The Ashes

smoggeordie

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not confident that they can bat for two days. One wicket goes and there could well be a flurry of them. Our middle order is weak, very weak. Clarke and North are both passengers.

Don't know what happened to Anderson, credit to the batsmen but he was getting hit all over the place. I expected Broad to come out and be solid which he was but fancied Anderson to be firing and take 1 or maybe even 2 early wickets.

Plenty of time though and the test comes after the first wicket falls, see what affect that has!

Cant believe the weather is going to save them. Poor captaincy from Strauss mind not putting them in straight away. He handed our chance over to the weather gods. I fully expect them to save this now.

Warne giving it the big licks about "no ball will be bowled tomorrow". If the forecast is that bad, the 45 mins wasted batting in the morning looks canny stupid.

Ah well, in hindsight eh?

Warne giving it the big licks about "no ball will be bowled tomorrow". If the forecast is that bad, the 45 mins wasted batting in the morning looks canny stupid.

Not really, the forecast for tomorrow was awful at the beginning of the day.

Unlikely 45 mins would've made a difference then. I think it was an ok decision as only 9 overs were used and it gives us a chance of not having to bat again. Weather permitting like.

Unlikely 45 mins would've made a difference then. I think it was an ok decision as only 9 overs were used and it gives us a chance of not having to bat again. Weather permitting like.

But if no play tomorrow is a possibility, then not having to bat again is immaterial and the only issue becomes getting them out today, surely. 45 mins still to go after getting clark out could have made a difference.

But if no play tomorrow is a possibility, then not having to bat again is immaterial and the only issue becomes getting them out today, surely. 45 mins still to go after getting clark out could have made a difference.

True, but I don't think they were going on that assumption anyway since even at the close of play there was a fair bit of confidence there would be some play tomorrow on TMS. Plus, you might not have gotten as many wickets without the extra pressure the extra runs added. I can see both arguments tbf. I just don't think it was a terrible decision by any means.

Aye, as far as I'm concerned, and keeping in mind I'm an Australian supporter, England hold all the cards here, you can't critisise something that's not going to happen to be honest. The weather is a lottery. I know we have satellite loops and all, but to use that to judge on a game of cricket, for me, is a bit rich. I still think England will have enough time to get a result btw. It took a lot for me to admit that...

fat australian bastard.

Hey leave him alone, he's got new white teeth you know.

His teeth look crazy on telly!

A pre-requisite to be on Channel Nine these days, man. :lol: