Spoony

Holden McGroin

I really believe he's a hold over from the days when the Gods at the Beeb said - "CHrist -all our Dj's are white - go forth butler, and find as a black person!" and thats what they got

He isn't any good, he isn't funny, and he's bloody annoying

I really believe he's a hold over from the days when the Gods at the Beeb said - "CHrist -all our Dj's are white - go forth butler, and find as a black person!"  and thats what they got

He isn't any good, he isn't funny, and he's bloody annoying

50829[/snapback]

And there aren't any annoying white DJs!!? :o:o

I know what you mean though, but it's a lose lose situation really.

The days have yet to come when someone is JUST annoying. I happen to think that positive discrimination has been a good thing in getting the population used to ethnic faces even if some of the presenters are less than fantastic.

It gets us through the quagmire quicker to the point where a presenter is either good or bad.

And yes I find Spoony annoying! :o

spoony is a good DJ as in music wise

but since he's on radio one, you dont pick the vast majority of the music and you have to talk all the time, so he comes accross as shite

actually come to think of it, they should call them Presentators since thats all they are doing

I don't mind Spoony, don't find him irritating either.

Ok so I don't go out of my way to listen to him but when he's on I won't change the station.  :o

Best DJ though is Scott Mills.  :o  :o

50840[/snapback]

Scott Mills is appalling. Like a mixture of local and student radio. Got no redeeming features at all.

Agreed _ I can't STAND Mills

I just think there are hundreds of better DJ's (black and asian) than Spoony

But its typical of the BBC - once you're in you're in forever (see Sarah Cox)

Ok so I don't go out of my way to listen to him but when he's on I won't change the station.  :o

50840[/snapback]

I wouldnt cross the road to piss on him if he was on fire.

I went to a radio 1 quiz night in Glasgow and he was doing the djing after. He just stood there while someone did the mixxing and he just f*cked about being a c*ck.

Sorry for the language but I am at work and someone started me on Jaouquin Phoenix.

50840[/snapback]

Scott Mills is appalling. Like a mixture of local and student radio. Got no redeeming features at all.

50843[/snapback]

He's funny as fuck :o

50840[/snapback]

50843[/snapback]

51072[/snapback]

I'd love to know how. Chappers is the only decent one on the show. Shows Mills up most of the time.

Ok so I don't go out of my way to listen to him but when he's on I won't change the station.  :angry:

50840[/snapback]

50843[/snapback]

51072[/snapback]

I'd love to know how. Chappers is the only decent one on the show. Shows Mills up most of the time.

51077[/snapback]

Try listening to him :o

Always giggle when he busts some twat or the prank celebrity calls. :scare:

He had KT Tunstall as his record of the week as well so he scores points there.

I like Moyles but he can be shit, he needs to learn the phrase "joke's over". But sometimes funny when he isn't repeating the same joke after every song. Or every 5 seconds. :angry:

Love the jingles though :o

Try listening to him  :o

Always giggle when he busts some twat or the prank celebrity calls.  :o

He had KT Tunstall as his record of the week as well so he scores points there.

I like Moyles but  he can be shit, he needs to learn the phrase "joke's over". But sometimes funny when he isn't repeating the same joke after every song. Or every 5 seconds.  :o

Love the jingles though  :o

51078[/snapback]

I have listened to him, both on early mornings and afternoons. So basically his funniest segments are things that have been ripped off from other shows? Throw in the Flirt Divert and a request portion of his show aswell. Can't forget his shit catchphrases aswell It's local radio stuff. His taste in music is wank as well you mention K T Tunstall and he rammed the James Blunt song aswell.

Moyles has had to tame it a bit for the breakfast show. Was better on early mornings and afternoons.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

But its typical of the BBC - once you're in you're in forever (see Sarah Cox)

50844[/snapback]

This is the main reason I hate the BBC *spit* - it's just one big beano once you're in. For example, did you know that the BBC *spit* took over 350 personnel to Australia for the 2000 Olympic Games?!!!!!!

Don't know who this 'spoony' guy is tbh (necessary 'tbh' in this case ;) ) - does he play the spoons on air??

Is there anything worse in life than switching on your radio on a Saturday morning and hearing this twat ?

;)

50824[/snapback]

Yeah, turning it on on a Sunday and he's on aswell.

50828[/snapback]

Even worse than that. Switching on your radio on a Wednesday evening and hearing him do the Midweek 606 Football Phone In on Five Live.

Put a different station on then, it's not rocket science.

51980[/snapback]

It's ok to criticise someone you don't like though isn't it?

;)

51982[/snapback]

Eh?

51984[/snapback]

I meant it's ok for people on here to criticise Spoony, I didn't mean 'you' as in you having a go at someone, I meant generally. You're right though, you could just flick over to the fantastic 'Talk Sport' or, even better '3 Leg ends'. Spoony doesn't seem that bad all of a sudden :lol:

• 2 years later...