Sunderland joke

Optimistic Nut

Mick McCarthy is out walking his dog one day, really p*ssed off about Sunderland's league position. He bumps into his captain Gary Breen just as he was about to go home, but thought he'd ask him if he wanted to go for a quick pint so they could discuss their plight.

So they're standing at the bar talking to one another when a man walks in, lifts Mick McCarthy's dog's tail up, looks, and walks out the bar. Mick & Gary look at each other, and just shrug their shoulders.

A couple of minutes later, another man does the exact same thing, McCarthy was a bit angry this time so said to Breen "the next time someone does that, I'll pull them up and ask what hell they're playing at".

30 seconds later, another man comes in, and lifts the dog's tail up.

"Whoa whoa whoa, just a second there pal. Why's everyone keep playing with my dog's tail?"

"There's a man standing outside telling everyone that passes that there's a dog in there with two a*seholes".

A man is passing a TV shop. Outside, watching final score is a man with a small dog. "Oh no, Sunderland have lost again" pipes the dog. The first man is astounded.

"That's amazing! Your dog just spoke!" he says.

"Yeah", the owner replies. "He always says that when they lose"

"What does he say when they win?" asks the first man.

"I don't know yet!"

I remember finding that really funny at the age of eleven.

A man is passing a TV shop. Outside, watching final score is a man with a small dog. "Oh no, Sunderland have lost again" pipes the dog. The first man is astounded.

"That's amazing! Your dog just spoke!" he says.

"Yeah", the owner replies. "He always says that when they lose"

"What does he say when they win?" asks the first man.

"I don't know yet!"

I remember finding that really funny at the age of eleven.

51059[/snapback]

humourist tbqph

Is it not about 20,000 these days?

B)

50825[/snapback]

They got a full house against Arsenal ;)

50849[/snapback]

Adult tickets were £5, kids tickets were £1. :lol:

51174[/snapback]

On a serious note a sound bit of business by the Mackems. They could get 20k in with the regular prices or drop the prices, fill the stadium, rake in loads of cash through food and drink sales and get the masses that don't usually go to games intrested in football...although after that performance they'll probably end up supporting Arsenal.

B)

50825[/snapback]

50849[/snapback]

51174[/snapback]

On a serious note a sound bit of business by the Mackems. They could get 20k in with the regular prices or drop the prices, fill the stadium, rake in loads of cash through food and drink sales and get the masses that don't usually go to games intrested in football...although after that performance they'll probably end up supporting Arsenal.

51277[/snapback]

I think it was a good idea as well and one we could have done with for early uefa games last season. Make the tickets cheap, get a full house, better atmosphere and end up making about the same money as with more expensive tickets but less fans buying them. Even something like £10 for adults and £5 for kids would have worked well for us.

B)

50825[/snapback]

50849[/snapback]

51174[/snapback]

51277[/snapback]

I think it was a good idea as well and one we could have done with for early uefa games last season. Make the tickets cheap, get a full house, better atmosphere and end up making about the same money as with more expensive tickets but less fans buying them. Even something like £10 for adults and £5 for kids would have worked well for us.

51287[/snapback]

They probably made more cash, unless 47'000 charvs all brung their own Greggs pasties.

They probably made more cash, unless 47'000 charvs all brung their own Greggs pasties.

51288[/snapback]

HEY

I take Greggs Pasties to the match!

well one corned beef pasty and two sausage rolls and a bottle of Ribena