Footage shows G20 death man push

Fop

Although without video evidence it would have worked well..... guess we need even more CCTV (which didn't "exist" there for a while :D) :)

ORWELLIAN NIGHTMARE ALERT!!

:panic:

Make your mind up numbnuts.

Learn to read (between the lines), pooey pants. :icon_lol:

No choice but to with you mate. It would break your fucking heart to state an opinion.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:D etc)

Are you now saying anything is "ok" so long as there are states worse than the UK? :icon_lol:

Classic Fop, answering a question with a question. The answer to yours is no, of course not. Now will you answer mine?

So what's the basis of your question?

It makes no sense unless you believe that, which you claim you don't. :)

What are you babbling on about 'basis', let alone the following sentence?

Answer the following question if you please:

Out of interest, are there any examplary states [with reference to the police and judicial system] you think we should aspire to?

my take on this is, the police running over and twatting some guy could cause him to panic, im not a dr. by no means but if your not stable could cause a heart attack to be fair, the situation and everything.,

when i watched the video he seemed to be plodding past everyone like nothing was happening however. The policeman who twatted him should be questioned on the matter if you ask me.

Apologies Foptit, I thought you had taken it from the Guardian website. Try and post the source in future.

The bit at the end was:

Inspectors typically do not wear badge numbers, but display two pips on their shoulder.

Also, do police have to identify themselves? I thought it was only their collar number (for constables and sergeants) or if they were performing an arrest or search?

Apologies accepted, say 100 hail Mary's and try to touch you elbow with your tongue for 30 mins.

Although without video evidence it would have worked well..... guess we need even more CCTV (which didn't "exist" there for a while :nufc:) :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Make your mind up numbnuts.

Learn to read (between the lines), pooey pants. :wacko:

No choice but to with you mate. It would break your fucking heart to state an opinion.

It's fairly obvious what Fop convictions* are, just people let cleverdickitus get in their way and end up looking silly like that.

*Rention or maybe Chrisation incoming :icon_lol:

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:nufc: etc)

Are you now saying anything is "ok" so long as there are states worse than the UK? :wacko:

Classic Fop, answering a question with a question. The answer to yours is no, of course not. Now will you answer mine?

It makes no sense unless you believe that, which you claim you don't. :icon_lol:

Out of interest, are there any examplary states [with reference to the police and judicial system] you think we should aspire to?

Besides the spelling mistakes (again - alex), the only way that question has any relevance is if you think that makes any difference.

Where as clearly wrong is wrong whether we have the worse police ever™ or the greatest upholders of peace and civilisation the Universe has ever know.

So again what is the basis of your question?

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:nufc: etc)

Are you now saying anything is "ok" so long as there are states worse than the UK? :wacko:

It makes no sense unless you believe that, which you claim you don't. :icon_lol:

Besides the spelling mistakes (again - alex), the only way that question has any relevance is if you think that makes any difference.

Where as clearly wrong is wrong whether we have the worse police ever™ or the greatest upholders of peace and civilisation the Universe has ever know.

Does every question on an internet forum need some kind of basis before its asked? I'm merely curious, that's all, because you strike me as a person that likes complaining about things just for the sake of it. Given the chance, I doubt there is a single thing you wouldn't complain about. Your non-answer speaks volumes to me too. It's utterly pointless trying to engage in a dialogue where one of the people will evade even the simplest of questions.

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:icon_lol: etc)

Are you now saying anything is "ok" so long as there are states worse than the UK? :icon_lol:

Does every question on an internet forum need some kind of basis before its asked? I'm merely curious, that's all, because you strike me as a person that likes complaining about things just for the sake of it. Given the chance, I doubt there is a single thing you wouldn't complain about. Your non-answer speaks volumes to me too. It's utterly pointless trying to engage in a dialogue where one of the people will evade even the simplest of questions.

Which does seems to be your "basis" :wacko:, which again has nothing to do with your question in real terms or the issues in the thread.

Instead as usual you drift away from the point and try to get into some personal nonsense. :nufc:

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:icon_lol: etc)

Which does seems to be your "basis" :wacko:, which again has nothing to do with your question in real terms or the issues in the thread.

