Newcastle United 0-0 Portsmouth FC

snakehips

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa's form is nothing to worry about. 2 wins and a draw could do it. Even Liverpool played crap against Hull

Nice to hear a friendly Spurs supporter who isn't here to wind up everybody, but I still can't see us getting anything at Villa Park - only if they don't have anything to play for, which is unlikely at the moment.

Try to remain positive, I think you can get something from Villa away if you can find your scoring boots. You did make chances tonight.

we`ve made chances all season ffs, on tonites display there is little to remain positive about. remaining positive is gonna be a tough call.

none of our strikers could score in a brothel atm, our only left back is bosted, people carrying injuries, nee one with belief and now the fans are losing it too.

nobody want to go down but its becoming increasingly likely :unsure:

Pompey came to spoil, not to win.

and they did, time wasting, cheating cunts.

We didn't expect anything different though. It's the lack of fight in the second half that disappointed me.

This...... all fuckin season :unsure:

Well that's it. I'm giving up now.

Looking at the table we are still "only" three points adrift. You would say anything is still possible and I'd probably back any other team down there to have a decent chance of getting out of a similar position. But we are not creating, not shooting and not scoring. When it falls on a plate for us, can't score either.

Add to that the fact that, for years now, we are incapable of performing when it is desperately needed. Team of bottlers for so long. We rely so much on other teams' fuck ups that we don't know what to do when a team isn't leaving gaping holes.

Tonight it was just another typical Toon game of the last 4-5 years. Pressure is on = nothing and everyone is left in an anticlimactic state of shock.

I'll embrace the Championship when the dust settles. But man does all this suck.

I thought we looked exactly like we did against Blackburn last year when Keegan had started to ge them playing but it hadn't clicked - you could see a bit more effort but unfortunately a cliche I hate "they've forgotten how to win" could not be truer - if we had somehow won I would have actually had hope we could stay up - now its too late.

It's also a shame that Viduka is only just back - he made a big difference in providing what little chance we had.

Owen wants to hang his head tonite like - he is there for chances like that - thats what the big money is for - tepid performance but its nice to take a bit of solace on here wuth like minded individuals i just wish that cunt from spurs would fuck off for good-he is the consumate wanker - small penis syndrome or something

Jesus wept, how fucking shit are we? Not an ounce of quality on show. Also, we are so fucking slow.

If we can't score against that Portsmouth team at home then I don't see where the points are going to come from. Looked like we gave up in the last half hour too.

I wish I could share other people's optimism but we just don't have the quality or heart to get the results we need.

What boils my piss is that 90% of those responsible for the shit state we're in have either already gone, or will be dust on the horizon if/when we do drop, leaving us daft bastards licking our wounds and kicking the dog.

WANKERS ALL!

rant over - piss still scalding

Owen now surely has no place in the team anymore. Big Al has got to put away and sentiment he has for his former strike partner and do what is best for the club.

...Nile Ranger anyone? ;D

Looking at tonights performance, we need players who are going to stand up and be counted. Theres too many out there who dont want the ball or arent prepared to go for the final ball.

Owen was probably the most absent player on the pitch tonight and just didnt provide anything to support his inclusion.

Martins looked lively but yet again his touch and probably a lack of confidence has let him down.

Viduka showed those little glimpses which can win games but was just short on match fitness, something we dont have time for.

In midfield, Smith was battling all day and alongside Butt probably kept us in the game. Once Butt went off, we lost shape and focus and the lack of his leadership showed.

Duff tracked back and got himself in important positions defensively. Once Pennant came on, he was struggling with both him and Johnson running down their right flank.

Guthrie looks short on confidence. Managed to put most of his corners in the right areas, but just felt that he slowed up the play when going forward as he tended to drop it sideways rather than play it up. Same could have been said for Martins at times and in the first half, was frustratingly ball greedy opting to run with it rather than play the pass and run.

Jonas looked like he might do something when he first came on, but quickly faded and didnt do anything after that.

We desperately need someone who can come in and create or at least have no fear at going for it and just taking some responsibility. I hope Butt stays fit as it looks like he is the real Captain, for me Owen is simply a Captain by name nothing else. Didnt ever look to be attempting to motivate the players.

I said we had to get 3 points today and we havent done it. Personally, I now think we're beyond safety and we're going into freefall. My mate predicted a big club would go this season and it looks like its us. When it is confirmed, I dont expect us to bounce back up next season. I think this is just the beginning of some very dark years.

Looking at tonights performance, we need players who are going to stand up and be counted. Theres too many out there who dont want the ball or arent prepared to go for the final ball.

Owen was probably the most absent player on the pitch tonight and just didnt provide anything to support his inclusion.

Martins looked lively but yet again his touch and probably a lack of confidence has let him down.

Viduka showed those little glimpses which can win games but was just short on match fitness, something we dont have time for.

In midfield, Smith was battling all day and alongside Butt probably kept us in the game. Once Butt went off, we lost shape and focus and the lack of his leadership showed.

Duff tracked back and got himself in important positions defensively. Once Pennant came on, he was struggling with both him and Johnson running down their right flank.

Guthrie looks short on confidence. Managed to put most of his corners in the right areas, but just felt that he slowed up the play when going forward as he tended to drop it sideways rather than play it up. Same could have been said for Martins at times and in the first half, was frustratingly ball greedy opting to run with it rather than play the pass and run.

Jonas looked like he might do something when he first came on, but quickly faded and didnt do anything after that.

We desperately need someone who can come in and create or at least have no fear at going for it and just taking some responsibility. I hope Butt stays fit as it looks like he is the real Captain, for me Owen is simply a Captain by name nothing else. Didnt ever look to be attempting to motivate the players.

I said we had to get 3 points today and we havent done it. Personally, I now think we're beyond safety and we're going into freefall. My mate predicted a big club would go this season and it looks like its us. When it is confirmed, I dont expect us to bounce back up next season. I think this is just the beginning of some very dark years.

Excellent post and the whole truth - sadly.