Robert's passes!  :o

50921[/snapback]

I am still waiting for even one post that isn't devoted to Robert from him :o

To be fair i think this incident was big enough to warrant a thread being started if people care that much about the bloke, it wasn't just him having a shite game.

However it still remians the case that whenever people whinge about too many boring Robert/Bellamy threads, its always the "haters" who start these threads.

Bellamy scored twice againts arguably the best defence in football at this point in time, but we don't need a thread about it. It goes to show though, if he stays fit for enough games, this bollocks that he is still a "10 a season striker" will be shown to be absolute nonsense and that doesn't even account for all the goals he creates as well.

Legend he is

50952[/snapback]

Fucking Lovely Knees, aswell :o

50956[/snapback]

Highly suspect underwear though tbh.

50957[/snapback]

Would look better on your bedroom floor?

50958[/snapback]

If he was in my bedroom wearing those underpants I'd kick him out!! :o

Legend he is

50952[/snapback]

50956[/snapback]

50957[/snapback]

50958[/snapback]

50961[/snapback]

If he took them off?

Legend he is

50952[/snapback]

50956[/snapback]

50957[/snapback]

50958[/snapback]

50961[/snapback]

If he took them off?

50968[/snapback]

He wouldn't get the opportunity, I'm afraid. Greying and baggy briefs = nooooooo thank you, Laurent!

On the topic at hand (oo-er!) I was one of the ones who was sad to see him leave NUFC as I had a bit of a soft spot for him. HOWEVER, I cannot deny that he was inconsistent, petulant and looked apathetic at times. I did cling to the hope that he would become more consistent with the all-too-rare flashes of brilliance. If this story is true today and he did walk out in a big huff then I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Genius.

After the meeting he called through the week, he thought that by walking out before the match, it would sap the players' confidence. Then by the players seeing him at half-time again behind the dugout, it inspired Matt Taylor to score a left-footed wonder goal the master would have been proud of, as well as scoring another, and setting up two.

Masterstroke tbh. :o

He walked out of the ground while the match was in progress and returned later.  That is not under question.

50932[/snapback]

So. We know he's tempermental, that really doesn't bother me. Storm in a teacup!

50934[/snapback]

I'm sure you'd have a totally different opinion if it had been Kieron Dyer, but don't let that little detail cloud things, eh...? :o

50932[/snapback]

50934[/snapback]

I'm sure you'd have a totally different opinion if it had been Kieron Dyer, but don't let that little detail cloud things, eh...? :o

51017[/snapback]

Funnily enough, I was going to cite the fact that Kieron Dyer is still at the club to back up my argument there Craig. Why are people so obsessed with what Robert does at a different club (and never did to us, to my knowledge), when Dyer who is at our club has done far worse? Never mind.

i wonder what the position if pompey decide "best get rid" ?are we left paying his wages or was there a contact that means they do ?

51018[/snapback]

I think they are committed to the rest of his contract. They got a bargain too, I wouldn't worry about them.

50932[/snapback]

50934[/snapback]

51017[/snapback]

Funnily enough, I was going to cite the fact that Kieron Dyer is still at the club to back up my argument there Craig. Why are people so obsessed with what Robert does at a different club (and never did to us, to my knowledge), when Dyer who is at our club has done far worse? Never mind.

51030[/snapback]

Ignorance? Stupidity? Spite? Could be any one, or more likely all of them.

Grimbo banging on again about corners from Robert makes me laugh. It obviously hasn't crossed his mind that a manager and players choose who takes their corners and free kicks. Naturally, they select the player who is considered to be the best at it, but if that player turns out to be consistently shit at it, under pressure from the players a different team member would take over the responsiblity. Robert took most of ours, which means his teammates were happy with what he was doing. That's important and obvious, innit?

It also used to make me laugh when people on here cited one of Roberts greatest failings as being his penchant for having a go at goal from a 40 yard free kick. It's obviously never entered the minds of those people that his teammates and manager wanted him to do this. Again, they were happy with it, otherwise they'd have stopped him doing it. The reason they were happy with it was because they knew it's better than a floated 50/50 into the box that most teams manage. How many goals does that Roberto Carlos bloke score from long range free kicks, and how many times has he tried? Scored a good one, once though, didn't he? Anyway, some of you stat people might be able to dig that one up, but for myself, I can only recollect him scoring a couple. I've seen Beckham put half a dozen over the bar in one game before getting one even on target, but I'd still let him take more and why not, he might score a goal!

Some people can't think this way though, they can't see the bigger picture. If the ball goes into the crowd Robert is obviously shit. If Shearer blasts it into the wall? Well, that's ok. If another player floats half a dozen 50/50 balls into the box and they are all headed out by a defender.....well that's ok as well, isn't it? Apart from the possiblity we'll be caught on the break by either of these last 2 scenarios because most of our team might in their box and the ball is in play!!! Doh!

I've mentioned all of this before, but as usual, the people who slag Robert never actually address these points, finding it too complicated obviously.

Some good points eariler by PL too. Why are these threads always started by those vindictive people who hate either Robert or Bellamy? These threads have a mark of childishness about them, really.

I remember threads started about 10 seconds after Bellamy scored for Blackburn and also the initial honeymoon period for Robert at Pompey.

Some of the bile is stupid considering what he did for us but this latest thing does prove one point that "outers" made at the end. Robert is a selfish twat who doesn't care about his team. Would any of his defenders care to deny that?

Theres also a Pompey fan who posts on the SMB who took about two weeks to see through him and reckon a lot of their fans are the same. When the story broke yesterday he said "Good - Taylor will play" - you know the player who scored 2 and won them the game.