Instead as usual you drift away from the point and try to get into some personal nonsense. :nufc:

Ffs Fop. What's personal about asking you if you think other countries have better police forces and judicial systems? Well done for yet again evading a simple question.

As for you complaining about everything, it's just an honest observation. I can't think of a single positive comment you've made regarding the country we live in, whether it's the police, the legal system, the political system, or the NHS etc. I doubt that's a true reflection of you fwiw, I just think you like arguing with everything for the sake of it, which is a bit of a shame because it masks any decent points you might have.

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:pmsl: etc)

Are you now saying anything is "ok" so long as there are states worse than the UK? :scratchhead:

It makes no sense unless you believe that, which you claim you don't. :scratchhead:

Which does seems to be your "basis" :icon_lol:, which again has nothing to do with your question in real terms or the issues in the thread.

Ffs Fop. What's personal about asking you if you think other countries have better police forces and judicial systems? Well done for yet again evading a simple question.

As for you complaining about everything, it's just an honest observation. I can't think of a single positive comment you've made regarding the country we live in, whether it's the police, the legal system, the political system, or the NHS etc. I doubt that's a true reflection of you fwiw, I just think you like arguing with everything for the sake of it, which is a bit of a shame because it masks any decent points you might have.

Your whole agenda for arguing (with the poster*, not the issue, as this thread clearly shows :icon_lol:).

Your beliefs seem very mutable around that need.

Now there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it's not one of the issues of this thread. :wacko:

Does the how good or bad UK police force (sorry, service :scratchhead:) generally is matter in this context? Nope.

Does the proportional number of accidents the UK police service is involved in compared to other countries have any bearing on the conviction** of that copper for killing that girl with his car? Of course not.

So again it's completely irrelevant to what was done wrong by the UK police at the G20 (and indeed other) demonstrations.

*person not something hanging on the wall - unless that's how you like to keep your nemesis, which is fair enough. :icon_lol:

** yes, that conviction. :icon_lol:

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. (:pmsl: etc)

Are you now saying anything is "ok" so long as there are states worse than the UK? :scratchhead:

It makes no sense unless you believe that, which you claim you don't. :scratchhead:

Which does seems to be your "basis" :icon_lol:, which again has nothing to do with your question in real terms or the issues in the thread.

Your whole agenda for arguing (with the poster*, not the issue, as this thread clearly shows :icon_lol:).

Now there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it's not one of the issues of this thread. :wacko:

Does the how good or bad UK police force (sorry, service :scratchhead:) generally is matter in this context? Nope.

Does the proportional number of accidents the UK police service is involved in compared to other countries have any bearing on the conviction** of that copper for killing that girl with his car? Of course not.

So again it's completely irrelevant to what was done wrong by the UK police at the G20 (and indeed other) demonstrations.

*person not something hanging on the wall - unless that's how you like to keep your nemesis, which is fair enough. :icon_lol:

I think it is relevent to put the problem in a proper context. Besides, as you know threads always drift from the subject of the OP. First-class evasion Fop, well done.

I think it is relevent to put the problem in a proper context. Besides, as you know threads always drift from the subject of the OP. First-class evasion Fop, well done.

Fop's view of the UK police is already on record, it still has nothing to do with this issue though.

It doesn't matter how good (or bad) they are if they still do things like this, that has to be opposed and stopped. :scratchhead:

No way I can be arsed to download whatever that is Fop, especially presuming it's your idea of a joke. ( :icon_lol: etc)

Which does seems to be your "basis" :wacko: , which again has nothing to do with your question in real terms or the issues in the thread.

Masively neurotic about not being in control of his own destiny tbh, which probably stems from some very basic inadequacy (probably to do with his mental health). I wouldnt be surprised if his destiny is substantively out of his own hands though in all honesty (by operation of law) for his own safety, which would explain a lot of it in all fairness.

It's sad, because you inevitably see human rights points routinely getting sidetracked by his paranoia and hysterics, which always does the argument a disservice at the end of the day.

That's not aimed at you for a response btw Fop (absolutely no need to respond to me-it's just my opinion).

Masively neurotic about not being in control of his own destiny tbh, which probably stems from some very basic inadequacy (probably to do with his mental health). I wouldnt be surprised if his destiny is substantively out of his own hands though in all honesty (by operation of law) for his own safety, which would explain a lot of it in all fairness.

It's sad, because you inevitably see human rights points routinely getting sidetracked by his paranoia and hysterics, which always does the argument a disservice at the end of the day.

That's not aimed at you for a response btw Fop (absolutely no need to respond to me-it's just my opinion).

Care to try to aimlessly chip in on Renton's new Theory of Genetics in the other thread?

Or are even you staying away from that one, Sammy? :nufc:

Fop's view of the UK police is already on record, it still has nothing to do with this issue though.

It doesn't matter how good (or bad) they are if they still do things like this, that has to be opposed and stopped. :nufc:

If it's on record can you restate it or give me a link. Ta.

Btw, why are you being so pedantic about my spelling? I don't recall ever being bothered by other people's spelling before with the one exception of that statement you quoted, which mispelled dissent as decent, and changed the whole meaning of the sentence as a result (the only reason I highlighted it). Also, keeping referring to the time where I misinterpretted what you meant by conviction, and your bizarre use of the term 'rentions', is frankly embarassingly childish.

Care to try to aimlessly chip in on Renton's new Theory of Genetics in the other thread?

Or are even you staying away from that one, Sammy? :nufc:

Honestly don't see the relevance of that sentence to what I just typed tbh. Please don't feel compelled to respond to this either.

It doesn't matter how good (or bad) they are if they still do things like this, that has to be opposed and stopped. :wacko:

If it's on record can you restate it or give me a link. Ta.

Btw, why are you being so pedantic about my spelling? I don't recall ever being bothered by other people's spelling before with the one exception of that statement you quoted, which mispelled dissent as decent, and changed the whole meaning of the sentence as a result (the only reason I highlighted it). Also, keeping referring to the time where I misinterpretted what you meant by conviction, and your bizarre use of the term 'rentions', is frankly embarassingly childish.

And funny, don't forget funny. [/alex] :nufc:

Anyway so long as Renty and manc-foplite can keep their personal issues under control, back on track:

IPCC chief to face MPs over G20

Clashes at G20 protest Climate Camp - Video courtesy of The Sunday Times

The head of the police complaints watchdog is to give evidence in the Commons over the policing of the G20 protests in London.

Nick Hardwick, head of the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) will attend the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee on Tuesday.

Three cases, including the death of a man, have been referred to the body.

Mr Hardwick has questioned in the Observer why some officers apparently removed identity numbers from uniforms.

He also said police were "servants" not "masters".

'Expecting trouble'

In relation to his concerns over some officers suspected of removing their identification numbers, Mr Hardwick said: "I think that raises serious concerns about the frontline supervision.

They [the police] have to respond to the fact that they are going to be watched, there is going to be this evidence of what they have done

Nick Hardwick, IPCC chief

"Why was that happening, why did the supervisor not stop them?

"What does that say about what your state of mind is? You were expecting trouble?"

He also said the number of people who had filmed the protests on their mobile phones was proving a key factor in helping the IPCC determine whether complaints made against the police had any legitimacy.

The latest footage, released by Camp for Climate Action protesters at the London G20 demonstrations, shows a police officer striking a man, identified as IT worker Alex Cinnane.

Mr Cinnane, 24, is barged with a shield on the side of his head in the film, shown on the Sunday Times website.

The video, which was edited before it was released, does not show Mr Cinnane making any threatening behaviour towards the police officer.

Further footage

Mr Hardwick told the Observer: "What's been important with all these pictures is we have got such a wide picture of what happened.

"I think that is challenging the police. They have to respond to the fact that they are going to be watched, there is going to be this evidence of what they have done."

He also said that typical complainants of police behaviour were from middle-class backgrounds, who did not previously have a jaundiced view of the police.

"If you are Mr and Mrs Suburban who have a good view of the police and think they do a good job, and they stop you and swear at you, then you are shocked and you complain."

The Camp for Climate Action claimed thousands of peaceful protesters were attacked without warning.

Frances Wright, a lawyer acting for the group, said: "What has happened has demonstrated the importance of protesters watching the police at least as much as the police watch them during protests."

She added that officers should be legally required to wear large, football-player-style numbers on the front and back of their uniforms, to cut the risk of officers concealing their identity.

The police tactic of "kettling", or containing demonstrators, is expected to be among the subjects discussed at Mr Hardwick's appearance at the Commons.

_45664643_007114330-1.jpg

Ian Tomlinson died after he was pushed over by an officer

Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Constabulary, Denis O'Connor, is also scheduled to appear.

Newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson died after being pushed over by police on 1 April and film footage also showed an officer hitting Nicola Fisher, 35, from Brighton, across the face with his hand and on her leg with a baton on 2 April.

BBC Home Affairs correspondent, June Kelly, warned that fresh controversial images could still emerge.

She said: "This is the third case the Met has now referred to the IPCC. With so many cameras out there more footage could emerge in the coming days."

Former Metropolitan Police Commander John O'Connor, warned the Commissioner, Sir Paul Stephenson, he was in danger of losing the support of rank and file officers if he turned the case into a "witch hunt".

Sir Ken Jones, president of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) said the "vast and overwhelming majority" of police taking part in the operation deserved the public's support.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8006897.stm

G20 police action 'unacceptable'

Police have been criticised for some of their handling of the G20 protests

Video: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8010233.stm

The actions of some police officers at the G20 protest were "unacceptable", the incoming Chief Inspector of Constabulary has said.

Denis O'Connor, who is investigating police tactics, said it was also "utterly unacceptable" for officers to hide their badges from the public.

His points were echoed by Nick Hardwick, head of the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

The two men were giving evidence to the Commons Home Affairs committee.

Mr O'Connor said: "My concern was obviously about the individual incidents where officers, on the face of it, appeared to break with their colleagues and assault people.

"We in this country expect the very best from our police, quite properly, and police officers who give their lives - as Gary Toms did, sadly, very recently (PC Toms died last week after trying to stop a fleeing vehicle) - they do it for a very noble cause.

"So when you see something that does not square with that noble cause, it is disappointing and hugely concerning."

He added: "What I saw was unacceptable."

'Snapshots'

Mr O'Connor will be looking into three cases of alleged G20 police brutality, including the death of newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson, as well as the tactics officers employed on the day such as the "kettling" of protesters, which sees them confined to a specific area for hours at a time.

What I saw did not impress me that it's the British way

Dennis Connor, incoming HM Chief Inspector of Constabulary

He said he would be examining kettling "in terms of avoiding disruption and also the cost of what is achieved".

He said he wanted to look at the whole picture of what happened at the G20 protests, not just the "snapshots" seen in the media but he said he was starting with the "preconception" that officers should display their identifying numbers at all times.

Constables and sergeants are currently meant to display their numbers but senior ranks are not.

It has been suggested that some police officers did not have their numbers displayed at the G20 protest because they were worried about false accusations being made against them and being filmed or photographed, but Mr O'Connor said he did not accept those arguments, as the police had to be "accountable" to the public at all times.

And he said his probe would look at whether all officers should be forced to wear name badges, which are currently not compulsory.

'British way'

Mr O'Connor will also look at the widely differing tactics used by police forces in dealing with public order situations, from climate camp protests and G20 to the lighter touch displayed by the Metropolitan Police in containing the protest by Tamils in Parliament Square.

He said there had been no advance intelligence on violent protests ahead of the Tamil demonstration.

On the G20 protest, he said the incident in which an officer slapped Nicola Fisher and hit her with his baton was "unacceptable" adding: "What I saw did not impress me that it's the British way."

Mr O'Connor is Home Secretary Jacqui Smith's preferred candidate to be the next Chief Inspector of Constabulary, although his appointment has to be confirmed by the home affairs committee.

Mr O'Connor's interim report is due by end of June, with the final report to be published in September.

Mr Hardwick said the IPCC has received 185 complaints from G20 protests, including more than 50 complaints from members of the public who say they were assaulted or witnessed an assault.

He said the IPCC received twice as many complaints from the 2001 Countryside Alliance protests.

'Ugly' scenes

He said the severity of the G20 complaints and injuries alleged is greater - although the difference may be accounted for by the presence of "citizen journalists" with mobile phone cameras at the G20 protest.

"One of the consequences of this exposure through citizen journalism is that we will all see much more clearly what it is - and sometimes it looks ugly - what we expect the police to do," he told MPs.

He said there was a need for police to explain better so-called "distraction" techniques they are trained to use in violent confrontations, which he said was a "euphemism" for "kicking, hitting, punching".

It "looks ugly" on the television - but police are trained to use these techniques as long as the force used is reasonable and proportionate and they should not "wash their hands" of this fact.

Mr Hardwick said he made the decision to do a "rigorous, hands-on" assessment of Mr Tomlinson's death to see if he came into contact with the police before he collapsed.

The evidence initially was that there was not any contact, so at first the IPCC decided not to conduct an independent investigation.

He said the police should not have rushed out a statement under media pressure to say there had been no contact with Mr Tomlinson but he was not surprised they did as "they have done it before".

He also owned up to a "mistake" when he said there was no CCTV in the area where Mr Tomlinson collapsed.

"I made a mistake. It's a personal mistake I made. I misunderstood the briefing I'd had, of course there were CCTV cameras in the area," he told MPs.

A policeman has already been interviewed under caution on suspicion of manslaughter after new tests overturned the initial post-mortem into the cause of Mr Tomlinson's death.

Mr Tomlinson, 47, was filmed being struck and pushed over by a police officer. A fresh post-mortem examination found he died of abdominal bleeding, not a heart attack, as first thought.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8009939.stm

Pc 'eager to hit G20 protesters'

_45678330_007107875-1.jpg

More than 80 allegations have been made about G20 police violence

A police officer is being investigated after allegedly writing on a website that he was keen to "bash some long haired hippys" at the G20 protest.

Pc Rob Ward apparently put the note on Facebook on the evening of 1 April, the first day of City of London protests.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "The matter has been recorded and will be investigated appropriately."

Pc Ward received a written warning but has not been suspended as the inquiry takes place, a police spokesman said.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) received 185 complaints about police behaviour at the protests.

'Can't wait'

The police officer's profile page on social networking site Facebook contained a message apparently written by Pc Ward at 2017 BST on 1 April.

It stated: "Rob Ward can't wait to bash some long haired hippys up @ the G20."

Twenty minutes later another Facebook user posted a reply that said: "Dats bad but good in da same way lol [laugh out loud]."

The message was later removed from Pc Ward's Facebook page.

The police spokesman said officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards would carry out the initial assessment in the investigation.

Pc Ward could face disciplinary action over the message.

'Canteen culture'

Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman Chris Huhne said: "There is clearly a worry about the canteen culture of some parts of the Met, which this Facebook posting feeds."

The IPCC received more than 80 complaints from people who said they were assaulted or witnessed an assault by police during the G20 protests.

It also received more than 50 complaints about police tactics.

Ian Tomlinson, a 47-year-old newspaper vendor, died minutes after he was pushed over by a policeman during the demonstrations on 1 April.

The police officer at the centre of that allegation has been suspended and interviewed under caution on suspicion of manslaughter in connection with the death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8016620.stm

Lets face it - most coppers aren't that bright - it's not exactly the hardest job to get in to - and most of them spend most of their time doing very very boring jobs at anti social hours - and no-one is friends with you any more

So when they get the chance of a bit of excitement they tend to go over the top - screaming through Newcastle at 90 mph in an unmarked car, beating up some fat git in London, shooting the odd innocent Brazilian.................

There are a LOT worse police forces in the world - try France.... or Russia for example

That of course doesn't excuse our lot when they go over the top - if they do they should be investigated and punished if they are guilty

Lets face it - most coppers aren't that bright - it's not exactly the hardest job to get in to - and most of them spend most of their time doing very very boring jobs at anti social hours - and no-one is friends with you any more

So when they get the chance of a bit of excitement they tend to go over the top - screaming through Newcastle at 90 mph in an unmarked car, beating up some fat git in London, shooting the odd innocent Brazilian.................

There are a LOT worse police forces in the world - try France.... or Russia for example

That of course doesn't excuse our lot when they go over the top - if they do they should be investigated and punished if they are guilty

Renton would agree with you.

Most other people would agree that just because the police in Zimbabwe are worse, it's absolutely no excuse, and not worth mentioning.